British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

6 minutes ago, screm said:

I was put down as a key worker when the first lockdown came in as I work in the food chain industry, as Covid numbers over the last few weeks have risen at my workplace I decided to be regularly tested, all negative. Then today, today of all days I find the test I took yesterday has come back positive so at the time of my test I have Covid, now there will be many on here who will poo poo this and tell me I am just another statistic but let me tell you as I sit here I am worried about what the next few days have in store. 

How do you feel?

4 minutes ago, screm said:

I was put down as a key worker when the first lockdown came in as I work in the food chain industry, as Covid numbers over the last few weeks have risen at my workplace I decided to be regularly tested, all negative. Then today, today of all days I find the test I took yesterday has come back positive so at the time of my test I have Covid, now there will be many on here who will poo poo this and tell me I am just another statistic but let me tell you as I sit here I am worried about what the next few days have in store. 

Are you feeling unwell ? If not you are probably just another false positive...

23 minutes ago, DC2 said:

How do you feel?

Currently no symptoms, I booked another test at my walk through facility this afternoon just to make sure so hopefully tomorrow I will see what's what.

26 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Are you feeling unwell ? If not you are probably just another false positive...

Fingers crossed that is true, the email from the NHS site is advising ten days isolation starting now. 

33 minutes ago, screm said:

Fingers crossed that is true, the email from the NHS site is advising ten days isolation starting now. 

False positives are very rare, false negatives more likely but some seem to still keep trotting it out.  Asymptomatic is much more common though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

How long is this 'Great Reset' likely to take?

How long does it take to unplug the cable, blow on it, count 20 Mississippi, put the cable back and press the power button???

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

False positives are very rare ...

... unless, of course, you’re trying to find people who are infectious as opposed to not infectious or were infectious weeks ago!

Meaning that the majority of positives are false!

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

False positives are very rare, false negatives more likely but some seem to still keep trotting it out.  Asymptomatic is much more common though.

Either way I am worried

6 minutes ago, screm said:

Either way I am worried

That's only natural screm.

Take care and try to stay positive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, screm said:

Either way I am worried

Buddy, fingers crossed for you. I'm guessing you're in the north, so not sure if it will be the new strain....... however, my ward manager sent an email out yesterday, saying she had been to a meeting, where they said (these are her words I'm quoting) 'The evidence so far is showing this variant is causing less severe disease however it spreads more rapidly'...... now I haven't asked for clarification, haven't spoken to her about it, but again, fingers crossed 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Buddy, fingers crossed for you. I'm guessing you're in the north, so not sure if it will be the new strain....... however, my ward manager sent an email out yesterday, saying she had been to a meeting, where they said (these are her words I'm quoting) 'The evidence so far is showing this variant is causing less severe disease however it spreads more rapidly'...... now I haven't asked for clarification, haven't spoken to her about it, but again, fingers crossed 

I`m in Berwick and currently in Tier3 which has so far escaped reasonably unscathed, frustrating thing is my workplace has had quite a few cases in the last few weeks which in just over the border in Scotland.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iris123 said:

Does this mean we will get emails from the King of Nigeria wanting money again ;)

• Haha 2