British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Another post code lottery in the NHS???

Funny you say that because she told me her husband mum in London has had the jab. My dad in another part, also over 80 hasn't

What I see as far as compliance goes is the vast majority complying with the rules to a large degree although a miniscule number try not to comply and the majority probably do not comply 100% to what are some very confused rules and just about everybody can understand the ones that make no sense. However the majority do apply the rules as best they can and try to make sure they aren't catching or passing on the virus.

The idea of blaming the public for lockdowns not working is an absolute joke. If a year ago today anybody had suggested that the general public would follow such rules for so long none of us would have believed it could happen. If you want 100% compliance then have rules that are 100% clear and 100% sensible.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, June01 said:

THAT's what's depressing - that we live in a world where so many people only think about themselves.

That could be the problem, greed, envy, its just part of our nature, unfortunately. 

41 minutes ago, Vince said:

What I see as far as compliance goes is the vast majority complying with the rules to a large degree although a miniscule number try not to comply and the majority probably do not comply 100% to what are some very confused rules and just about everybody can understand the ones that make no sense. However the majority do apply the rules as best they can and try to make sure they aren't catching or passing on the virus.

The idea of blaming the public for lockdowns not working is an absolute joke. If a year ago today anybody had suggested that the general public would follow such rules for so long none of us would have believed it could happen. If you want 100% compliance then have rules that are 100% clear and 100% sensible.

...Don't despair but Patel has announced that there may be new guidelines announced next week and no doubt they'll be clear as mud!

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Vince said:

well yes but  i and thousands of others resent  being told we must comply. being told we must live under rules . not having a go  but we are or was a free country until  heil johnson started dictating. im not the only one who says that  you and you only are responsible for youre health and not other peoples health.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villageidiot said:

well yes but  i and thousands of others resent  being told we must comply. being told we must live under rules . not having a go  but we are or was a free country until  heil johnson started dictating. im not the only one who says that  you and you only are responsible for youre health and not other peoples health.

If we are to be responsible for other people's health, does that mean that we are all doctors? ;)

23 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

If we are to be responsible for other people's health, does that mean that we are all doctors? ;)

Isn't that a bit of a silly argument we are heading for here ? We are to an extent responsible for others health. Isn't that why we can't just drive as fast as our cars or bikes possibly can ? Isn't that why we can't smoke in enclosed places any more ? Just two examples off the top of my head

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Isn't that a bit of a silly argument we are heading for here ? We are to an extent responsible for others health. Isn't that why we can't just drive as fast as our cars or bikes possibly can ? Isn't that why we can't smoke in enclosed places any more ? Just two examples off the top of my head

One thing I can't understand is why cars can go so fast, but your not allowed to drive them so fast, so why do they make them able to? :blink:

Smoking should be outlawed, it really stinks, I am an ex-smoker, so it's even worse!!! :t:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, villageidiot said:

We must have rules.But not have the piss taken.

When we first went into lockdown it was for an unknown.Now we know the demographics of who is affected there is no reason for the lockdowns anymore.Even the ONS data basically counters everything the Govt is now doing.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, villageidiot said:

Love your username, it suits you. :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England  884     58712

Scotland    64  (5166)

Wales  54  (4117)

NI  16   (1533)

Total  1018    - last  Thursday  819 

All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital     1018  other         total      (last Thursday 1162)

From Gov UK website Due to an issue with the processing of deaths data, the update for 14 January 2021 is delayed.

40 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Love your username, it suits you. :lol:

thanks. i like it to. from one idiot to another

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, dave69 said:

We must have rules.But not have the piss taken.

When we first went into lockdown it was for an unknown.Now we know the demographics of who is affected there is no reason for the lockdowns anymore.Even the ONS data basically counters everything the Govt is now doing.

exactly. were having the piss taken now and  enough is enough. live life with no fear. ride hard. die free

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, villageidiot said:

thanks. i like it to. from one idiot to another

Ah your friends with DC2