British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Of course I can tell the difference between opinion and fact.

You sound like a ranting lunatic.  :D

Nearly every single response i get from the left is structured in the same way - obscenities, political venom, hate speech, non sequitur's and no indication of any intelligence...:)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

Nearly every single response i get from the left is structured in the same way - obscenities, political venom, hate speech, non sequitur's and no indication of any intelligence...:)

Spot on.

I’m quite happy to debate with Chris4gillian but he never produces evidence to support his points.

He pops up now and again, has a rant and disappears.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Whitty has stated a number of times on the press conferences that ongoing vaccines are highly likely but the frequency is a completely unknown at present.  So do go on with your 'it's going to be annual 'cos I know it is'.  For the last time that is just your opinion or best guess.  It may be correct it may not.  At the current time it is 100% not a fact.

You really cannot tell the difference between opinion and fact can you...

Here’s your starter for a rational debate:

“BRITS are "highly likely" to need a Covid vaccination every year for the foreseeable future, Matt Hancock warned today.  The Health Secretary said the UK could require a dual vaccination programme with yearly jabs to protect against both flu and coronavirus.”  The Sun.

Have any experts disputed this, Chris?

The BMJ highlights the problems with the quick lateral flow tests:

“Covid-19: government must urgently rethink lateral flow test roll out

January 12, 2021

Plans to widen roll out risk serious harm

No one questions the need for evidence based approaches to covid 19 treatments and vaccines. Why then is this principle ignored for testing? The UK government is widening the roll out of the Innova lateral flow test without supporting evidence, and we understand that this may soon extend to further home use. This may cause serious harm. We call on the government urgently to change course.”

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Here’s your starter for a rational debate:

“BRITS are "highly likely" to need a Covid vaccination every year for the foreseeable future, Matt Hancock warned today.  The Health Secretary said the UK could require a dual vaccination programme with yearly jabs to protect against both flu and coronavirus.”  The Sun.

Have any experts disputed this, Chris?

Thought that was a major possibility from the beginning, which is why the need to get organised giving the vaccine is imperative, or the second lot of vaccination to protect us next winter will be needed before everyone has the initial two jabs

We have known for nearly a year that we would have to vaccinate everyone, but we only getting organised now to do it

Did we have to wait until we had the vaccine to organise where it would be given and by who?

Or could that have been organised months ago, so that we could get off to a flying start?

i am also fed up with hearing how far in front of the rest of Europe we are, why is that important to us, and we certainly are far behind what Israel is doing

• Like 2

The Government stay at home message does not apply to anglers...

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Or cases increase because Covid is in season and lockdowns, which have only partial restrictions, can’t stop it, even if observed to the letter.

Did the lockdown cause cases and deaths to fall in May or was it merely the end of the Covid season?

Happy for you to refer to any studies, rather than your own opinion, showing delinquency.

Well I asked about the guy from Newcastle first....what was his study or was it just an opinion ? It could well be some guy has an opinion and someone else from the WHO has an opinion. It was just that you liked the guy on TV's opinion, so thought it was good. I was just showing there are other opinions. And if people were ging by the rules there wouldn't be a need to get tougher like the supermarkets, police are......

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

Well I asked about the guy from Newcastle first....what was his study or was it just an opinion ? It could well be some guy has an opinion and someone else from the WHO has an opinion. It was just that you liked the guy on TV's opinion, so thought it was good. I was just showing there are other opinions. And if people were ging by the rules there wouldn't be a need to get tougher like the supermarkets, police are......

Even if everyone followed the current lockdown rules to the letter the virus would spread (IMHO).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Thought that was a major possibility from the beginning, which is why the need to get organised giving the vaccine is imperative, or the second lot of vaccination to protect us next winter will be needed before everyone has the initial two jabs

We have known for nearly a year that we would have to vaccinate everyone, but we only getting organised now to do it

Did we have to wait until we had the vaccine to organise where it would be given and by who?

Or could that have been organised months ago, so that we could get off to a flying start?

i am also fed up with hearing how far in front of the rest of Europe we are, why is that important to us, and we certainly are far behind what Israel is doing

The organisation is pretty poor. The thing with two jabs a few weeks apart moving to giving lots of people one jab and then another sometime in the future. Even in Sweden they seem to have some areas giving the two jabs and others giving one and then a promise of the second when they get more supplies....

Update: Seems Tegnell has now stepped in with advice to stop the confusion

Directives: Do not save vaccines

Anders Tegnell also commented on the vaccination figures that earlier today showed that about 80,000 people have been vaccinated so far. At the same time, about half of all doses have been saved to give already vaccinated people their second dose. 

Since a couple of days ago, however, the Public Health Agency has changed its recommendations and now wants the regions not to save vaccine doses.

- We are now clear that the regions should use as many doses as possible and trust that the deliveries will come as they should.

Now here we are having the discussion last night about the people who have had their jab having more freedom than those that haven't. But then there is the problem that they can still infect others, but only not as much as someone who has the full blown virus, and others who are asymptomatic maybe somewhere in between...and those who have had the jab will be ok for 8 months, but it was said last night those who have had the virus but recovered might only be ok for 3 or 4 months etc....oh dear

Edited by iris123

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Even if everyone followed the current lockdown rules to the letter the virus would spread (IMHO).

Well that isn't worth diddly to me....:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I got tested yesterday after coughing a bit over the weekend and I'm positive. 10 days stuck in the house now. Luckily I'm fairly fit and not overweight but if I'm not posting in a few days you know covids a bugger. I keep away from people and also at work so no idea how I got it. Tesco I'm guessing

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

From that article:

“we have no idea how many of the deaths attributed to Covid-19 really were due to the disease.

And we have no idea how many of the excess deaths were really due to Covid-19 or to the effects of lockdown.

Officials should be releasing, as a matter of urgency, detailed information on the surge in deaths, both apparent Covid and non-Covid — particularly in care homes.

How many are dying of Covid acquired in hospitals?

Data presumably exists on this too, but is not released.”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Well that isn't worth diddly to me....:rolleyes:

Surprised that an enquiring mind like yours doesn’t even acknowledge that as a point worth consideration.

But, I guess, once the blinkers are on, they’re on.  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

The BBC’s mixed messages on the 2020 deaths figure.

Compare the first sentence with the last one:

“The Covid pandemic has caused excess deaths to rise to their highest level since World War Two.

There were close to 697,000 deaths in the UK - nearly 91,000 more than the average in the previous five years.

This represents an increase of 15% - making it the largest rise in excess deaths for more than 75 years.

When the age and size of the population is taken into account 2020 saw the worst overall death rates since the mid 2000s.”

Why is it a mixed message ? When you compare the first sentence with the last one aren't they two different things ? Excess deaths and overall deaths ;)