Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Really?  I am just entering my fourth week of having this thing. Never felt so ill or so tired or so completely knackered in my life.. But for my good fortune in not having an underlying condition , which in turn meant I never had serious breathing problems, there is probably a pretty high chance I wouldn’t be in the land of the living now.

Carry on with your armchair hypotheses and amateur quack - doctorism, but just dont try to tell me its a fake , hoax, scam the flu or some other figment of my imagination , because my experience over the last month tells me this is real,.This is the truth..

Doncha just love these people who know everything there is to know about anything without moving there fat backside off the armchair.

 

 

 

Sorry to hear EL

Hopefully you feel better soon. Take care

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, villageidiot said:

spot on, thats what i and thousands of others are doing. its  a fake . hoax. scam. call it it anything you want. just dont call it the truth.   

The perfect post considering your name

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Is it not obvious by now ? The whole world is wrong  other than DC2 and fellow travelers. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Really?  I am just entering my fourth week of having this thing. Never felt so ill or so tired or so completely knackered in my life.. But for my good fortune in not having an underlying condition , which in turn meant I never had serious breathing problems, there is probably a pretty high chance I wouldn’t be in the land of the living now.

Carry on with your armchair hypotheses and amateur quack - doctorism, but just dont try to tell me its a fake , hoax, scam the flu or some other figment of my imagination , because my experience over the last month tells me this is real,.This is the truth..

Doncha just love these people who know everything there is to know about anything without moving there fat backside off the armchair.

 

 

 

All the best, I hope that you are taking every day as it comes and that you are getting a little better each day. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Is it not obvious by now ? The whole world is wrong  other than DC2 and fellow travelers. 

The brainwashed conspiracy sheep

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Now here's a surprise....York has one of the highest infection rates and it's been suggested that it stemmed during the Tier system when visitors were coming to York from Tier Three areas into a Tier Two. Had an example just across the road from me when their son drove up from London to stay over the Christmas and New Year period. I saw evidence of visitors from Tier Three visiting the attraction that I work at. I always said it odd that York remained in Tier Two when all around it was Tier Three? Personally I always thought the infection figures were being kept artificially low so as not to disrupt York's local economy?  Apparently the whole thing is now to be investigated...talk about "stable door".

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Now here's a surprise....York has one of the highest infection rates and it's been suggested that it stemmed during the Tier system when visitors were coming to York from Tier Three areas into a Tier Two. Had an example just across the road from me when their son drove up from London to stay over the Christmas and New Year period. I saw evidence of visitors from Tier Three visiting the attraction that I work at. I always said it odd that York remained in Tier Two when all around it was Tier Three? Personally I always thought the infection figures were being kept artificially low so as not to disrupt York's local economy?  Apparently the whole thing is now to be investigated...talk about "stable door".

Ya starting to get it now Steve. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Ya starting to get it now Steve. ;)

...why it should come as surprise to those in control doesn't surprise me! Like the fact that the virus being spread amongst footballers with their celebratory 'hugs and kisses' and after match celebrations causing matches to be postponed?  I've always questioned why football is allowed under the guidelines but two people playing a round of golf isn't at their local club? Here in York it's been reported that a Rugby social has also raised issues.

You got the impression that members of the council in York were somewhat smug about York's apparent low infection rate. York having been in Tier Two was always going to attract out of town shoppers and revellers from Tier Three regions...now it's come home to roost as many of the locals anticipated! :angry:

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Politics !!

New report: Sweden pressured Finland not to close

At the beginning of the pandemic, Sweden is said to have pressured the Finnish government to follow the Swedish liberal line and at least keep the schools open, according to a new report from the Sitra anniversary fund. 

- There was no desire to imitate Sweden, says Matti Mörttinen, advisor to Sitra

Sweden has more than 10,000 deaths in covid-19 on Thursday - Finland has 616 deaths from the virus

The Swedish government has relied on the Swedish Public Health Agency's expert competence to design the corona strategy - in Finland, the strategy has instead been politically led. 

On 12 March last year, the Finnish Ministry of Social Affairs and Health was commissioned by the government to prepare for the introduction of an emergency law. 

The next day, the Swedish government, which was in close contact with its Finnish counterpart at the time, complained about the strict restrictions planned by Finland and asked them to at least keep schools open. 

This is according to a new report from Sitra, which is a Jubilee Fund for Finland's independence.

The report: Sweden was “terrified” by Finland's tough measures

According to the report, the Swedish state was “appalled” by Finland's planned corona strategy and tried to persuade the neighboring country to follow the Swedish, open model. 

At this time, in mid-March, Sweden's only ban was on crowds of over 500 people. 

Barely a week before, on March 7, the final of the Melodifestivalen had been held in Friends arena with over 20,000 spectators.

“Finnish decision-makers were contacted several times from Sweden, even under extraordinary circumstances, and the content of the messages was practically always a wish that Finland should keep society's conditions as normal as possible. The isolation of Uusimaa was one of the Swedes' concerns " , the report says, according to Iltalehti.  

On March 16, Finnish President Sauli Niinistö declared a state of emergency. 

This meant, among other things, the closure of all schools except preschools, the closure of most public institutions such as theaters, libraries and museums. The number of people who were allowed to meet in public was limited to a maximum of ten, relatives were forbidden to visit health care and health facilities if their relatives were not seriously ill. Citizens and people with residence permits who returned to Finland would be quarantined for two weeks. 

