British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

2 minutes ago, MattK said:

A total of 43,548 participants underwent randomization, of whom 43,448 received injections: 21,720 with BNT162b2 and 21,728 with placebo. There were 8 cases of Covid-19 with onset at least 7 days after the second dose among participants assigned to receive BNT162b2 and 162 cases among those assigned to placebo; BNT162b2 (commonly known as the Pfizer–BioNTech vaccine) was 95% effective in preventing Covid-19 (95% credible interval, 90.3 to 97.6).

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577

Exactly, that’s as we were originally told.

But the message changed!

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Exactly, that’s as we were originally told.

But the message changed!

What message?

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

But they do trap virons contained in mucus, thereby reducing the amount emitted and transmitted from a symptomatic carrier.

Transmission may though still occur if you spend sufficient time in an enclosed environment with one or more carriers, even if they wear masks, because some virons will escape from them and also appear to hang in the air from their exhaled breath due to aerosol transmission.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

So with these “impenetrable layers” how do you breathe, Vincent?

If air can be inhaled and exhaled, do you not realise that virons can be too?

Anything for an argument, eh?

I never stated they were 'inpenetrable layers' but that each layer is a further barrier to negotiate thereby lessening the amount that gets through and guess what, you agree with me in your answer to Blu's post.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

I never stated they were 'inpenetrable layers' but that each layer is a further barrier to negotiate thereby lessening the amount that gets through and guess what, you agree with me in your answer to Blu's post.

Argument?

Just making the point that you laying it on thick about layers misses the point that transmission will still occur.

9 minutes ago, MattK said:

What message?

The fact that the trial results were heralded as “preventing you from getting the disease” but that vaccine roll out came with “preventing you getting the worst effects of the disease”.

The official view now is that once vaccinated you may still get the virus, you may still suffer some symptoms and you may still pass it on but you should not get the worst symptoms or die, at least in 90% or 95% of cases.

The latest from Sweden on the subject :D

"In June, July, people will start traveling"

Björn Olsen, professor of infectious diseases at Uppsala University, also believes that we can return to a somewhat more normal life in 2021. Being able to travel abroad is not something he excludes.

- It can probably be realistic, I think. It's very difficult with that type of orb, but I would probably think that in June, July, people will start traveling, I think so.

Events such as concerts and other events with a lot of people are not an impossible thought either.

- Yes, I think you will probably do that, at least as long as it is outdoors. Then you will probably be very careful about sending people into cramped spaces again. I think you will stay away from that as far as possible. It's all about what the infection curves look like and what it looks like in a couple of months.

Professor: The vaccine must be effective first

According to Matti Sällberg, professor of laboratory medicine at Karolinska Institutet, however, you first need to get enough people vaccinated, and then the vaccination must give the desired effect.

- Raising restrictions is very difficult before we really know how good the vaccine is. Now that they are used on a large scale and outside of clinical trials. And maybe we will know that in the summer.

Matti Sällberg therefore believes in gradual easing of restrictions and that a life that is truly reminiscent of the normal will only become relevant a little later,

Despite the fact that many of the country's older people have already started getting vaccines, those who long to meet and hug their older relatives should still be patient.

- The vaccines are not one hundred percent. They provide 90 to 95% protection at best, but despite the high efficiency, I think it is good to be careful and wait for the Swedish Public Health Agency's recommendations for dealing with at-risk groups who have been vaccinated. While waiting for that, I think you should continue to be careful to be careful and keep your distance. Of course, you should not visit any elderly people who have been vaccinated if you yourself have symptoms, for example.

"Mentally very important for us"

And even if the restrictions ease, the pandemic will not be over in the first place, says Björn Olsen.

- We have had this pandemic for a year and there are almost no pandemics that last for a year only. Without them holding on and gnawing. They must be properly infected or vaccinated before they can be overcome.

How long the vaccine is effective is also currently unclear. New studies show eight months of immunity. It is therefore likely that you will have to be vaccinated several times in the next few years.

- You will have to do this for a while. But even if the vaccine does not change everything completely, I still think that mentally it will be very important for us, says Björn Olsen. 

Therefore, you do not have to worry about corona vaccine

That whole post read swimmingly, until the final sentence which came out of no where!

20 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Argument?

Just making the point that you laying it on thick about layers misses the point that transmission will still occur.

That'd stand up if I'd posted that transmission doesn't occur but I actually posted

'I've just had a look at my four facemasks. Three are two ply and the fourth is three ply at least. So, when projected forward, it has to get through one layer, look around for the nearest hole in the second layer (and yet another hole in the third layer of my other mask) before it can escape. Surely by then it can't travel far at all'.

thereby agreeing that some will get through but with less effect.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 3

Actually here Bavaria are bringing in the rule that you are no longer allowed to wear anything less than an FFP2 mask when shopping etc

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

So with these “impenetrable layers” how do you breathe, Vincent?

If air can be inhaled and exhaled, do you not realise that virons can be too?

exactly but people still think theyre protecting others from this  deadly virus and the goverment say a "face covering" which could be anything to protect you from this killer virus.  how gullible  are most people? lol

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

That'd stand up if I'd posted that transmission doesn't occur but I actually posted

'I've just had a look at my four facemasks. Three are two ply and the fourth is three ply at least. So, when projected forward, it has to get through one layer, look around for the nearest hole in the second layer (and yet another hole in the third layer of my other mask) before it can escape. Surely by then it can't travel far at all'.

thereby agreeing that some will get through but with less effect.

But the point is they may not have to “travel” at all.

Any exhaled breath can hang in the air and cause aerosol transmission.

43 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Microbial viruses don't have to negotiate anything, they just go straight through permeable masks as if they are not even there...

• Like 2

"Johnson hails signs lockdown IS working"!

47 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The fact that the trial results were heralded as “preventing you from getting the disease” but that vaccine roll out came with “preventing you getting the worst effects of the disease”.

The official view now is that once vaccinated you may still get the virus, you may still suffer some symptoms and you may still pass it on but you should not get the worst symptoms or die, at least in 90% or 95% of cases.

Do you have a source for that "official view"?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

But the point is they may not have to “travel” at all.

Any exhaled breath can hang in the air and cause aerosol transmission.

So, if it's a windy day, is it better or worse?