Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Your source?

The cancer thing has been done to death (excuse the pun once again) a few days ago so I'm not going to go full circle on that issue.

'Plenty' is the only word I'm comfortable using as nobody really knows an accurate number.  There have been many reports and personal testimonies from those that have lost perfectly healthy loved ones throughout the pandemic. 

Then in that case my original comment that the number under 60, with no relevant health issues is miniscule is equally adequate. I can't actually find the latest numbers but a month ago it really was very small, certainly the tiniest fraction of those who will die because their cancer went undiagnosed.

You can't only count the deaths you want to include and ignore the rests when you are looking toward the future of the country.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I don`t really know but i would suspect over 95% did.

Is that 95% died of covid, or 95% within the 28 day rule?

It looks like more than one question, without punctuation. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Is that 95% died of covid, or 95% within the 28 day rule?

It looks like more than one question, without punctuation. 

Just 1 question i believe as the criteria of the deaths is those who died within 28 days of testing postive for covid 19- so my guesstimate was 95% correct- 5% possibly died of something else.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT would be of great help to all sides of this argument if the government, Sage or whoever would actually differentiate between those who die because of Covid-19 rather than just with it. There is a distinction.

Think it would help if they also showed hospital admissions and current mortality against data for this year normally 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So some are suggesting that the elderly and those with certain pre-existing conditions but with no trace of the virus should stay inside to allow the younger, fitter individuals that have contracted the virus but have not been laid up with it carry on enjoying life as normal.

Doesn't seem right to me.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Liverpool hospitals on bbc now at full capacity , no theatre operations .

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I don`t really know but i would suspect over 95% did.

I suspect at least 75% didn't. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

So some are suggesting that the elderly and those with certain pre-existing conditions but with no trace of the virus should stay inside to allow the younger, fitter individuals that have contracted the virus but have not been laid up with it carry on enjoying life as normal.

The first group would be best advised to take precautions whatever the government response as up to 90% of Covid cases are asymptomatic.

The government’s “vulnerable” group now includes everyone over 60!

But, yes, that would be better than now because our economy would still be working and taxes would be collected.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

So some are suggesting that the elderly and those with certain pre-existing conditions but with no trace of the virus should stay inside to allow the younger, fitter individuals that have contracted the virus but have not been laid up with it carry on enjoying life as normal.

Doesn't seem right to me.

That's where it gets complicated, I agree that you can't define vulnerability by age, so blanketing by age doesn't seem fair. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Different day same people spouting the same crap.

Different day, Diamondboy spouting the same crap... :wink:

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The first group would be best advised to take precautions whatever the government response as up to 90% of Covid cases are asymptomatic.

The government’s “vulnerable” group now includes everyone over 60!

But, yes, that would be better than now because our economy would still be working and taxes would be collected.

Wonderful.

Happy 60th birthday mate. Now get inside and don't come out till you're in a box!

Meanwhile, those doing the spreading can play merrily wherever and with whoever they want.

And you're wondering why your idea wasn't implemented.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

That's where it gets complicated, I agree that you can't define vulnerability by age, so blanketing by age doesn't seem fair. 

 

You can as far as Covid is concerned.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Wonderful.

Happy 60th birthday mate. Now get inside and don't come out till you're in a box!

Meanwhile, those doing the spreading can play merrily.

And you're wondering why your idea wasn't implemented.

That’s the slant you’re putting on it.

You’re dismissing the risk factors as acknowledged by the government.

Why shouldn’t a healthy, responsible 25 year old continue to work and lead a relatively normal life, especially if he has children?

It shouldn’t be a requirement for over 60s to stay inside. They should be encouraged to enjoy the fresh air, but to distance, and each over 60 should be entitled to choose their own precautions.

For example, a healthy, slim over 60 might decide to live with few precautions and others may decide that meeting with family members (currently outlawed by the government) is a risk worth taking to make their lives more enjoyable.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy