British Speedway Forum
stevebrum

Freddie Lindgren music video

23 hours ago, iris123 said:

Egon Müller and Reg Luckhurst made a few records

Great song,decent rendition.

5 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Didnt John McNeill release a single about wanting to be like Ivan Mauger

That's right! Forgotten all about that...

Also thought a group of riders ( was it one from each team?) brought out a record around 1974-ish Speedway Riders United or something. Sure Bert Harkins and possibly Scott Autrey were involved

20 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Also thought a group of riders ( was it one from each team?) brought out a record around 1974-ish Speedway Riders United or something. Sure Bert Harkins and possibly Scott Autrey were involved

Yep. That pic was on the cover of SS. I seem to remember Martin Ashby and John Louis as well.

36 minutes ago, iris123 said:

It was a record for the Ben Fund.    They called themselves "The Rivals".   The record was called "Speedway" with a B-side called "Hoskins Still Rides"

It was Bert Harkins, Graeme Stapleton, Peter Collins, Jim McMillan, John Louis, Scott Autrey,  Dag Lovaas, Nigel Boocock, Terry Betts, Pete Smith, Martin Ashby, Malcolm Brown, George Hunter

Edited by PotteringAround
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

It was a record for the Ben Fund.    They called themselves "The Rivals".   The record was called "Speedway" with a B-side called "Hoskins Still Rides"

It was Bert Harkins, Graeme Stapleton, Peter Collins, Jim McMillan, John Louis, Scott Autrey,  Dag Lovaas, Nigel Boocock, Terry Betts, Pete Smith, Martin Ashby, Malcolm Brown, George Hunter

Thanks! I was thinking Stape was there too...

Peterborough Panthers recorded ‘Aces of the Track’ in the 70s, (with the Graham Walker Showband I believe). I remember the discs arrived unlabelled and I sat in the speedway office licking and sticking the round red labels on the vinyl!

15 hours ago, chunky said:

Don't forget that Shawn Moran covered Chris Spedding's "Motorbikin'". I had the single...

I remember going to a meeting with Shawn and Maurice Ducker about promoting the record. It must have been about making a video for it which didn't happen . A long time ago. I had a few copies knocking about for a while.

On 2/23/2020 at 4:12 PM, PotteringAround said:

I bought that. It's long gone now though.

Image result for speedway riders record 1974

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, ChrisSimpson said:

I think the Coventry Bees team released a song?

There was a Rooboy song if memory serves and I think the team did one when, maybe when they won the league around 2010 ish?

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I bought that. It's long gone now though.

Image result for speedway riders record 1974

I've probably still got that in the loft, it certainly wouldn't have been overplayed :D

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 9:26 AM, iainb said:

Toadally cringetastic great mate!

One question really... Why?

If they're in Love and enjoying life why not do something you want to do and can afford for your Children to show your Grandchildren.

The singing ain't too good but they look happier than dogs or children the first time they get taken to a beach.