British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

According to the NHS letter I got  Wednesday, i'm at risk of severe illness if I catch it. Apparently I have to stay at home for "at least" 12 weeks :blink:. Well the wife don't drive and it's a 9 mile round trip to the  nearest supermarket. I will drive her there and have to sit in the car. So it's get there  tomorrow at 5.15am for 6am opening, so the wife can get in, grab the weekly shop and get out asap I guess :unsure:

I would check the opening hours as most supermarkets are opening later and closing earlier than normal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Seeing that you don't live in Newcastle, it wasn't directed to you. :D

I know. Just a bit miffed. 12 weeks. I'd be pulling my hair out by then, that's if I had any ;)

• Haha 1

Another version on a theme.

EUSpKiDX0AInYlw?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

According to the NHS letter I got  Wednesday, i'm at risk of severe illness if I catch it. Apparently I have to stay at home for "at least" 12 weeks :blink:. Well the wife don't drive and it's a 9 mile round trip to the  nearest supermarket. I will drive her there and have to sit in the car. So it's get there  tomorrow at 5.15am for 6am opening, so the wife can get in, grab the weekly shop and get out asap I guess :unsure:

Are supermarket deliveries impossible?

Or someone else getting groceries for you?

Edited by DC2

Swindon’s had its biggest rise in daily new cases, 8.

Total now 26.

5 have died, the last two a few days ago, a woman aged 100 and a man is his 50s, both in bad health.

Diane Abbott has announced that she is to take the Coronavirus test tomorrow afternoon,and feels confident of passing after spending all day and this evening revising for it!

• Haha 3

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

New meme going round on Facebook.

"18 people died in Wolverhampton today. TODAY. Never known anything like it in my lifetime."

I wasn't popular for pointing out an average of 500 people died every day in Wolverhampton.

500 * 365 = 182,500 pa

You sure? 

15 minutes ago, Rico said:

500 * 365 = 182,500 pa

You sure? 

Yes, my bad, messed up on my maths a tad :)

did 0.32% of deaths, should have been 0.0032% of deaths!

Thanks for pointing that out!

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

:rolleyes:

A relative who had been in Spain flew to Sri Lanka for a week then to london, plenty of checks in Sri Lanka but none at all landing in London.  Her main concern is that her cat is stuck in Spain for however long as the pet courier has not been allowed to travel.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

A relative who had been in Spain flew to Sri Lanka for a week then to london, plenty of checks in Sri Lanka but none at all landing in London.  Her main concern is that her cat is stuck in Spain for however long as the pet courier has not been allowed to travel.  

That's one of the things that's surely gotta be addressed, people flying back into the UK from countries with a known outback of the virus should/must be tested on arrival.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Yes, my bad, messed up on my maths a tad :)

did 0.32% of deaths, should have been 0.0032% of deaths!

Thanks for pointing that out!

So,instead of 500 a day it is on average 5 a day, and the post going round stated 18 had died in a day. That certainly is a jump.....rocketed, you could even say, although you probably wouldn't

Looks like Brazil has decided to take a different path, safeguarding economy and jobs first. 
We don’t stop making cars because someone died on the road, says their president. Very callous , but it will be interesting to see how they get on, a kind of control for what everyone else has started.