Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Peter Craven Memorial (Belle Vue) 21.03.20

Recommended Posts

I know it this meeting gives Jordan Palin some experience but going on his performance at the U21 Championship I can't but feel he will be well out of his depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cinderfella said:

I know it this meeting gives Jordan Palin some experience but going on his performance at the U21 Championship I can't but feel he will be well out of his depth.

Beat a few established riders in the aces select meeting a few week ago. 

 

Beat Harris also. He will take a scalp or few today. The Palin we saw last night is not the real Palin I've seen plenty of times 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Beat a few established riders in the aces select meeting a few week ago. 

 

Besa Harris also. He will take a scalp or few today. The Palin we saw last night is not the real Palin I've seen plenty of times 

Also has had a couple of decent meetings at Scunny this year. I don’t think last night was a great indicator of an awful lot really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See the betting section of the forum, where Bet365 are offering odds for tonights. Not surprisingly Doyle starts as favourite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 rider races are a completely useless and dangerous idea.

I can't remember who they were now but a few years ago at least a couple of top riders declared they would never again ride in 6 rider races considering them too dangerous even on wide tracks. An experiment such as this took place at Ivan Mauger's farewell meeting at Hyde road years ago and it was crap.

Useless for spectators because the eyes and mind struggle to keep track of who's who with 6 participants in such close proximity.

Don't fix things that aren't broken.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

6 rider races are a completely useless and dangerous idea.

I can't remember who they were now but a few years ago at least a couple of top riders declared they would never again ride in 6 rider races considering them too dangerous even on wide tracks. An experiment such as this took place at Ivan Mauger's farewell meeting at Hyde road years ago and it was crap.

Useless for spectators because the eyes and mind struggle to keep track of who's who with 6 participants in such close proximity.

Don't fix things that aren't broken.

Agreed - I never understood the attraction of the 16 lapper with 8 riders at Ipswich. 
Was there ever actually a final when all 8 riders finished I wonder as most videos seem to show fallers and re-runs?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

6 rider races are a completely useless and dangerous idea.

I can't remember who they were now but a few years ago at least a couple of top riders declared they would never again ride in 6 rider races considering them too dangerous even on wide tracks. An experiment such as this took place at Ivan Mauger's farewell meeting at Hyde road years ago and it was crap.

Useless for spectators because the eyes and mind struggle to keep track of who's who with 6 participants in such close proximity.

Don't fix things that aren't broken.

I think you are recalling the World Pairs which used 6 rider races for a few years until 1990 when there was a serious injury to Piotr Swist in a semi and another major crash in the final.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_Speedway_World_Pairs_Championship#:~:text=The 1990 Speedway World Pairs,and the less fancied Australia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More passes in 2 heats then there was in 20 last night

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rob B said:

More passes in 2 heats then there was in 20 last night

And the camera managed to show them :t:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHAT A MEETING THIS IS. Worth way more than the £10 I paid 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Phil The Ace said:

WHAT A MEETING THIS IS. Worth way more than the £10 I paid 

Steady on old boy! It has been very entertaining though. I can see this streaming being quite lucrative for the Aces not so sure about other clubs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy