Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, dave69 said:

Went up to the hills in the snow today,absolutely rammed.Beacons had thousands apparently too.Lockdown is going well here under Drakeford.

Do you want a gold medal? I have plenty of chocolate ones I could send you.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Badge said:

 

My first thought when reading it was, how did Brits get over there? Haven't their borders been shut to visitors this year?

Yeah, my thoughts too.......... we had a nurse doing bank shifts on our ward whom stated she was in Aus earlier in year and was asked to leave because of covid.......... I have no idea how true that is, though I don't really have any reason to doubt her......... when she found out I had dual nationality I thought she was going to ask to marry me, so she could go back :rofl:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Badge said:

Might not be a bad idea to keep schools closed,,, it might give the young-uns a chance to learn how to do some chores around the house. Plus, who wants to get up early and go out in the cold and, go to school were their carrying on like nutters, with their one-way systems and staggered in and out times. Where is the routine in that?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Still some saying things are not as bad as they are.   twit tut

and who are the ones deemed guilty of breaking lockdown on the beach in Sydney - the British backpackers.  Typical brits, just like the football hooligans.

Not typical at all, some were Poms..football hooliganism happens in a lot of countries, Russians?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Badge said:

My first thought when reading it was, how did Brits get over there? Haven't their borders been shut to visitors this year?

Likely to be Brits on working holiday visas who were already there. They can stay - and I think are allowed to over-stay their visa because of COVID - but can't leave if they want to return because temporary visa holders can't enter. 

Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents can still enter Australia, subject to places being available in quarantine facilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Might not be a bad idea to keep schools closed,,, it might give the young-uns a chance to learn how to do some chores around the house. Plus, who wants to get up early and go out in the cold and, go to school were their carrying on like nutters, with their one-way systems and staggered in and out times. Where is the routine in that?

I hope they close all schools, I work as school bus driver, we have to wear masks whereas teachers/teaching assistants don't, they're stood around chatting despite social distancing warning signs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

I hope they close all schools, I work as school bus driver, we have to wear masks whereas teachers/teaching assistants don't, they're stood around chatting despite social distancing warning signs.

Would you still get paid ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Blupanther said:

Would you still get paid ?

Yes..that's why I want them closed:D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Likely to be Brits on working holiday visas who were already there. They can stay - and I think are allowed to over-stay their visa because of COVID - but can't leave if they want to return because temporary visa holders can't enter. 

Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents can still enter Australia, subject to places being available in quarantine facilities. 

My bro in Adelaide said they are only allowing think it was 6000 a week in despite 150000 Aussies wanted to return for Xmas.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Would you still get paid ?

A heard that, in aroundabout our area, during school closures and lockdown, that 'school contracts' were still being paid in full, not even a deduction for non-use of fuel or anything. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Yes..that's why I want them closed:D

Why am i not surprised ... :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A heard that, in aroundabout our area, during school closures and lockdown, that 'school contracts' were still being paid in full, not even a deduction for non-use of fuel or anything. 

Swindon Council pay the company that I work for the full amount. The money they waste on taxis, etc., Parents should make a contribution IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy