British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

12 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Oh dear...another politician! Think I've had my fill with them I'm afraid.

You and millions more i suspect. Angling is taking a big hit on social media today Steve, golfers have been going nuclear...:D

NHS deaths from/of/linked to covid by age...

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

Again, just your opinion.  So glad you actually say so....for once!

The UK has managed to bring cases and deaths down dramatically twice already by people following lockdowns, if everyone followed the current rules the same would happen.....eventually.  Things may need tightening a little though before that happens at any pace.  Xmas day had a huge influence on the current extremely bad situation we find the country in.  That's all fact, not opinion.

OK, Chris, as amusing as your irrelevant waffle has been today, let’s indulge you and put you to the test.

You say “Xmas day had a huge influence” and that’s “fact, not opinion”.

Give us proof of that “fact”.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Barney Rabbit said:

Do you honestly think that the pandemic abroad isn't being monitored by the government and their chosen panel of experts and developments in countries not following the lockdown procedure are just ignored and not discussed?

Practically no one else is doing anything other than the hopeless, half-hearted lockdowns.

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Practically no one else is doing anything other than the hopeless, half-hearted lockdowns.

Which could suggest that the majority of experts worldwide think it’s the best plan. 

Ever thought of that? Or is your mind completely made up?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

But do you believe that other options haven't been looked at or discussed?

ImageImage

:D

Admissions were beginning to fall before lockdown 3 ...

2 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Which could suggest that the majority of experts worldwide think it’s the best plan. 

Ever thought of that? Or is your mind completely made up?

I’ve said before what I think.

Lockdowns were a knee jerk reaction after China and Italy did them and very few countries wanted to risk the criticism of being out of step.

Just look at the mud thrown at Sweden and Brazil despite the fact that their results aren’t massively different from the lockdown countries.

It would be a very brave politician and chief scientific officer indeed who now admitted they were wrong and wanted to try something that they had previously completely dismissed and derided.

For a start they’d be accused of being responsible for thousands of unnecessary deaths!

Edited by DC2
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Barney Rabbit said:

But do you believe that other options haven't been looked at or discussed?

Correct. And there has been no national debate between lockdowns and quarantine.

Does anyone remember the televised special debates about those alternatives?  No.  They don’t exist.

If you can find one on iPlayer, post it.

I’ve heard Boris mention the quarantine option once and his sole reason for rejecting it was because we have “too many extended families living together”!

Really!

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

You and millions more i suspect. Angling is taking a big hit on social media today Steve, golfers have been going nuclear...:D

I can not understand why one can't play golf...doesn't make sense.

• Thanks 4

On 11/2/2020 at 5:11 PM, DC2 said:

Here’s your initial response:

“Proper protection for the vulnerable, absolutely.

But, open society to everyone else?  Great, the strong survive and those with weak immune systems and other health issues don't :t:  Cases and deaths will just keep on rising just as they are today.  Try again.”

So, if we remove the third sentence as those people are covered by the vulnerable group, we’re left with:

“But, open society to everyone else? Cases and deaths will just keep on rising just as they are today”

Yes, Cases would continue to rise in the healthy population but they would not result in the same rising deaths because Covid kills very few non-vulnerable people.

In short, while rising cases in the healthy population might have some negative impacts, such as “Long Covid” and long term lung and heart damage, for a small proportion of people, it would have the positive benefits of increasing numbers of people with anti-bodies, possibly to the point of herd immunity, and a near-normal economy and society.

Do you agree?

6 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

I've not been away...do you not read posts other than your own???

Found any of your November and December posts yet, Chris?  :D

Just in case you’ve forgotten why you disappeared for two months, here’s my post from 2 November that still needs an answer!

47 minutes ago, DC2 said:

That may be true in Europe, though the Swiss have been more lax, but of interest perhaps is the policy in Florida. Rich Di Santos has resisted pressure for state wide lockdown and compulsory masking, preferring instead to try to shield the elderly, though letting them make choices for themselves. There is an older than average demographic in the state where many go for retirement and better weather. 
Interestingly deaths there are slightly better, and no worse than lockdown crazy California. Weather is pretty similar in both States, though Fla. wetter and more humid...but I would suggest the Republican governor has done well and even let some folk into sporting events. No chance of that in the Golden State....

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Badge said:

So Patel has gone on record to say that the guidelines are "very simple and clear"...if only it were true. Another politician out of touch with popular belief.

• Like 4