British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

12 minutes ago, Shrub said:

I agree with you in that you and many on here believe in it, the government does, many but certainly not all medics believe in it, the EU believe in it but where is the evidence anywhere in Europe to show that it has worked?

The COVID-19 pandemic in Estonia is part of the ongoing worldwide pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The virus was confirmed to have spread to Estonia when the first case was confirmed in Tallinn on 27 February 2020. By 11 March, 15 people in Estonia had been diagnosed with the virus. All of them had been infected outside the country, mostly in Northern Italy.On 12 March, the first cases of locally transmitted infections emerged, and on 13 March, the Estonian government declared a state of emergency until 1 May 2020. As a result, all schools and universities were closed, and all public gatherings banned, including sports and cultural events.[6]

As of 5 January 2021, the total number of confirmed cases in the country was 29,950, of which 20,507 had recovered and 257 had died.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

A see the new Dettol advert claims to kill 99.9% of bacteria and cold and flu viruses,,, no mention of covid/coronavirus, strange.

Edited by ruffdiamond

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A see the new Dettol advert claims to kill 99.9% of bacteria and cold and flu viruses,,, no mention of covid/coronavirus, strange.

You can't kill something that doesn't exist...;)

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I’m still waiting to find out how many hospitals have ICU/ventilator facilities.

I’m gonna play Spot The Answer now, got bored of the other game:P

Surely the NHS would know that?

They’re just not telling us.

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

A was thinking it might be the same thing, but they've just give it a fancy name.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, iris123 said:

The COVID-19 pandemic in Estonia is part of the ongoing worldwide pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The virus was confirmed to have spread to Estonia when the first case was confirmed in Tallinn on 27 February 2020. By 11 March, 15 people in Estonia had been diagnosed with the virus. All of them had been infected outside the country, mostly in Northern Italy.On 12 March, the first cases of locally transmitted infections emerged, and on 13 March, the Estonian government declared a state of emergency until 1 May 2020. As a result, all schools and universities were closed, and all public gatherings banned, including sports and cultural events.[6]

As of 5 January 2021, the total number of confirmed cases in the country was 29,950, of which 20,507 had recovered and 257 had died.

Almost certainly due to the virus not taking hold in big numbers from the outset, due both to few carriers arriving and the action taken.

Once it takes hold - 6 million cases in the UK by April? - lockdowns, which only partially limit contact and actually increase it within the family environment, are a waste of time.  

The disease is established and it’s not going away.  Just like flu.

NZ and Australia were undoubtedly similar to Estonia.

Edited by DC2

Are NZ and Australia planning to abandon all tourism ?

If so , the economic hit will claim “ victims” However assuming their Health systems have carried on treating non Covid issues in the usual manner, excess deaths should be much less than we have cultivated. 
Interestingly STILL no suicide figures from the ONS.....I wonder why ?

1 minute ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Are NZ and Australia planning to abandon all tourism ?

If so , the economic hit will claim “ victims” However assuming their Health systems have carried on treating non Covid issues in the usual manner, excess deaths should be much less than we have cultivated. 
Interestingly STILL no suicide figures from the ONS.....I wonder why ?

Yes, as soon as they open their borders Covid will come in, just like flu.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes, as soon as they open their borders Covid will come in, just like flu.

They have had tough restrictions for ages..... not just letting people arrive and go about their business like most countries

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnn.com/travel/amp/new-zealand-travel-covid-19/index.html

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Thanks for that, always happy to be proved wrong! Looking at their graphs I see that cases have been rising sharply lately and they brought in additional restrictions on Nov 24th. 257 is a small number though that's from a population of 1.3m and only 12% of them are over 60, compared to 23% here. Could that help explain their figures?

1 minute ago, Shrub said:

Thanks for that, always happy to be proved wrong! Looking at their graphs I see that cases have been rising sharply lately and they brought in additional restrictions on Nov 24th. 257 is a small number though that's from a population of 1.3m and only 12% of them are over 60, compared to 23% here. Could that help explain their figures?

I am sure that is part of it. As I said yesterday with my link on excess mortality in Germany, most Western European countries have an ageing population. Countries that don’t fall into that category have a distinct advantage. As do countries that act quickly  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Yep.

Spot the facts, figures and quotes in Tsunami’s post.  :P

Yep. I'd rather concentrate on talking common sense rather than your fixation on collaborating statistics which agree or lean to your agenda. Others piling in to support you makes it look they they might even be true. Say the statistics say that all ICU beds are 82% occupied, you and your lot would say, no urgency and false figures to make the situation worse than it is.

It could be that 50% of the beds could be scattered around hospitals with say 50% occupation, but in London and South East they could be 95 - 100% occupied, which is an entirely different situation with greater implications. A lot of statistics need qualifying to understand what is really happening. 

Unlike you, I don't take statistics to be gospel, especially as there are enough rouge Doctors and Journalists around to spread their own poison. 

16 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I am sure that is part of it. As I said yesterday with my link on excess mortality in Germany, most Western European countries have an ageing population. Countries that don’t fall into that category have a distinct advantage. As do countries that act quickly  

I agree with that to a point.

However events in South America points to the futility of restrictions. Deaths in Brazil vs. Peru and Argentina are not easily explained, unless the virus does what it does regardless of nonsense by humans. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

You need certifying for that crass statement. A world wide pandemic killing millions in the world, and every government trying keep their societies safe and you spout such rubbish. :nono:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yep. I'd rather concentrate on talking common sense rather than your fixation on collaborating statistics which agree or lean to your agenda. Others piling in to support you makes it look they they might even be true. Say the statistics say that all ICU beds are 82% occupied, you and your lot would say, no urgency and false figures to make the situation worse than it is.

It could be that 50% of the beds could be scattered around hospitals with say 50% occupation, but in London and South East they could be 95 - 100% occupied, which is an entirely different situation with greater implications. A lot of statistics need qualifying to understand what is really happening. 

Unlike you, I don't take statistics to be gospel, especially as there are enough rouge Doctors and Journalists around to spread their own poison. 

You’re stating the obvious.

And indeed making the point we make.

It’s you that gets worked up with the 95% figure and ignores the overall one at 82%.