Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

We’re there “thousands more nurses” available to be recruited in June?

If there wasn’t, would that mean Nightingales probably couldn’t be staffed.?

The Nightingales were a propaganda publicity stunt from a government trying to install fear on the population. 

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Explain how ?

People who were suggesting this technology was in the making a few years ago, had video's and posts removed, along with the 'fact checkers' claiming it was not true...

Share this post


Link to post

Just listening to BBC News and the further limitations of the vaccines, including “you might still carry and spread the virus”.

So much for a “vaccine passport” allowing us to travel abroad!  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

People who were suggesting this technology was in the making a few years ago, had video's and posts removed, along with the 'fact checkers' claiming it was not true...

Never heard about it and quite honestly there is nothing sinister or indeed nothing to keep secret about something you have for 24 hours to monitor how the vaccine or body reacts. I had to wear a monitor for blood pressure for 24 hours once

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Just wondering how effective the AstraZeneca vaccine is for over 55s after this comment about their trial which

“included only five cases of symptomatic COVID-19 in participants older than 55 years—too few to assess vaccine effectiveness in this group, coauthor Merryn Voysey, DPhil, of the University of Oxford, said in a Lancet press release.”

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/12/phase-3-trials-show-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-has-90-efficacy

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

It is a problem and of course there has been a few such cases in the past I seem to recall. Weren’t they saying you should exercise within walking distance rather than drive to an area ? Seems like they were waiting at a well known spot for people like this

I know we had police waiting at State borders to turn people back and they are introducing a 15km travel radius if you live in a hot spot here. Did look at a website to find out where my radius would be, out of interest

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

It is a problem and of course there has been a few such cases in the past I seem to recall. Weren’t they saying you should exercise within walking distance rather than drive to an area ? Seems like they were waiting at a well known spot for people like this

I know we had police waiting at State borders to turn people back and they are introducing a 15km travel radius if you live in a hot spot here. Did look at a website to find out where my radius would be, out of interest

I don't think driving 5 miles is unreasonable, especially if you live in an area that's more crowded. Obviously you don't want loads of people turning up at places like this but it just needs some common sense. Appears as though they were the only ones there so maybe just leave them to it, or simply have a quick word and suggest that next time they exercise somewhere a bit closer to home/go elsewhere if it's busier.

This is the same police force who released the drone footage of people walking in the first lockdown so perhaps they need to just be a bit more sensible. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

I don't think driving 5 miles is unreasonable, especially if you live in an area that's more crowded. Obviously you don't want loads of people turning up at places like this but it just needs some common sense. Appears as though they were the only ones there so maybe just leave them to it, or simply have a quick word and suggest that next time they exercise somewhere a bit closer to home/go elsewhere if it's busier.

This is the same police force who released the drone footage of people walking in the first lockdown so perhaps they need to just be a bit more sensible. 

I agree common sense should be used and often isn’t. What we don’t know I guess if more people were fined and didn’t go to the press or others were just warned off etc

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Just listening to BBC News and the further limitations of the vaccines, including “you might still carry and spread the virus”.

So much for a “vaccine passport” allowing us to travel abroad!  :rolleyes:

Bozo  off message then about vaccines setting us free?

To be honest  the comment is  correct..to an extent, we dont know  if  the  vaccine protects  you  or  prevents transmission, quite  how  it  might "protect"  against any  further  mutations, well, answers  on the  back of  a fag packet to number  10. 

As for asymptomatic  spread??  We  have heard that howler  often enough, a bit  like asymptomatic  dynamite.....an urban myth....

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

I don't think driving 5 miles is unreasonable, especially if you live in an area that's more crowded. Obviously you don't want loads of people turning up at places like this but it just needs some common sense. Appears as though they were the only ones there so maybe just leave them to it, or simply have a quick word and suggest that next time they exercise somewhere a bit closer to home/go elsewhere if it's busier.

This is the same police force who released the drone footage of people walking in the first lockdown so perhaps they need to just be a bit more sensible. 

Some advice for those that may be affected...  Driving somewhere to exercise is allowed under the regulations if you are disabled or have health conditions that prevent you from walking to a suitable place...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Some advice for those that may be affected...  Driving somewhere to exercise is allowed under the regulations if you are disabled or have health conditions that prevent you from walking to a suitable place...

Trouble is it's another example whereby the guidelines are somewhat confusing and open to interpretation...agreed that common sense should be the remit unfortunately some people seem devoid of such self administration like those who ventured to Snowdonia during the Tier system prior to the latest Lockdown.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

Entirely their own fault, they should have had the sense to nick a couple of off road motorcycles to take to the park. That would ensure the police turned a blind eye to it

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England  717    54447

Scotland    93  (4872)

Wales  56   (3857)

NI  20   (1434)

Total   886  - last Friday  420

Edited by racers and royals
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy