British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

45 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Which was your argument for supporting masks in the early days about March/April. Fenway's tried to educate yourself but, as usual, you didn't take his hint. Eventually you are now showing signs of being anti masks, which just shows you have an opinion for each occasion. Try spinning a coin next time. 

I’ve been 100% consistent on masks.

Unlike your beloved SAGE!

Remember when I was saying they should be used and would come but SAGE were dillying and dallying?

And then, lo and behold, a month later they agreed with me.  :P

When I express reservations now it’s just as I’ve always said, they are helpful but they are not protection.

You viewed them as protection at hairdressers’ appointments and I pointed out that you were wrong.

Edited by DC2

So, until I get the vaccination I must stay at home in case I get infected with the virus.

After I have had the jab, I must stay at home as I might get infected and pass it on?

Edited by Gambo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

It’s that same humanity that is concerned for those same humans, parents, children and friends who are being harmed by lockdown.

The business failures, unemployed, the cancer and heart disease being missed and neglected. The domestic violence, suicides and mental health crisis ignored by the cult of Covid. Tens of thousands of people will die, suffer and have their lives blighted by these repeated lockdowns, reducing economic and educational opportunities for a generation. 
These lives absolutely matter, but do not get the same media and political attention that they deserve. 
Government caused societal carnage and early deaths are coming, and soon. 

Yeah, the strategy is working. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

So, until I get the vaccination I must stay at home in case I get infected the virus.

After I have had the jab, I must stay at home as I might get infected and pass it on?

Bingo.

44 minutes ago, June01 said:

Not really. Whether they died with covid, we are certainly seeing a rise in deaths due to it  - whether that be because covid has killed them, exacerbated an existing condition, or because the person hasn't received treatment for something entirely unrelated, it's still the pandemic that is the overall reason so many people are dying.

What is more concerning is the total lack of humanity being shown on this thread. These "statistics" are people - humans - parents, children, grandparents, friends... What is wrong with some of you?

If you don’t see the value of statistics you’ll never know how many people are dying, how bad the disease is, which people are most vulnerable, which measures are most effective, how many cases there are, which treatments work best, how many people have had the disease, how many have been vaccinated, how many are in hospital, which hospitals are busiest, how many ventilators we have, how much PPE is available ........

The list is endless.

• Like 1

As an aside, now vets would seemingly be declared non essential. All forum members with pets are in a predicament. My step daughter is a vet and is being furloughed. Thanks Boris and conservative m p’s who are real tossers. I  just had my dog go through a  MRI etc as a result of a simple injury and had it not been for the vets he would not be with us. If I meet any M P from this government I will happily put them out of their misery. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So, until I get the vaccination I must stay at home in case I get infected with the virus.

That’s what  Whitty and Vallance have said, so it must be followed, Boris is not on message yet....the twit thinks the vaccine sets us free!

FFS!!  I see that kidneys are being wasted and not transplanted in N. Ireland, “ because of Covid” as there is no theatre space.

Whats the point signing up as a donor with this madness going on !

Edited by Fenway Bleachers
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

As an aside, now vets would seemingly be declared non essential. All forum members with pets are in a predicament. My step daughter is a vet and is being furloughed. Thanks Boris and conservative m p’s who are real tossers. I  just had my dog go through a  MRI etc as a result of a simple injury and had it not been for the vets he would not be with us. If I meet any M P from this government I will happily put them out of their misery. 

From the British Veterinary association

England - national lockdown 

On 4 January the Prime Minister announced a new national lockdown for England. Veterinary practices can remain open but BVA and the RCVS agreed that vets should only be undertaking work and seeing patients in-person for essential animal health and welfare reasons or to maintain the food chain.

Veterinary teams should refer to the new BVA guidance which complements the RCVS flowchart for England.

Your argument is with the veterinary practice NOT the government. 

8 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

On 4 January the Prime Minister announced a new national lockdown for England. Veterinary practices can remain open but BVA and the RCVS agreed that vets should only be undertaking work and seeing patients in-person for essential animal health and welfare reasons or to maintain the food chain.

Veterinary teams should refer to the new BVA guidance which complements the RCVS flowchart for England.

Sorry you are wrong. I have it from a veterinary surgeon that they are not allowed to look after what is essentially domestic animals. So get you facts right.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Is this Doctor for real. Look at the right hand side and the deaths figure is downward. Given that the recent level was restarting again in the low hundreds, increasing to 500+ and for a good few days now well over the 1000 deaths per day, with a shocking number today. As this chart is total deaths, what is the point in publishing it when the main cause now is COVID and these figures are rising alarmingly. Is this another medic with an issue feeding the likes of DC2 with potential fake news. He has already queried  the seriousness of recent deaths figures are only about 70%ish of the March/April figures. DC2, its 'only' dying humans, so why do you not care what crap you post on here, egged on by the crazy gang..  

Your inability to read statistical graphs correctly is truly astounding, and strangely entertaining... :D

• Haha 2

The bedwetters will love this...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Sorry you are wrong. I have it from a veterinary surgeon that they are not allowed to look after what is essentially domestic animals. So get you facts right.

I hope you're wrong.One of my two remaining dogs is struggling today.

2 hours ago, dave69 said:

A little bit more control all the time.

Why ?  Just take one from the tray at the entrance alongside the cleaning facilities. You and others are looking for things in everything that mean nothing.

13 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

This is also out of date. We are talking about today not history.

• Like 1