British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Roll up, roll up, for your Johnson presser bingo cards.

Eq6GFDUWMAMRLQ9?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, iris123 said:

You don't seem to know what you said or talked about 10 minutes ago :D

2% referred to Sweden and then you mentioned black death..... and now you seem to be on about 10% and the UK

If you don't know what you are on about, how the hell am I supposed to know ?:P

What’s hard to follow?

You even quote my locations and percentages!

Maybe you’d prefer me to copy and paste articles from Expressen saying “more” or “less” rather than actually quoting numbers?  :D

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

The Swedish pixie is celebrating 

Thank you so much for all the well-wishes on my 18th birthday! Tonight you will find me down at the local pub exposing all the dark secrets behind the climate- and school strike conspiracy and my evil handlers who can no longer control me! I am free at last!!

Well she's not a child anymore, so the gloves have come off...:D

• Haha 2

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

We are all in it together...:rolleyes:

Why am I not surprised.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

They are all in it together.

Eq6JOk7XEAAXX6T?format=jpg&name=medium

Jump to 2030,

We here at the NHS totally rely on charity and public donations. 

Please put any unwanted money,clean clothing, jewellery, old phones, techy stuff or old bric-a-brac in the bag provided (for 10p).

Your collection day is Tues.

PCR scamdemic...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Vince said:

It seems to have become a matter of fact on here that if you don't think lockdowns and restrictions are te answer you don't believe covid is a real thing and do believe it is all a conspiracy so I thought I'd make my own position clear. It's unlikely anybody would agree with all my views and some will agree with none of them but that's fine, I'm no expert on the subject.

Do I believe Covid is a real virus? Yes very much so, it is a horrible virus that kills people. However I also believe that it almost exclusively kills very easily identifiable sections of society and therefore solutions that apply to all aren't going to be the answer. I say almost exclusively because like any fatal disease there will be a number of cases that fall outside the normal.

Do I believe that any government reaction should be based upon Professor Fergusons worst case scenario models? Not in a million years, I do understand that much of what we see in the press is not a fair representation of all that he says but government acted on his worst case model and they have been proven many times to be wildly pessimistic.

Do I think the government are telling the truth? No I think they are telling a version of events using statistics carefully chosen to justify their actions rather than reacting to the real figures. There will always be some truth to their version but equally there will always be some truth to the version of those opposing their views. Usually the truth will be somewhere between just like always.

Do I think lockdowns work? No, I think it is pretty clear that they are not controlling the virus, never have and never will. The time of year has far more effect than anything the government has done or will do. On the other hand when it comes to everything that isn't covid lockdowns and restrictions have been a disaster. Hundreds of thousands will die in years to come because of delayed diagnosis, even more will have their lives destroyed by unemployment, poverty and homelessness and an entire generation of kids will not understand freedom of choice or that they are responsible for their own actions.

Have I been taken in by things posted on here and elsewhere that haven't been true? Yes without a doubt, I'd like to think that I have usually realised afterwards but there will undoubtedly be some that have slipped past me. I'm pretty sure that will apply to both sides of the argument but like EVERYBODY else I am more inclined to believe things that fit with the views I already hold.

What do I think should be done going forward? I would make sure that everybody who is most vulnerable is identified and made aware of the fact. Then I would help those who chose to isolate and those who care for them to do so with every possible facility, including full furlough until returning to work is safe. Everybody else would be allowed to carry on as normal but I would encourage hand washing and social distancing. PCR testing would be used at the recommended cycle rate for all front line workers until the vaccination program is established and proven to work. And that would be it, trying to control a virus is far too Canute like for my way of thinking.

thing is human beings are social animals and we cant keep 6 ft away  from each other for much longer. its total madness and not only that it means speedway and all motorsports are f...ked. its too much  to put up  with..lol

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

listen to this twit on tv.  jab and go, shove it up youre fat arse

Edited by villageidiot
spelling
  • Haha 2

Well, I feel so inconvenienced and distressed, but,,, at least I can turn my alarm off,,, every cloud n that!!!

2021 : The Chinese year of the sheep.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Vince said:

It seems to have become a matter of fact on here that if you don't think lockdowns and restrictions are te answer you don't believe covid is a real thing and do believe it is all a conspiracy so I thought I'd make my own position clear. It's unlikely anybody would agree with all my views and some will agree with none of them but that's fine, I'm no expert on the subject.

Do I believe Covid is a real virus? Yes very much so, it is a horrible virus that kills people. However I also believe that it almost exclusively kills very easily identifiable sections of society and therefore solutions that apply to all aren't going to be the answer. I say almost exclusively because like any fatal disease there will be a number of cases that fall outside the normal.

Do I believe that any government reaction should be based upon Professor Fergusons worst case scenario models? Not in a million years, I do understand that much of what we see in the press is not a fair representation of all that he says but government acted on his worst case model and they have been proven many times to be wildly pessimistic.

Do I think the government are telling the truth? No I think they are telling a version of events using statistics carefully chosen to justify their actions rather than reacting to the real figures. There will always be some truth to their version but equally there will always be some truth to the version of those opposing their views. Usually the truth will be somewhere between just like always.

Do I think lockdowns work? No, I think it is pretty clear that they are not controlling the virus, never have and never will. The time of year has far more effect than anything the government has done or will do. On the other hand when it comes to everything that isn't covid lockdowns and restrictions have been a disaster. Hundreds of thousands will die in years to come because of delayed diagnosis, even more will have their lives destroyed by unemployment, poverty and homelessness and an entire generation of kids will not understand freedom of choice or that they are responsible for their own actions.

Have I been taken in by things posted on here and elsewhere that haven't been true? Yes without a doubt, I'd like to think that I have usually realised afterwards but there will undoubtedly be some that have slipped past me. I'm pretty sure that will apply to both sides of the argument but like EVERYBODY else I am more inclined to believe things that fit with the views I already hold.

What do I think should be done going forward? I would make sure that everybody who is most vulnerable is identified and made aware of the fact. Then I would help those who chose to isolate and those who care for them to do so with every possible facility, including full furlough until returning to work is safe. Everybody else would be allowed to carry on as normal but I would encourage hand washing and social distancing. PCR testing would be used at the recommended cycle rate for all front line workers until the vaccination program is established and proven to work. And that would be it, trying to control a virus is far too Canute like for my way of thinking.

I don't think I could express my feelings much better than this. Spot on

• Like 2