British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

All countries, bring manufacturing back home...

• Like 2

209 UK deaths announced today, down from 260 yesterday.

I’m not reading anything into this but I would like to see the results of the NHS workers’ tests ASAP.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

209 UK deaths announced today, down from 260 yesterday.

Don't forget tho,  we've lost an hour overnight :t:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Don't forget tho,  we've lost an hour overnight :t:

Effectively 218 then if the 209 is for 23 hours.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Effectively 218 then if the 209 is for 23 hours.

Still a better score tho.

10 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Still a better score tho.

Got to wonder if this is a rogue result today with the 209, or was it yesterday with the high one of 260. Hmmm.

Edited by Tsunami

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Got to wonder if this is a rogue result today with the 209, or was it yesterday with the high one of 259. Hmmm.

All of the “results” are flawed without specific information.

We had a relative die on Christmas Day. He’d had acute lung disease for sometime and always struggled to breathe. If he’d contracted Coronavirus the day he’d died that would have been interpreted as the “cause” under current statistics rather than a coincidence.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

That could be two separate 'family groups' tho.

Who live in the same house's though :blink:

I think you're making too many assumptions DC. The only way you could have had some accuracy would be if we had started proper testing and tracing ten weeks ago. All we have to work on is estimates and assumptions. It would be helpful to everybody to see the results of this round of testing health workers with proper testing kits. 

Why the government have dithered and not ordered large amounts of testing equipment before last week is almost criminal and baffles me.

And by the way order fifty million more kits and protective gear.

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

All of the “results” are flawed without specific information.

We had a relative die on Christmas Day. He’d had acute lung disease for sometime and always struggled to breathe. If he’d contracted Coronavirus the day he’d died that would have been interpreted as the “cause” under current statistics rather than a coincidence.

Yesterdays results of course will be back to the 24 hours actual, so should be a truer figure for trends.

It is ridiculous that masks are not available to the general public let alone making sure our NHS staff and carers should have everything they need, but it's el cheapo government.

When I went to work in our offices in Singapore and Tokyo the induction process on the first day of the local customs and etiquette of the office included the first aid section of the stationery room. There were always several boxes of surgical masks and disposable gloves and at the slightest sign that you felt of any infection or illness you were expected to wear a mask to help protect your colleagues and then likewise they could wear a mask. But that's the discipline of those countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

Did you watch Cuomo's press conference?

Yes I did,my take is I dont trust that guy at all,he's got previous form with trump and he's a downright liar,he was caught yesterday admitting he had a stockpile of ventilators he claimed Trump had t sent,also the reason theres a shortage of masks is because obama never replenished the stockpiles used during the HN1 episode 

The media seem to be putting out puff pieces on the guy and praising him but some of his policies were the same as Trump where the latter was criticized by them yet not Cuomo,he was very slow to react,he put out a shelter in place order came 21 days after the first cases of the virus...NY looks like the next Italy

With Biden  pretty much AWOL and such a poor candidate,also with a sexual allegation currently facing him that the media are pretty quiet about maybe they'll insert Cuomo in his place somehow?

Sorry for the tangent

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1243621561455828992

Spain records 838 deaths in the last twenty four hours and they have been on a two week lock down.