BBC Live now:

“Millions could die if governments fail to act”

How many millions would it take?

25 minutes ago, DC2 said:

BBC Live now:

“Millions could die if governments fail to act”

Good god.

• Like 2

There really isn't enough attention paid to the point DC2 made a day or two ago.

We now know almost certainly that the overwhelming majority of tests (basically all bar famous folk like footballers) have been on people with SERIOUS symptoms.

We also know 90% of these did NOT have the virus.

What would be interesting to know is how many of those actually required a stay in hospital.. bearing in mind their symptoms were serious and were advised to go to the hospital in the first place..

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

:D

I know this is serious, but that made me laugh. Myself, I had a letter from the NHS yesterday advising me to not to leave my home, due to my health.

10 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

There really isn't enough attention paid to the point DC2 made a day or two ago.

We now know almost certainly that the overwhelming majority of tests (basically all bar famous folk like footballers) have been on people with SERIOUS symptoms.

We also know 90% of these did NOT have the virus.

What would be interesting to know is how many of those actually required a stay in hospital.. bearing in mind their symptoms were serious and were advised to go to the hospital in the first place..

Blimey, cough, cough, I’m feeling a bit faint myself now.  :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Blimey, cough, cough, I’m feeling a bit faint myself now.  :)

It is dangerous, we've agreed far too often on this thread!

Point is though if you take it further..

Taken from the Guardian on 17th March:

Testing now mostly takes place in hospital. People in intensive care units and those with respiratory illness, especially if it is pneumonia, will get tested for Covid-19. When there is a cluster of infections, such as an outbreak in a care home, those people will also be tested.

That announcement took place on 12th March.

On 12th March there were 590 positives... now there are 9529.

So since that change in testing, we have just under 9000 positives..... and we know 90% of the tests were negative. So 90% of those tested did NOT have Covid-19... but were mostly actually in hospital, either in ICU or with pneumonia etc.

So, the point is.... what is REALLY clogging up hospital beds?

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I know this is serious, but that made me laugh. Myself, I had a letter from the NHS yesterday advising me to not to leave my home, due to my health.

Best wishes to you ...

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Best wishes to you ...

Cheers mate. i'm ok, just a bit peed off ;)

Completely nails it imo ...

• Like 2

It comes to something when David Icke is making sense.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Now it is the calm before the storm.....said the German health minister. And then talk of how good the hospitals are prepared for it. So according to him, what we have seen so far is nothing compared to what is to come

US now has the most cases. Think New York alone have made 25% of tests in the US so far

Edited by iris123

7 hours ago, BWitcher said:

So, the point is.... what is REALLY clogging up hospital beds?

Mass panic from medical professionals, and media commentators who make publicity from all this. 

I can understand their perspective on the matter as they're at the sharp end, but they also need to understand they somewhat live off the fat-of-the-land and there's an economic reality that underpins this.

Heard a good interview yesterday with an epidemiologist who'd worked in Ebola infected areas, where she said mass scaremongering was ultimately ineffective. People still needed to go about their business to some extent and just stopped respecting the medical experts - and bear in mind 1 in 2 people who got Ebola died, which is absolutely off the scale compared to COVID-19.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 6

No idea what is happening in other countries, but I know they started putting off unessential operations a few weeks back here, to keep beds free