British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

37 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Something just doesn’t seem to be ringing true.

After the November lockdown failed to reduce cases in London “due to a new variant which was 70% more infectious”, the BBC reports the astounding success of the January lockdown which has seen daily cases halve in just eleven days from a peak of 68,054 on 8 January to 33,355 today.

Truly miraculous.

How come?

The closing of schools?

Number of cycles used for testing?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, iris123 said:

Exactly. Which puts into question the UK’s decision to delay the 2nd jab for lots of people

Yes which is somewhat of a concern for me as my mum had her initial jab before Christmas. Her second was due on the 10th January but she received notification that it won't be for another ten weeks or so?

Edited by steve roberts
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Yes which is somewhat of a concern for me as my mum had her initial jab before Christmas. Her second was due on the 10th January but she received notification that it won't be for another ten weeks or so?

By a coincidence Steve, just after I posted that, I saw an interview with Dr Fauci on CNN and he basically backed up my post by saying the US would give the 2nd jab to those wh had the 1st and then start with giving others a first jab. But priority was to protecting those that already had the first jab.

Think the main thing is though that those who have only had one jab avoid being exposed to the virus

In other news we still have the virus running rife in care homes here and last night the lockdown was extended and we now have to upgrade our masks. The home made cloth ones will no longer be ok for shopping or public transport

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, iris123 said:

By a coincidence Steve, just after I posted that, I saw an interview with Dr Fauci on CNN and he basically backed up my post by saying the US would give the 2nd jab to those wh had the 1st and then start with giving others a first jab. But priority was to protecting those that already had the first jab.

Think the main thing is though that those who have only had one jab avoid being exposed to the virus

In other news we still have the virus running rife in care homes here and last night the lockdown was extended and we now have to upgrade our masks. The home made cloth ones will no longer be ok for shopping or public transport

Has Germany got any specific protection for care homes or does it, like the UK, just have the forlorn hope that a general reduction of cases in the community by lockdowns and masks will help?

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Has Germany got any specific protection for care homes or does it, like the UK, just have the forlorn hope that a general reduction of cases in the community by lockdowns and masks will help?

Tbh all I have heard about is that visitors must have a test done before visiting. One of the 15 minute or so ones done there and as long as it is negative they are ok. I don't know, but just thought that staff would also have to have one done. It would make sense, but I guess it hasn't been done as we have a number of care homes where 75% of staff/people are positive !!! Beyond belief really. Especially if we now have the problem that some of the most at risk from the virus are also at risk from the vaccine.....  

16 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Tbh all I have heard about is that visitors must have a test done before visiting. One of the 15 minute or so ones done there and as long as it is negative they are ok. I don't know, but just thought that staff would also have to have one done. It would make sense, but I guess it hasn't been done as we have a number of care homes where 75% of staff/people are positive !!! Beyond belief really. Especially if we now have the problem that some of the most at risk from the virus are also at risk from the vaccine.....  

It looks like our government might be about to make matters worse for care home residents, certainly for those who have not had two doses of Pfizer, and for the elderly in general:

“The i claims the government is considering "flipping" its entire vaccine strategy - by prioritising those people who are more likely to spread the virus.  The paper says phase two of the roll out could see workers immunised ahead of people deemed more vulnerable, if evidence suggests it would stop Covid being spread through the general population.”

Putting cases before deaths!

Or, in footballing terms, possession before goals.

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It looks like our government might be about to make matters worse for care home residents, certainly for those who have not had two doses of Pfizer, and for the elderly in general:

“The i claims the government is considering "flipping" its entire vaccine strategy - by prioritising those people who are more likely to spread the virus.  The paper says phase two of the roll out could see workers immunised ahead of people deemed more vulnerable, if evidence suggests it would stop Covid being spread through the general population.”

Putting cases before deaths!

Or, in footballing terms, possession before goals.

Well I just saw another bit of news on the care home problem. Apparently with one in the area, they have no idea how the virus got into the home !!! I mean there is only 33 staff and if the visitors are controlled then it shouldn't be hard to trace,surely ? That is what they wanted, a small number so it could easily be traced. Now they have staff isolating and finding it difficult to find new staff members who want to work in an infected care home. So it will be the third home in the area that has had to call in the army to help out..... 

In case you were unaware who this creature is that the BBC wheel out every week...

gngyh8i-?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Well I just saw another bit of news on the care home problem. Apparently with one in the area, they have no idea how the virus got into the home !!! I mean there is only 33 staff and if the visitors are controlled then it shouldn't be hard to trace,surely ? That is what they wanted, a small number so it could easily be traced. Now they have staff isolating and finding it difficult to find new staff members who want to work in an infected care home. So it will be the third home in the area that has had to call in the army to help out..... 

Testing alone is an inadequate strategy given that lateral flow tests may fail to pick up 50% of positives and PCR tests take two days and fail to pick up pre-symptomatics.

If there were ever a case for quarantine (for those residents who choose it) it’s care homes.  

11 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

In case you were unaware who this creature is that the BBC wheel out every week...

gngyh8i-?format=jpg&name=small

It does seem a bit hypocritical to have a go at someone who is highly qualified in her field, because of her political party, whilst at the same time promoting people like geologists and financial experts on health topics don’t you think ?B)

37 minutes ago, iris123 said:

It does seem a bit hypocritical to have a go at someone who is highly qualified in her field, because of her political party, whilst at the same time promoting people like geologists and financial experts on health topics don’t you think ?B)

And who's this David Icke anyway ?

Is he that strange bloke who's been proven on many occasions to be a deliberate misinformer just to make money for himself.  

• Like 3

Now just how much protection is given after one jab is being brought into question, its as iv always thought they are making things up as they go along, The Chief scientific advisor to the government said  "that "in practice" the protection provided by one dose of a Pfizer vaccine probably won't be as high as 89%, but he pushed back against the suggestion it could be as low as 33%", so somewhere between 33% and 89% efectivness against Covid. I personally have no faith in what these so called advisors are advising the manufacturers recomend a second dose after 3 weeks, and that is what we should be doing.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, jrs said:

And who's this David Icke anyway ?

Is he that strange bloke who's been proven on many occasions to be a deliberate misinformer just to make money for himself.  

I believe he used to be a sports presenter, so his area of expertise is a load of balls.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I believe he used to be a sports presenter, so his area of expertise is a load of balls.

And he was a professional goalkeeper. 

13 hours ago, Vince said:

Number of cycles used for testing?

Doubt that the government would reduce the ct because it wants to keep a bleak picture to reinforce the lockdown message.

And I doubt they would stoop so low as to reduce the cts, without making that clear, just to show lockdown works.