Do you have a direct link ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I'm shocked i tell you...shocked  :rolleyes:

'Nah, nah , nah, I am not listening'.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I'm shocked i tell you...shocked  :rolleyes:

A tell ye,,, that superglue on that penny is good stuff.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dave69 said:

Do you have a direct link ?

EqF4wzxWMAAprzb?format=jpg&name=large

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Crumpet80 said:

Please, is there any need to post common sense this early in the year. :D

Well non COVID patients are going to be accommodated in the Nightingale hospital  being ready for them, so maybe the people above you might have more sense than others below them. Or even interested experts writing on a forum.

8 hours ago, jrs said:

in 2010 Labour left the coffers and the country in a better position than we are now   :) (Expect you swallowed the "there's no money in the till" hook line and sinker")

We are short of good hospitals and staff. But as you know the Buffon wants Trumps friends running our hospitals.

Fortunately the rest of us and official records for 2010 will confirm that Labour left us with massive debt. More importantly an even greater deficit which needed to be urgently controlled hence the need for Austerity which Labour was going to employ if the country had been stupid enough to return them in power.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2020 at 10:45 PM, Blupanther said:

Update on brother in law....Was sent home an hour ago, results of his 2 PCR tests not back despite being told they would be done by 2pm. What a complete joke...:rolleyes:

Any news of your brother?

48 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Any news of your brother?

Was gonna ask the same.  Hopefully he's had the results by now.

My staff nurse sister has now tested positive presumably via my niece.  Their tests they can take at home were backedup  by an official one earlier.  Results for her husband and kids to follow tomorrow.

Any qualified nursing staff in the thames valley might wanna offer their services as the hourly rate they are offering due to staff shortages is absolutely insane now. 

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Any news of your brother in law ?

1 hour ago, The Doctor... said:

Was gonna ask the same.  Hopefully he's had the results by now.

My staff nurse sister has now tested positive presumably via my niece.  Their tests they can take at home were backedup  by an official one earlier.  Results for her husband and kids to follow tomorrow.

Any qualified nursing staff in the thames valley might wanna offer their services as the hourly rate they are offering due to staff shortages is absolutely insane now. 

Still no test results. He's going back on Monday for a scan on a suspected inflamed liver...

BBC reporting on an Imperial College study:

“the most chilling finding from the study, our science correspondent Pallab Ghosh points out, is that the November lockdown in England - hard though it was for many people - would not have stopped the variant form of the virus spreading.”

The November lockdown would not have stopped the virus from spreading.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Vince said:

Teaching unions asking the government to apply 'common sense' and close all schools immediately. That's a union that knows all the jobs will be there after returning to normality and whose member will presumably want paying their full salary while closed.

Meanwhile in the real world most people are desperately trying to find ways to work in order to make sure their companies survive and they can pay the mortgage. Those are the people who pay the teachers wages and will have to pay child care as well at a time when child care facilities can name their own price.

I would tend to agree that it should be all or none schools closed, unless the vaccine is territorial and remains in it's own domain/tier.

Regarding teachers, won't they still be attending, whether it be looking after key worker children or learning their new covid distanced rules?

Edited by ruffdiamond

29 minutes ago, DC2 said:

BBC reporting on an Imperial College study:

“the most chilling finding from the study, our science correspondent Pallab Ghosh points out, is that the November lockdown in England - hard though it was for many people - would not have stopped the variant form of the virus spreading.”

The November lockdown would not have stopped the virus from spreading.

Makes you wonder if it was all/is worth it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Makes you wonder if it was all/is worth it.

Been a long time since I wondered!

• Like 7

It wouldn't surprise me if the overwhelming majority of kids have already had it, they don't respect SD rules and have been back in school for a decent stretch of time now. Makes me wonder why there's been no real noise about a solid antibody test that would hopefully put the flappers' minds at ease.

• Like 3