Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Recommended Posts

Why are the Chinese seemingly good at controlling the spread? Is it true that their desire to influence the West is to be feared more than the virus?

Why has every European government forsaken the safety of its citizens to pursue a financial programme throughout the summer which in reality only underwrote the situation on a short term basis but in reality as it stands, without a vaccine means that periodic and frequent lockdowns will be the norm and for those naive politicians who have no more idea than the scientists, what is the average person on the street expected to follow.

Joe public no longer has faith in our parliamentarians with divisions evident between local and national politicians added to which you have the scientists who currently seem to have only one message, gloom and doom. No wonder many are ignoring the advice. In the UK no one is leading from the front at any level be it managing pthe effects of the pandemic, financial setback or the social and medical issues or any variation thereof. They cannot agree as to a way forward. Time for the people on the street make it known That the elected politicians seem to be falling short.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Dodging the question of what would you do to stop this second Wave. All very well sitting on the sidelines belittling others attempts. Any fool can do that. 

ICU's are running at around their normal levels for the time of year, deaths are also around the five year average. The only second wave is on TV and in the 'newspapers'. I'm not dodging any question, because you can't control a virus. You simply protect the vulnerable and everyone else gets on with life. Take your Vitamin D Mr Tsunami :)

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/more-than-80-per-cent-of-hospitalized-covid-19-patients-had-vitamin-d-deficiency-study-1.5162396?taid=5f9820f47b7d9200015038c0&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Crumpet said:

ICU's are running at around their normal levels for the time of year, deaths are also around the five year average. The only second wave is on TV and in the 'newspapers'. I'm not dodging any question, because you can't control a virus. You simply protect the vulnerable and everyone else gets on with life. Take your Vitamin D Mr Tsunami :)

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/more-than-80-per-cent-of-hospitalized-covid-19-patients-had-vitamin-d-deficiency-study-1.5162396?taid=5f9820f47b7d9200015038c0&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

So you don't know, but are trying to belittle the efforts of a government advised by more important 'Medics' than you. Like I say even an idiot can criticise others without knowing how to do better, Given figures around the western part of the World, we seem to be part of a Second wave that the likes of you can't bring yourselves to believe.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Come on Vince we are not going to get anywhere comparing the lockdowns with Fergusons predictions. Poor Social behaviour is helping the continued passing on of the virus between the public, and the affect of lockdown varies according to the extent of the level of cooperation of the public. What area was the original 'raves and party' area with a higher R rate and cases. Correct Manchester.

One wonders if people think that, excluding the vaccine, what is the mysterious cure of the virus if people don't think lockdown is the answer. Be interesting to hear the answers. 

I don't see the lockdown being compared to anything except Fergusons model. We now have real life figures for comparison.

It seems that model has been used near universally to predict outcomes. Except for Sweden where they checked the coding and found it to have major faults.

There must have been plenty of raves and parties in Southampton, Exeter, Brighton and so on along with other behaviour that doesn't comply with the rules, they have Universities too. So since they haven't been subject to as much in the way of restrictions I think it would be very sensible to ask why their case rate has stayed lower.

As for what the answer is my opinion all the way through has been to put all available resources into protecting the vulnerable while letting the rest keep the economy afloat to foot the bill.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Not really no, still haven’t. It just comes across like you’ve literally no idea how a transmission disease works. Stick to copying others thoughts, you expose yourself as an idiot when you think freely.

Fishing is all you have so you stick with it sunshine and eventually you might even get half decent at it.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Vince said:

I don't see the lockdown being compared to anything except Fergusons model. We now have real life figures for comparison.

It seems that model has been used near universally to predict outcomes. Except for Sweden where they checked the coding and found it to have major faults.

There must have been plenty of raves and parties in Southampton, Exeter, Brighton and so on along with other behaviour that doesn't comply with the rules, they have Universities too. So since they haven't been subject to as much in the way of restrictions I think it would be very sensible to ask why their case rate has stayed lower.

As for what the answer is my opinion all the way through has been to put all available resources into protecting the vulnerable while letting the rest keep the economy afloat to foot the bill.

Yes, but that could well incur many many deaths, and what would you and others do then. Blame the government is top of the list, as Herd doesn't work does it.

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

So you don't know, but are trying to belittle the efforts of a government advised by more important 'Medics' than you. Like I say even an idiot can criticise others without knowing how to do better, Giving figures around the western part of the World, we seem to be part of a Second wave that the likes of you can't bring yourselves to believe.

I'll believe it when i see it thanks, not because the media or scaredy cats in the #covid cult tell me. I'm more concerned about the thousands of people who are dying because of undiagnosed heart disease and cancer. Unlike covid with its 99% survival rate, they will kill you. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Come on Vince we are not going to get anywhere comparing the lockdowns with Fergusons predictions. Poor Social behaviour is helping the continued passing on of the virus between the public, and the affect of lockdown varies according to the extent of the level of cooperation of the public. What area was the original 'raves and party' area with a higher R rate and cases. Correct Manchester.

