British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Sarcasm might be your best hiding place. Facts, figures and interpretation certainly aren’t.  :D

It’s also quite obvious that you don’t appreciate the trends in the UK’s daily reported deaths!

Oh sure. Because I have had to spend days trying to get you to understand 'lag' :D You should understand it, as your brain seems to have a couple of days lag......:party:

Please point out where I have mentioned the 'UK's daily reported deaths '

Just now, iris123 said:

Oh sure. Because I have had to spend days trying to get you to understand 'lag' :D You should understand it, as your brain seems to have a couple of days lag......:party:

Please point out where I have mentioned the 'UK's daily reported deaths '

I explained that to you when you originally raised the point. Of course there’s a chance the penny will drop at some point.

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

Latest South Australian lockdown, which is being ended early. No dog walking. No exercise outside the home. 

Coming to a city/town/village near you in the UK in 2021.

I don't see how anyone can justify rules like this being necessary, surely even those who believe in having a strict lockdown think this is absurd?

5 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

I don't see how anyone can justify rules like this being necessary, surely even those who believe in having a strict lockdown think this is absurd?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Malmö have announced further restrictions starting next week. Swimming baths and fitness centres, Museums and Art Galleries will be closed to the public. Baths will stay open to schools though

40 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

I'd have to agree that measures such as no exercise and no dog walking are excessive. However, at least you can't accuse the South Australian authorities of being half-hearted. Draconian as they are, bound to be more effective than the dogs breakfast of measures that we are subjected to.

For example, over here in Norn Iron coffee shops can re-open today after being closed for 4 weeks, but will be closing again next Friday!

37 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Is this a wind-up?

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

But that is not true. The whole basis of wearing a mask is not to protect yourself, but others. The Danish study showed it protected the wearer slightly, but that was never the basic point and has been explained again and again

Maybe...

But as we have  debated again and  again....if  I  have no  symptoms, don`t  cough  sneeze  and  stay  2  metres  from you if  I talk ...the  mask is  a virtue  symbol and there  is  no  need  for me  to  wear it....you are  safe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, salty said:

I'd have to agree that measures such as no exercise and no dog walking are excessive. However, at least you can't accuse the South Australian authorities of being half-hearted. Draconian as they are, bound to be more effective than the dogs breakfast of measures that we are subjected to.

For example, over here in Norn Iron coffee shops can re-open today after being closed for 4 weeks, but will be closing again next Friday!

No outside exercise or dog walking is plain stupid. Being outside is one of the few protections against contracting this illness.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

No outside exercise or dog walking is plain stupid. Being outside is one of the few protections against contracting this illness.

Just to be clear (politic speak) I totally agree its plain stupid! Surely in an Australian summer no better place to be than outside.

Did I not hear that the SA lockdown has now been partially lifted?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Maybe...

But as we have  debated again and  again....if  I  have no  symptoms, don`t  cough  sneeze  and  stay  2  metres  from you if  I talk ...the  mask is  a virtue  symbol and there  is  no  need  for me  to  wear it....you are  safe. 

Ah, but the expert yesterday was also saying social distancing is no good.....so am I ? That is the trouble with too many experts with different opinions and possibly 'sponsors'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

You can trust Pfizer...Oh wait, what's this  :rolleyes:

https://violationtracker.goodjobsfirst.org/prog.php?parent=pfizer

Pretty obvious why they asked for, and were granted, indemnity from prosecution in the case of harm being caused by their rushed and untested concoction.

• Like 2