British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Av always thought that they were mad in America. 

No, the fire thing was in Surrey...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

While you’re at it, Dave, have you also found the Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Also, why are Dr's standing around in disbelief while their meant to be busy?

11 minutes ago, chunky said:

So you continue to ignore the fact that the statement was issued by a "healthcare professional"?

Not ignoring it at all, just dismissing it because it was blatantly false information. This nonsense is the norm for the BBC these days.

5 minutes ago, Crumpet80 said:

Not ignoring it at all, just dismissing it because it was blatantly false information. This nonsense is the norm for the BBC these days.

She certainly shouldn't have spoken as if it was wider than her hospital/trust.  

As my other post referred, it's more than possible that her kids icu facilities are full, as they are reasonably small, and in a bad area.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crumpet80 said:

And you're blaming the BBC for it?

When it was also reported by other news sources, but you're not blaming them?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vince said:

Well, there's a potential nightmare right there in their advice.  If schools are officially open then you have to be there.  If as a teacher you say 'it's not safe' the school can turn around and say 'well, we're following the guidelines.'  In reality there might be the odd teacher who says they're not working but that'll be it.  If the government u-turns it'll because of the media rather than unions. 

• Like 4

Just now, The Doctor... said:

As my other post referred, it's more than possible that her kids icu facilities are full, as they are reasonably small, and in a bad area.

Exactly.

This is the problem with the BSF; people forget that not everything is as black and white as they think. There are huge variations in the number of cases, the number of deaths, usage of facilities etc from area to area.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, chunky said:

Exactly.

This is the problem with the BSF; people forget that not everything is as black and white as they think. There are huge variations in the number of cases, the number of deaths, usage of facilities etc from area to area.

Then the reporters should be reporting this and not just the doomsday scenario.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, DC2 said:

While you’re at it, Dave, have you also found the Weapons of Mass Destruction?

NO. That was 'another' liar Tony Blair. You should have known that. 

4 minutes ago, dave69 said:

Then the reporters should be reporting this and not just the doomsday scenario.

They reported it as she stated it. It's the people reading it who create the doomsday scenario.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, chunky said:

And you're blaming the BBC for it?

When it was also reported by other news sources, but you're not blaming them?

Who should i blame and where did the source of this story originate ? I presume you know the answer to that. The state of journalism these days is absolutely appalling.

57 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

She certainly shouldn't have spoken as if it was wider than her hospital/trust.  

Could not agree more, be interesting to know if she had permission to give that interview.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crumpet80 said:

So you don't condone a state funded national broadcaster spreading lies and misinformation. Why am i not surprised. Unlike you, my thoughts and opinions are based upon what i see, and from what i hear from healthcare professionals. Tell me, what is my agenda you mentioned ? 

You tell us, but why should a charge nurse constantly run down any positive news or figures about COVID and the NHS, be leaking internal documents or anything that is or would be fodder for the clan on here, who are only looking for negativity and dissing the government and the NHS.  And the clan having the nerve to blame the media and the BBC for leaking stuff. Even more stupidity, but saying that the BBC is too supportive of the government. Stupidity at it's best, especially the constant criticism there has been on here, and elsewhere, about the anti Brexit representation on Question Time on the BBC on Thursdays. Usually about 5 to 1 Remain versus Leaver and some think the BBC is too supportive of the BBC.

Nurse, Nurse they are out again. :o 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

You tell us, but why should a charge nurse constantly run down any positive news or figures about COVID and the NHS, be leaking internal documents or anything that is or would be fodder for the clan on here, who are only looking for negativity and dissing the government and the NHS.  And the clan having the nerve to blame the media and the BBC for leaking stuff. Even more stupidity, but saying that the BBC is too supportive of the government. Stupidity at it's best, especially the constant criticism there has been on here, and elsewhere, about the anti Brexit representation on Question Time on the BBC on Thursdays. Usually about 5 to 1 Remain versus Leaver and some think the BBC is too supportive of the BBC.

Nurse, Nurse they are out again. :o 

I have not leaked any internal documents, that is simply not true. Any documents or data sheets that have been posted are available to the public via a FOI request, as i stated at the time. I would advise you to reconsider before making such allegations on a public forum.

53 minutes ago, Crumpet80 said:

Who should i blame and where did the source of this story originate ? I presume you know the answer to that. The state of journalism these days is absolutely appalling.

Had you read the article, you would know! It was a matron at the hospital who made a statement to the press (not just the BBC), and it was published elsewhere.