British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

So according to the Government the new strain has some evidence that it might be more deadly

But a virologist on Sky has said that there is no evidence of this, because its much too early to draw any conclusions from the evidence

Wonder who to believe, and which one has an agenda to make things look worse?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Third Man said:

So according to the Government the new strain has some evidence that it might be more deadly

But a virologist on Sky has said that there is no evidence of this, because its much too early to draw any conclusions from the evidence

Wonder who to believe, and which one has an agenda to make things look worse?

Well, the BBC led with the potential increased risk of the new strain rather than the government doubling the daily vaccinations total demanded by the media just a week ago!

“We’ve done 400,000 in one day” just wasn’t a good scare story!

Well done, BBC.  No better than The Sun.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I’m not sure what you’re warning against though.

What is it?

And how is a universal living wage involved?

The Great Reset.

A vehicle to bring about a change in the political system of the Western democracies.

Increased dependency on the state.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

The Great Reset.

A vehicle to bring about a change in the political system of the Western democracies.

Increased dependency on the state.

Strange that covid19 appears on the wheel plan in a document that was years in the making...

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/now-is-the-time-for-a-great-reset/

image.jpeg.afaa7f00f41be5c499541ee45cad59b9.jpeg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I’m not sure what you’re warning against though.

What is it?

And how is a universal living wage involved?

'Subtle Communism'.

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

I am at the moment in my third furloughed period working within the tourism industry as I do. The attraction I work at in York is quite strong in its resilience towards adversity (having suffered catastrophic flooding five years ago) and no doubt will survive in one shape or another considering that York is very reliant on tourism as regards revenue. However it will prove very testing how the various attractions cope with all the uncertainty and no doubt some will go under.

Your third furlough? That's not good, but tourism does suffer from peaks and troughs, with this time of year being one of them I would imagine.

However, having read the above post I take you haven't been furloughed for the whole period, and that's what I was referring to. I do detect a very positive slant in your post though, and that's good. Stay positive. My best wishes to you.   

• Like 2

Thankyou Kearva for voicing your opinion, but that is all it is - your opinion.

Rather disrespectful to the "NHS workers at trhe absolute limit".  Day after day, shift after shift they are on the frontline tackling a deadly virus.  And you know what, Kedarva, they will be at the front line for you if you are unfortunate enough to get the virus badly, putting their lives on the line to look after you when you will be struggling for the air that you once took for granted is difficult to breathe.  Of course, they wont know what you have said on this forum, not that it would matter, because they just get on with the task they are dedicated to. I am pleased for you that your job is guaranteed for the next 10 years, I hope you get to live them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Thankyou Kearva for voicing your opinion, but that is all it is - your opinion.

Rather disrespectful to the "NHS workers at trhe absolute limit".  Day after day, shift after shift they are on the frontline tackling a deadly virus.  And you know what, Kedarva, they will be at the front line for you if you are unfortunate enough to get the virus badly, putting their lives on the line to look after you when you will be struggling for the air that you once took for granted is difficult to breathe.  Of course, they wont know what you have said on this forum, not that it would matter, because they just get on with the task they are dedicated to. I am pleased for you that your job is guaranteed for the next 10 years, I hope you get to live them.

Don't think Kedavra is having a go at the NHS workers,more the Government on how they are handling things.

I do think the Government has lied several times to the public,especially surrounding certain figures they put out there.I see the other day hospitals have 78% more in hospital now than at any time in the pandemic.If that was true surely those other hospitals would have opened now.The economy is suffering big time through some of the Governments decisions.Who's going to pay all that back,us,our children and their children.

• Like 2

Still think they're going to lift lockdown anytime soon?

You haven't just been had hook, line and sinker, it's a rod and reel job as well.

28b29e0e746b0724.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, DC2 said:

Yes, I heard the “for a man in his sixties” remark and assumed he was the best example of the average case, with his risk of 1% being the same as the overall average of 1%.

Obviously it’s much higher for 80 year olds and much lower for 30 year olds.

Must admit I have only read it in news articles and took it as meaning the rate was 1% of people in the over 60 age range with covid died which would mean it is very much lower in the under 60 range.

Iris’s favourite, Prof Devi Sridhar, with egg on her face:

“Good news in Scotland as cases continue down (although still too sticky!). 1480 new cases, 6.9% positivity. Real credit to public for complying with tough restrictions & to leadership & hard work of First Minister” 

That’s her contradicting herself after saying current measures won’t work.

EsXAYscXcAEawBR?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2