British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

45 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Despite the Worldwide pandemic that is devastating mankind and causing frenzied calls to Cancel Christmas, BBC reports:

FEWER HOSPITAL BEDS OCCUPIED THIS YEAR THAN LAST YEAR

“The latest hospital occupancy data has been published in England. It shows in the week ending 13 December, 89% of beds were occupied, leaving 10,500 empty beds.

That means hospitals were actually busier this time last year, when 95% of beds were occupied.“

We have about 89,000 hospital beds and 18,038 have patients who have tested positive.

You missed the part of the report which said that there were 8000 fewer beds available this year.

So 95% of 97000 would have been 92150 patients in hospital

This year 89% of 89000 would be 79210 patients in hospital so there are 12940 fewer in hospital

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Do you think I've nothing better to do than trawl the internet morbidly looking for death and sickness figures?

Sorry, I thought you were debating and making a point that you could support with facts, rather than just making an incorrect assertion off the top of your head.

It took me five minutes to find and add up the ONS figures.

11 minutes ago, severnsider said:

You missed the part of the report which said that there were 8000 fewer beds available this year.

This year 89% of 89000 would be 79210 patients in hospital so there are 12940 fewer in hospital

I note that there was no mention of the empty Nightingale Hospitals either.

Edited by DC2

4 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

Interestingly, none of the MSM organisations I've been monitoring this morning has asked the Tory representative about Ellwood's antics.

They're trying to bury the story, they're all in it together.

Seen it mentioned on a couple. Maybe you’re ‘monitoring’ the wrong ones ?

Trying to re-label it though. But we have a perfume shop here that has tried to re-label itself as a Chemist to stay open. After a rubbishstorm they have decided to close

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Sorry, I thought you were debating and making a point that you could support with facts, rather than just making an incorrect assertion off the top of your head.

Bully for you. Since you seem to spend all day on the net finding facts and figures which suit your argument you know exactly where to look. I have better things to do with my time than trawl the net so it'll take me longer and frankly, I don't see the point.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Would this be the same ONS that you doubted the figures on a post I made recently.

See DC the problem is you can't use ONS figures to benefit your own Jackanory story rhetoric, then dismiss them when others use the same source.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Swindonseptet said:

Would this be the same ONS that you doubted the figures on a post I made recently.

See DC the problem is you can't use ONS figures to benefit your own Jackanory story rhetoric, then dismiss them when others use the same source.

Of course you can both use ONS figures and question them, as long as you understand them!

The point the other day was that the ONS said their deaths figures included all deaths where Covid had been mentioned on death certificates whether or not it was the underlying cause.

You then said that they had also produced figures where it was said to be the underlying cause.

Nothing wrong with either of those.

You are making a point which is not valid.

Do try to answer my points with facts rather than lies.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

79% of whitey peeps to take vaccine, as opposed to 51% BAMEies. Most of southeast and east in tier 3 now, Bucks, Beds, Berks, Herts, parts of Surrey, East Sussex, Camb, Hants. Bristol, North Zummerzet down to tier 2, Hereford down to tier 1.

My barber, with salons in Newport and Swindon, has decided to move home temporarily from Cardiff to Swindon,  with Cymru soon to be in tier 4.

9 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Bully for you. Since you seem to spend all day on the net finding facts and figures which suit your argument you know exactly where to look. I have better things to do with my time than trawl the net so it'll take me longer and frankly, I don't see the point.

That’s the difference between us then:

I like to make points based on facts that I can quote, not lies and guesswork.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Of course you can both use ONS figures and question them, as long as you understand them!

The point the other day was that the ONS said their deaths figures included all deaths where Covid had been mentioned on death certificates whether or not it was the underlying cause.

You then said that they had also produced figures where it was said to be the underlying cause.

Nothing wrong with either of those.

Where did I ever say Covid had been mentioned on death certificates whether or not it was the underlying cause.

Please don't misquote me to further your Jackanory rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, severnsider said:

What have they physically done with them?:unsure:;)

25 minutes ago, DC2 said:

That’s the difference between us then:

I like to make points based on facts that I can quote, not lies and guesswork.

Replace that with 'whatever supports my point of view' and you'll be right.

The bit after the comma - :D

• Like 3

On 12/14/2020 at 2:36 PM, Swindonseptet said:

Not according to the ONS they dont

Between 1 January and 31 August 2020, 52,327 deaths in England and Wales involved COVID-19. Out of these, 48,168 deaths were due to COVID-19: that is, COVID-19 was the underlying cause.

12 minutes ago, Swindonseptet said:

Where did I ever say Covid had been mentioned on death certificates whether or not it was the underlying cause.

Please don't misquote me to further your Jackanory rubbish.

Have a look at your first post: ”was the underlying cause”.

That denotes a figure from death certificates rather than positive tests and one where the ONS appeared to be stating that it was counting only deaths where Covid had been stated on the death certificate to be the underlying cause rather than merely mentioned.

Presumably you’re now saying that you did not appreciate those distinctions?

But, of course, that’s no reason to criticise me. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Replace that with 'whatever supports my point of view' and you'll be right.

The bit after the comma - :D

Well, I’m still waiting for you to come up with facts that support your view!  :D

You seem to have a dose of the Iris, thinking that insults can make your case better than facts!

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Well, I’m still waiting for you to come up with facts that support your view!  :D

You seem to have a dose of the Iris, thinking that insults can make your case better than facts!

As I said I seem to be right in your bonce. I use facts unlike you who has to resort to lies, deflection and going into hiding as a last resort

• Like 2