One wonders if people think that, excluding the vaccine, what is the mysterious cure of the virus if people don't think lockdown is the answer. Be interesting to hear the answers. 

People's homes are the most common way the virus is spread, not parties and pubs. Lockdowns are simply not working anywhere, so why keep trying when we know the massive collateral damage they cause? Even Johnson said in last week's press conference, when asked why he wasn't imposing a lockdown again like Wales, that the damage to the economy and people's physical and mental health was too great, in effect implying the cure is worse than the disease.

And there is no 'cure' for a virus, science hasn't ever cured one, they have a handful of drugs that help control or reduce the symptoms of some, that's it. You can prevent some like polio with vaccines, but with most it's a case of taking sensible hygiene measures, focusing measures and support on those who are known to be vulnerable and learning to live with them. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Crumpet said:

I'll believe it when i see it thanks, not because the media or scaredy cats in the #covid cult tell me. I'm more concerned about the thousands of people who are dying because of undiagnosed heart disease and cancer. Unlike covid with its 99% survival rate, they will kill you. 

The worlds talking about a second wave, but the news still hasn't reached those who don't want to know it on the BSF :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Shrub said:

People's homes are the most common way the virus is spread, not parties and pubs. Lockdowns are simply not working anywhere, so why keep trying when we know the massive collateral damage they cause? Even Johnson said in last week's press conference, when asked why he wasn't imposing a lockdown again like Wales, that the damage to the economy and people's physical and mental health was too great, in effect implying the cure is worse than the disease.

And there is no 'cure' for a virus, science hasn't ever cured one, they have a handful of drugs that help control or reduce the symptoms of some, that's it. You can prevent some like polio with vaccines, but with most it's a case of taking sensible hygiene measures, focusing measures and support on those who are known to be vulnerable and learning to live with them. 

Utter rubbish. If true we would not be advised to work in "bubbles" would we. 30% of all cases are due to the entertainment industries.

Wow, that sounds very much like social distancing and preventing people mixing too closely. Let's call it lockdown. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, but that could well incur many many deaths, and what would you and others do then. Blame the government is top of the list, as Herd doesn't work does it.

I don't know if herd immunity works. I do know that only a miniscule percentage of those outside the vulnerable categories dies from covid though and that in that section of the public more have died of other illnesses because they've been unable to get treatment.

We don't actually know whether lockdown has saved any lives. It has been quoted as saving x number of lives but that is only comparing it against a computer model. In which case hundreds of thousands of lives could be said to have been saved from bird flu and mad cow disease.

All I'm saying is that somebody should be comparing against reality not computer models by now. It might end up that lockdown is the best that can be done but it needs checking.

 

Edited by Vince
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Utter rubbish. If true we would not be advised to work in "bubbles" would we. 30% of all cases are due to the entertainment industries.

Wow, that sounds very much like social distancing and preventing people mixing too closely. Let's call it lockdown. 

The 30% in hospitality was proved to be cobblers and based on a study of just 100 pubs. The true figure according to PHE  and test and trace was 4%. Homes are the most common source of transmission. Look further than the BBC!

So how did you interpret Johnson's remarks in last weeks press conference re why he wasn't doing another lockdown like Wales?

No, it sounds like washing your hands, keeping a sensible distance, looking after those who need or want help and getting on with life.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Shrub said:

People's homes are the most common way the virus is spread, not parties and pubs. Lockdowns are simply not working anywhere, so why keep trying when we know the massive collateral damage they cause? Even Johnson said in last week's press conference, when asked why he wasn't imposing a lockdown again like Wales, that the damage to the economy and people's physical and mental health was too great, in effect implying the cure is worse than the disease.

And there is no 'cure' for a virus, science hasn't ever cured one, they have a handful of drugs that help control or reduce the symptoms of some, that's it. You can prevent some like polio with vaccines, but with most it's a case of taking sensible hygiene measures, focusing measures and support on those who are known to be vulnerable and learning to live with them. 

That would be why those paragons of pandemic management in Uppsala and now Skane are 'asking' their residents to stay in and not go to parties then.

The virus in Sweden is 'currently spreading the most among people aged 20 - 60' according to 'The Local se' - Sweden's news in English.

I'd post a link but, as I explained, it comes to me as an email and the link always shows my details.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

That would be why those paragons of pandemic management in Uppsala and now Skane are 'asking' their residents to stay in and not go to parties then.

The virus in Sweden is 'currently spreading the most among people aged 20 - 60' according to 'The Local se' - Sweden's news in English.

I'd post a link but, as I explained, it comes to me as an email and the link always shows my details.

Fine.Then why does contact tracing from PHE show that most transmission is in households and pubs and restaurants just 4%?

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Shrub said:

Fine.Then why does contact tracing from PHE show that most transmission is in households and pubs and restaurants just 4%?

I don't know, you'd best ask them that. I just keep reading on here how the Swedish approach is the way to go so assumed they'd know better than our lot.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy