British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

14 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Just been on BBC Radio Norfolk 2pm news that the East of England is lagging behind the rest of the country vaccinating the over 80s. They did give figures but I didn't have pen and paper to hand DC2:rolleyes:

Don’t worry, Tsunami will be on later, quoting the figures.  :D

Some questions from the Swedish press conference just now. If I read it right it seems 13 people in Norway have died from or with the vaccine ? And it seems some difference with the deaths in Spring which might be re-calculated upwards

How long can you expect immunity after vaccination? Should new vaccinations take place when immunity ceases?

- This is something we must follow. It was important to get a vaccine and we do not have the answer to those questions yet. The length of the immunity cannot be stated yet, answers Karin Tegmark Wisell, head of department at the Swedish Public Health Agency.

There have been reports that the Norwegian Medicines Agency is considering not vaccinating the weakest after reports of 13 deaths in the group. How does Sweden think?

- The Medical Products Agency takes a position on the indications, and follows up on existing reports. So far, no decision has been made to reduce vaccinations among the most fragile, says Karin Tegmark Wisell, head of department at the Swedish Public Health Agency.

- From our perspective, we see that the older individuals constitute a very fragile group in general. They have a large proportion of deaths. We are anxious to continue vaccinating to protect those individuals.

The Medical Products Agency is following the issue closely.

The next question goes to Karin Tegmark Wisell. Do you calculate the death toll in Sweden in a different way now than this spring, depending on the level of sampling now?

- No, we do not report in any other way now. But this means that you may need to look at the entire statistics to get an overall picture, answers Karin Tegmark Wisell, head of department at the Swedish Public Health Agency.

- It can be seen that in the spring when we did not have as extensive spread of infection, it is possible that it was people who died who did not have a covid-19 diagnosis and did not end up in our statistics this spring, but in the National Board of Health and Welfare's statistics. anm).

The discrepancy between those who are diagnosed and die today is very small compared to last spring. There is a fear of a gap there

Just a little reminder of the PCR test scamdemic...

ImageImage

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For anyone that missed it, lets play spot the pandemic in Sweden...

Some interesting stats on excess mortality etc. Just look at that peak in 2018 for Germany though......and for one or two that line in Sweden drops at the end because of lag B) Less people than normal died in NZ though

https://interaktiv.abendblatt.de/corona-uebersterblichkeit-sterberate-deutschland/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1A5vyMWkFwDAPAjLHsHoIWO06eQGLr-CqyY_ptZ3QPZNp5VvcO8UtJF14#Echobox=1610613263

Edited by iris123

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

Just been on BBC Radio Norfolk 2pm news that the East of England is lagging behind the rest of the country vaccinating the over 80s. They did give figures but I didn't have pen and paper to hand DC2:rolleyes:

Won't come as any surprise to Badge and myself, or anyone who lives in the East of England.

My father had his in the first batch around Christmas and the second dose as planned on Monday 11th Jan so certain practices in the East on on the ball......

Yes BluePanther, i,v had this on my laptop for months!.      They are running at wrong settings .                                                           1558513076_pcrtestswab.png.381a93e665ef055c085a3ff10c0b824e.png

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

My father had his in the first batch around Christmas and the second dose as planned on Monday 11th Jan so certain practices in the East on on the ball......

My Aunt in King's Lynn hadn't heard anything last time I asked (last week) and she is over 80 . Not sure who they are prioritising though

Can’t speak for the rest of the East or indeed Norfolk but the surgery in my nearest town (Fakenham) has been providing the original vaccine for an enormous area as it’s one of the few able to store it properly. Other ‘hubs’ have opened in the area this week but there don’t seem to be many in comparison to the number of surgeries and health centres in this part of the world. 

29 minutes ago, June01 said:

You've forgotten to account for the rise in depression being caused by reading opinions like some of those expressed on this thread. By the realisation that a percentage of humans won't even put on a face mask to protect others "because they don't want to" or, the people who think it's acceptable to break the law "because no-one is going to tell them what to do."

The people who think Covid is a hoax, and it's not real. The people who don't seem to care if someone else is taken ill because of their neglectful behaviour. The people who don't bat an eyelid at seeing nurses break down in tears, doctors being unable to cope, retail workers being put at risk because they have to go to work, and those selfish people who are at their leisure think social distancing doesn't apply to them, or get offended when you take a step back and start hurling abuse...families being devastated by loss of their loved ones. THAT's what's depressing - that we live in a world where so many people only think about themselves.

Don’t let it get you down.

Peston had another feature last night saying that compliance has been well above 90% throughout the pandemic.

Of course the media and the old grumpies love to seize upon the exceptions.  :D

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, iris123 said:

My Aunt in King's Lynn hadn't heard anything last time I asked (last week) and she is over 80 . Not sure who they are prioritising though

Father is mid 70s but was within shielding group due to previous health issue

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Father is mid 70s but was within shielding group due to previous health issue

Ok. I thought something must be going on as I was texting today with my cousin (my Aunts daughter) and she was talking about her husband (he is mid 60s)not hearing anything. But I guess because of health problems he might be further up the list as my Aunt. But then my cousin and her husband live just outside Bedford, so a different area

Edited by iris123

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Ok. I thought something must be going on as I was texting today with my cousin (my Aunts daughter) and she was talking about her husband (he is mid 60s)not hearing anything. But I guess because of health problems he might be further up the list as my Aunt. But then my cousin and her husband live just outside Bedford, so a different area

Another post code lottery in the NHS???

• Like 1