British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Peter Craven Memorial (Belle Vue) 21.03.20

5 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

The problem with your brilliant ideas, as I see it, is getting a consensus of British promotors to agree to it. I can see that being the stumbling block.

i think all racing at NSS would bring in a good turnover from the streams, such that if there were 2 visiting teams there should be something in it for the promotors.

Godfrey would want all meetings to be at Scunthorpe and Buster would object.:D

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the winners of the Peter Craven Memorial ??

Cheers,

Ken Brown 

stats@openaccess.com.au 

6 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

The first serious accident caused by 6 man races would finish this folly for ever.

There have been many serious accidents in 6 man races over the years.

There have been many serious accidents in 4 man races over the years.

Not sure what your point is and how you would determine that the extra 2 riders on the track were actually the cause of the accident.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mikebv said:

Tin hat on time but never mind...

I have said before there should be races with more than four riders in simply to give something 'different' to the night..

Seen it in the USA on tiny 110m tracks so somewhere like the NSS is a perfect shape and size for it, the shape means hardly any locking up so less chance of a rider behind knocking the guy in front off his bike or getting injured himself..

And even match races can still have two riders crashing..

Maybe a heat 15 every week could be 3 from each team? A possible 12-3 could make lots of meetings last heat deciders..

Another call would be to run the 2021 season (if still no chance of a full season) solely at the NSS Mondays and Thursdays..

Every Premiership meeting takes place there via streaming...

Facilities are great, lighting is excellent, and the team who present the stream are amongst the very best at what they do so can stay based there.. 

And of course the racing is superb..

Similar to how Basketball did it in the states, ie one venue..

It may need a domestic rider only league to get round any restrictions that may exist but at least it would give a full season, and hopefully plenty of people paying to watch their teams..

The Championship could do something similar on two other nights at one, or even two, of their best tracks for racing...

A weekly ticket for say two matches a week at something like a tenner would be popular I would think and wouldn't just attract the fans from the teams on show..

Four teams race one week in the Premiership and four teams race the next, meaning each team rides once a fortnight..

Poland got a fair few viewers this year but to be honest the racing didn't excite the way it usually does so maybe this 'captured audience' could migrate over to domestic speedway a couple of nights per week if the product is good..

And the NSS pretty much guarantees it is..

Good luck with that at Wolves, Leicester and many others... just because something works once doesn't make it a good idea and this definitely isn't one   

20 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

And if there is to be a 2021 domestic UK league, I hope it will be possible to watch NSS matches on Live Stream ( How about a season ticket? I hope it's under consideration )

Nss is one of the few tracks that I would pay to watch a streamed meeting from, maybe also Peterborough

15 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Only think you've missed is a retractable roof to weatherproof the stadium :D

There must be one in storage somewhere in Bradford that was never used :lol:

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 10:43 PM, chunky said:

Thing is, six riders in a race is not a huge problem for most riders - certainly not those who ride in the Czech Golden Helmet and certain other events on the continent.

As you say, it only became an issue with the the World Pairs, and that's because riders were looking for their team-mates. THAT was the problem...

Completely agree with the looking for your partner.issue

But 6 rider races at Pardubice aren't a problem due to the size of  the track. They could easily have 8 at the tapes and at a push 10. Though 8 and 10 would be loads of first bend bunching incidents. 

Be interesting to see how many current and  former  British tracks that would fit onto the  centre green at Pardubice . Bet there's not many that would encroach on the  track

1 minute ago, Triple.H. said:

Completely agree with the looking for your partner.issue

But 6 rider races at Pardubice aren't a problem due to the size of  the track. They could easily have 8 at the tapes and at a push 10. Though 8 and 10 would be loads of first bend bunching incidents. 

Be interesting to see how many current and  former  British tracks that would fit onto the  centre green at Pardubice . Bet there's not many that would encroach on the  track

I don't think the "size" of the track is as important as the width. As has been said, six riders are normal on the small American tracks, but a track like Hull (the Boulevard) was narrow even for four!

10 hours ago, iainb said:

Nss is one of the few tracks that I would pay to watch a streamed meeting from, maybe also Peterborough

Which reminds me has anyone got a link to the Ben Barker vs The Fish duel at the 4s

2 minutes ago, chunky said:

I don't think the "size" of the track is as important as the width. As has been said, six riders are normal on the small American tracks, but a track like Hull (the Boulevard) was narrow even for four!

You shouldve gone to Craven Park

3 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

You shouldve gone to Craven Park

Yeah, never went there...

14 minutes ago, chunky said:

Yeah, never went there...

Very Very Narrow and once the sun set it made Swindon after sun set seem like the Caribbean 

Just now, Triple.H. said:

Very Very Narrow and once the sun set it made Swindon after sun set seem like the Caribbean 

Trust me, I know what Hull is like climate-wise; I went there a few times (not for speedway) in either September or October!

8 minutes ago, chunky said:

Trust me, I know what Hull is like climate-wise; I went there a few times (not for speedway) in either September or October!

Not filming Indoor League in the Hull Studios 

2 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Not filming Indoor League in the Hull Studios 

We went to Leeds for the Indoor League...

• Like 1

Craven Park was square and narrow but WHAT A VIEW from that home straight stand.