British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
2ndbendbeerhut

Adventure Boyz

Yeah they filmed scenes at Eastbourne in 2018. It has been publicised within Speedway since, although I had forgotten about it again

On 2/21/2020 at 4:39 PM, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Dont know if this has been mentioned before... apologies if it has but.....

Anyone seen this? Thought it was going to be US Speedway (NASCAR) but seems its been filmed at Eastbourne

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9671918/

How can you get to watch the film please if anyone knows?

that's both good and disappointing news then . talked to howard last season who not only stars in the film but i think also wrote and directed it  , they were hoping to get it out on general release rather than just the selected few cinemas in the south east before going to dvd , can't believe they couldn't get backing off one of the cine groups to get it on , it seems tailor made for a school holiday release . herstmonceux castle should benefit from it's release finally , the place looks stunning .  won't surprise anyone to know you can order it now but only if you live in the usa or canada.  

Edited by gee jay

I have seen the movie....it's a kids film. No problem with that....but not my cup of tea!

Sound message though, as it seems to be saying to its target audience:.... get off that games console and get out into the real world as opposed to a cyber one!

• Like 1

We did an interview with some of the cast who were in attendance at Arlington last year.  You can see the interview by clicking the link below.  It is available I believe to stream on Amazon and other popular streaming sites, and the DVD release here in the UK is imminent.

https://youtu.be/rVJ8K6DSTmE

Edited by SpeedwayPortal

The Adventure Boyz movie, filmed on location at Arlington stadium in 2018, has now officially had its UK DVD release and is available to buy online by clicking the link below.

Buy the DVD

Eagles TV caught up with the writer, director and star of the movie Howard J Ford following the release of the film.

I got the DVD from my local store AMAZON. 

It's a great little film it's a bit of a Home Alone spoof at times but it's not offensive or a blatant copy.

It's fun & interesting it shows a good bit of speedway without it dominating the film

This is clearly a low budget project but has been put together well enough. It might not make the Oscar nomination list but it is an enjoyable watch.

Thanks all for checking out Adventure Boyz, also to Technik for grabbing a copy! :) We loved filming this at Arlington Stadium, Eastbourne and Castle and all and doing the interviews with Andy for Eagles TV. Amazing to be around your awesome sport! Ironic that the theme is 'Get off your device and get out there' and of course Covid has changed the way we could release the film. It's had a very good release across the US and Canada but right now only officially available on DVD (Which works on Xbox and Ps4 machines too :) We decided to support our NHS so 25% of every purchase goes to our NHS: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313034470822 Of course we'd love you to share and thanks for letting me capture the amazing sport of Speedway and entertain a lot of families too! My best to you all. Howard & TEAM ADVENTURE BOYZ