- The Swedish authorities' interest in the Finnish corona measures obviously diminished after their two attempts did not meet their wishes. The neighboring countries' lines for fighting the virus were clearly differentiated, but it was strongly assumed at the beginning of the crisis that Finland and Sweden would follow roughly the same guidelines, says Matti Mörttinen to Iltalehti. 

And on March 28, the province of Uusimaa, where the capital Helsinki is located, was isolated from the rest of the country by police-controlled border controls. 

- Finland's international contacts and co-operation in the corona crisis were interesting. There was no desire to imitate Sweden, and in almost all situations there was no coordination with other EU partners. Instead, for example in school matters, tests were made with other Pisa comparisons, including Singapore and Hong Kong, Mörttinen tells Iltalehti .

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

With peak deaths in the UK occurring on 8 April and peak infections likely to have been on 8 March it’s unlikely that even a state of emergency declared on 16 March would have helped us.

Most of these countries with very low deaths, such as Finland, would have had very few early cases, if any.

If the UK had had just 40 infections in January (from people coming over from China or returning from skiing holidays in Italy), we know from the government’s R rate of 3 that this would have grown 400 fold within a month to 16,000 by the end of February and 6.4 million by the end of March.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Now here's a surprise....York has one of the highest infection rates and it's been suggested that it stemmed during the Tier system when visitors were coming to York from Tier Three areas into a Tier Two. Had an example just across the road from me when their son drove up from London to stay over the Christmas and New Year period. I saw evidence of visitors from Tier Three visiting the attraction that I work at. I always said it odd that York remained in Tier Two when all around it was Tier Three? Personally I always thought the infection figures were being kept artificially low so as not to disrupt York's local economy?  Apparently the whole thing is now to be investigated...talk about "stable door".

That's exactly the situation that we faced up here. We had very low infection rates until the beginning of July when the council and government lifted visitor restrictions. Then the flood gates opened and we were literally swamped with thousands of day trippers and holiday makers.  Holiday let owners and hotels scooped up double and treble their normal rates and filled their boots but not their employees boots, I might add, and the social distancing was virtually non-existant in restaurants cafes and bars. Unsurprisingly the infection rate graph went from a virtual flat line and rose vertically at the beginning of August. 

It was horrendous for residents with the complete disregard for those that live here and care for the area. Because of restrictions on public toilet usage,  they just used the dunes as public toilets instead.  Which was no surprise really when you had queues of probably 50 or more waiting to get into the toilets. It was so bad that they had to have blocks of portaloos  in the car parks. And wherever you went people just left their cars on verges and anywhere else they could find, be it legal or illegal. 

So come October most had gone and left us with rising infection rates. Thankfully it's even more peaceful now than winter usually is which gives us some respite. 

Still waiting for the vaccine wagon to get here though .

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, jrs said:

That's exactly the situation that we faced up here. We had very low infection rates until the beginning of July when the council and government lifted visitor restrictions. Then the flood gates opened and we were literally swamped with thousands of day trippers and holiday makers.  Holiday let owners and hotels scooped up double and treble their normal rates and filled their boots but not their employees boots, I might add, and the social distancing was virtually non-existant in restaurants cafes and bars. Unsurprisingly the infection rate graph went from a virtual flat line and rose vertically at the beginning of August. 

It was horrendous for residents with the complete disregard for those that live here and care for the area. Because of restrictions on public toilet usage,  they just used the dunes as public toilets instead.  Which was no surprise really when you had queues of probably 50 or more waiting to get into the toilets. It was so bad that they had to have blocks of portaloos  in the car parks. And wherever you went people just left their cars on verges and anywhere else they could find, be it legal or illegal. 

So come October most had gone and left us with rising infection rates. Thankfully it's even more peaceful now than winter usually is which gives us some respite. 

Still waiting for the vaccine wagon to get here though .

 

Like the four idiots who drove from Middlesbrough to the North York Moors when the area was affected by snow and ice during Lockdown and attemped to drive across a ford (I know it well) and got caught out and having to evacuate the vehicle putting the life rescue teams in jeopardy!  :angry:

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital     1018  other         total      (last Thursday 1162)

From Gov UK website Due to an issue with the processing of deaths data, the update for 14 January 2021 is delayed.

Thursday figure All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital 1018 other 230 total 1248( last Thursday 1162)

2.9 M 1st dose vaccinations now given

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Like the four idiots who drove from Middlesbrough to the North York Moors when the area was affected by snow and ice during Lockdown and attemped to drive across a ford (I know it well) and got caught out and having to evacuate the vehicle putting the life rescue teams in jeopardy!  :angry:

We had an angler fall into one of the canals here the other day and rescue services were called out. But when they got there his mate had pulled him out and wrapped him up......bout time they banned the silly pass time :D As it is, it seems tougher rules are coming....

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post

Last 15  weeks DAILY 7 DAY AVE all UK HOSPITAL AND OTHER   Covid 19 reported deaths( taken from the daily figures i quote

W/E October 4th  43  other 9 total 52

W/E October 11th 58 other 10 total 68

W/E October 18th 82  other  35 total 117

W/E October 25th 149   other  30  total  179

W/E November 1st 214  other 46 total 260

W/E November 8th 272 other  60    total 332

W/E November 15th 331 other   80    total   413

W/E November 22nd  355  other   87       total  442

W/E November 29th  357 other 103    total  460

W/E December 6th  345  other  84        total 429

W/E December 13th  332  other  88    total  420 

W/E December 20th  369 other    93    total  462

W/E December 27th 392  other   82       total  474

W/E January 3rd  478   other  126      total  604

W/E January 10th 712  other   197    total  909

This week(Mon-Thur)  889    other  257      total   1146

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy