British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

2 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Not  sure  what Devi has  been  smoking but  she  makes  no  sense.....

The  reason we  are in a  lockdown is  because  of those  that don`t want one???.  Sorry I  don`t follow that ar5e  from elbow  logic.  Maybe, just maybe  its her  fellow lockdown lovers  , and  those  on SAGE  who  have  hoodwinked  Bozo and his  crew that we  must  be  like  lemmings  and  follow  everyone  else  who  has  locked  down ....just to be  safe, whatever  that  means. Then like  a drunk  man we should  keep  staggering  along the  same  road, however long it  takes, no  matter  the  damage  it  causes, in the  futile  pursuit of Zero  Covid, that  pot of  gold  at the  end  of  the  rainbow. 

To  be  honest  , lets  turn Devi upside  down and  back to  front, we might  get  more sense  from another  orifice. 

She is of course, an American social anthropologist. Say no more...:)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

She is of course, an American social anthropologist. Say no more...:)

I'd hazard a guess she is more qualified than the American Geologist you often quote :rofl:

Staggering contrast in Hancock today compared to last April.

Today he was at pains to stress that Covid kills mostly old people, 88% of deaths, and yet last April absolutely no mention of that.  :rolleyes:

And then the BBC pops up quoting Monday figures as evidence that lockdown is working.  Not just a normal Monday?

Presumably then tomorrow’s figures and Wednesday’s will be even lower? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Prof Devi Sridar

The reason we are in another lockdown is because of anti- lockdowners

https://mobile.twitter.com/nickymcveagh

She takes science and mixes it with propaganda.

This is a very good reply to her nonsense:

“Find me a quote from one lockdown skeptic saying older people’s lives are of less worth. 

You can’t because that is not the argument being made. 

Old people are [also] dying from isolation, loneliness, increasing dementia and loss of mobility caused by lockdowns”.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DC2 said:

She takes science and mixes it with propaganda.

This is a very good reply to her nonsense:

“Find me a quote from one lockdown skeptic saying older people’s lives are of less worth. 

You can’t because that is not the argument being made. 

Old people are [also] dying from isolation, loneliness, increasing dementia and loss of mobility caused by lockdowns”.

Think it was a response to this lockdown sceptic saying as much basically

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/lord-sumption-stage-4-cancer-patient-less-valuable-b900101.html

Just now, DC2 said:

Perhaps she should have referred to him or “one lockdown sceptic”.

Well you did pose the question, find me one, and there is one. B)

9 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Well you did pose the question, find me one, and there is one. B)

No, I didn’t pose the question, the person I quoted did.  B)