British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

15 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Funny about the hairdresser comment as the private hairdresser that all my family go to, all have be masked, on advice from her organisation, and everyone not having their hair done has to stay in their car, so how was I wrong. Better still, don't answer, you'll only make a bigger fool of yourself.

Talking about haircuts/whatever,,, was talking to someone close and, apparently if you wear a hat and go in the back door/fire escape and leave thru the same door wearing a hat, you can get your hair cut.

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Talking about haircuts/whatever,,, was talking to someone close and, apparently if you wear a hat and go in the back door/fire escape and leave thru the same door wearing a hat, you can get your hair cut.

But you haven't got that much to cut. You could just keep ya cap on.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

You can't help yourself to be a burk do you. It's actually 1564 today and who cares if its higher or lower than April'20 which incidentally it IS. It is a shocking statistic, and should make everyone think and possible modify their behaviour as the infection starts to covert over to more deaths. You of course will continue to belittle the death figures, the admission rates, the bed occupancy, the case numbers, etc,  all in the pursuit of trading statistics and trying to be right,  even when you are wrong, which is more than what you would give anybody credit for.

Incidentally why did you try and discredit todays numbers by saying the second line. The definition of deaths has always been a mixture of deaths on the day, plus others retained from the previous weekend, and/or from other previous days. Even at this level of deaths, you would still try to challenge the definition cos the number is very high.  You are a desperate and shocking individual. 

Can’t even be bothered to take that cobblers seriously.

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Why are you so sure of your facts- have you thought that the vets might be quiet and so are furloughing staff to enable them to get money off the government ?(nothing wrong in that)

The BVA stands for the British Veterinary association- the article and links are from them AFTER this latest lockdown was introduced.

I am not a vet, however my daughter had to take her kitten to the vets because of a suspected broken  pelvis- they were open, kept the kitten in overnight, did an Xray and the kitten was allowed home- this happened last week.

That is as maybe but we are talking about the situation as it is today which clearly you are not aware of so don’t preach about something you are not up to date with.When you are up to date comment but until then wait until you know the full facts and I really hope that your daughters cat fully recovers. Few of us can understand the work that vets do let alone diagnose across a range of animals when your patient cannot talk to you. The vets really are different and train much longer then many other fields and all pet owners know what it feels like when you are given that ultimate diagnosis and you have that decision. We did it with a GS that CDRM. Let’s call it done and move on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Can’t even be bothered to take that cobblers seriously.

Yes, that sums you up perfectly.

3 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

That is as maybe but we are talking about the situation as it is today which clearly you are not aware of so don’t preach about something you are not up to date with.When you are up to date comment but until then wait until you know the full facts and I really hope that your daughters cat fully recovers. Few of us can understand the work that vets do let alone diagnose across a range of animals when your patient cannot talk to you. The vets really are different and train much longer then many other fields and all pet owners know what it feels like when you are given that ultimate diagnosis and you have that decision. We did it with a GS that CDRM. Let’s call it done and move on.

I will say one more thing- the BVA website and facebook page do NOT mention that vets can not attend to " domestic animals" As this is such a policy change to what the BVA and Government have announced POST lockdown- please provide written proof of your accusation.

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

But you haven't got that much to cut. You could just keep ya cap on.

Well, if you can't get a head, get a hat!  ;)

It wasn't me, my barber is sensible and respectful. 

2 hours ago, Old Crusader said:

Had the same at Maidstone hospital in Kent this morning.

Is Invicta Park Barracks still going?36 Reg

11 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

The vets that my step daughter works for are closing as a result of the latest information received. What more do you want xxxxx If you are in the know spell it out otherwise shut the xxxxx You were given some latitude but you come up with horse rubbish so either speak from knowledge or experience (which you appear to have neither not being a vet or in the industry) or keep your opinions to yourself. Still one can always expect one dick head on here who thinks they know best and outside the profession you know sweet f a which you have admitted.

There we go again- insults because it`s all hearsay- the vets your step daughter works for cannot be members of the BVA - or you would be able to link to their statement.

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

There we go again- insults because it`s all hearsay- the vets your step daughter works for cannot be members of the BVA - or you would be able to link to their statement.

She is one of the senior vets at her practice so you are talking xxxx She is a qualified as a vet the RVC and unlike many who qualify elsewhere who cannot practice globally, she can and given that you appear to know so little about the veterinary practices we can all treat you with the derision you deserve. No point in talking to people like you as your knowledge is limited and your experience is zero. When you are qualified let us all know. Seven years should do it.

10 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

She is one of the senior vets at her practice so you are talking . She is a qualified as a vet the RVC and unlike many who qualify elsewhere who cannot practice globally, she can and given that you appear to know so little about the veterinary practices we can all treat you with the derision you deserve. No point in talking to people like you as your knowledge is limited and your experience is zero. When you are qualified let us all know. Seven years should do it.

Your 1st post

As an aside, now vets would seemingly be declared non essential. All forum members with pets are in a predicament. My step daughter is a vet and is being furloughed. Thanks Boris and conservative m p’s who are real tossers. I  just had my dog go through a  MRI etc as a result of a simple injury and had it not been for the vets he would not be with us. If I meet any M P from this government I will happily put them out of their misery. 

One minute she is being furloughed, the next the vets are closing- make up your mind !!!  you are just scaremongering without any facts apart from your step daughters practice- what are the other vets in the area doing ?

12 minutes ago, Dietbowers said:

Surprised at your great age,you still have hair...;):P

Everywhere, so thanks for your surprise. :D 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Your 1st post

As an aside, now vets would seemingly be declared non essential. All forum members with pets are in a predicament. My step daughter is a vet and is being furloughed. Thanks Boris and conservative m p’s who are real tossers. I  just had my dog go through a  MRI etc as a result of a simple injury and had it not been for the vets he would not be with us. If I meet any M P from this government I will happily put them out of their misery. 

One minute she is being furloughed, the next the vets are closing- make up your mind !!!  you are just scaremongering without any facts apart from your step daughters practice- what are the other vets in the area doing ?

At a guess,perhaps like here in the first lockdown,many vets shut and just the emergency practices stayed open at at ridiculous prices.

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Your 1st post

What is your problem? As a vet this is the situation. They are declared non essential and having to be furloughed. Animals do not get treated and I started this off as my personal experience of an animal that would not be treated.  Without vets at various levels commercial animals may not get treated (farmers) and what would you expect if your daughters cat gets run over? Let it die? You really miss the bigger picture. Having had enough of corresponding with ignorant people like you who are so insular and fail to see the bigger picture I call it a day. You not qualified to comment on veterinary practices and should stick to what you know from experience or those who are involved in the industry. On that note I bid you farewell and hope you do not need vet