British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Not so long ago social media was awash with NHS staff dancing around for videos to put on Tick Tock. The missive came from above to pack it in as it doesn't fit with the narrative and bingo, they've stopped.

And before anyone says 'they're too busy' they were making them at the height of the 1st wave.

• Like 4

The wife is calling the local doctors’ surgery and after five minutes she’s still going through the menus and messages, every one targeted at getting her to call a different number and every one presupposing that she is suffering from Covid.

Thank God she wasn’t having a heart attack.

Now she’s got through, but to an NHS helpline, not the receptionist.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

The wife is calling the local doctors’ surgery and after five minutes she’s still going through the menus and messages, every one targeted at getting her to call a different number and every one presupposing that she is suffering from Covid.

It's been obvious for a while now that there are other agendas at play within the NHS. The facts on the ground do not fit with the gollox spouted by the likes of Hancock.

8 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The NHS helpline couldn’t help.

But said she should get a call from the duty doctor within three hours.  :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

Here’s a virologist who advises the German government and believes in a “Zero Covid strategy” and that the virus is not seasonal:

Drosten: Once the elderly and maybe part of the risk groups have been vaccinated, there will be immense economic, social, political and perhaps also legal pressure to end the corona measures. And then, huge numbers of people will become infected within just a short amount of time, more than we can even imagine at the moment. We won't have 20,000 or 30,000 new cases a day, but up to 100,000 in a worst-case scenario. It will, of course, be primarily younger people who are less likely than older people to have severe symptoms, but when a huge number of younger people get infected, then the intensive care units will fill up anyway and a lot of people will die. Just that it will be younger people. We can cushion this terrible scenario somewhat by pushing the numbers way down now.

Now, where’s the evidence to support the scaremongering of hospitals filling up with lots of young people who will die?

The UK was having 150,000 infections a day according to the ONS, but neither hospital occupancy by young people nor deaths in young people surged.

Just how destructive to our economy, our livelihoods, our schools and our society would a Zero Covid Strategy be?

Edited by DC2

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England   710     65814

Scotland   76   (5704)

Wales  27  (4486)

NI  12    (1716)

Total   825   - last  Saturday 926

On my normal run today, two middle aged people watched me approach and then stuck out their hands shouting “TWO METRES!”

If people really are this paranoid, why do they walk where other people do and why do they insist others take needless evasive action when they could themselves?

And remember, it’s practically impossible to catch Covid outside!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England   710     65814

Scotland   76   (5704)

Wales  27  (4486)

NI  12    (1716)

Total   825   - last  Saturday 926

All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital 825 other   523     total  1348       (last Saturday 1295)

1st dose 5.8 M vaccinated 2nd dose 468,000

Last 16  weeks DAILY 7 DAY AVE all UK HOSPITAL AND OTHER   Covid 19 reported deaths( taken from the daily figures i quote

W/E October 4th  43  other 9 total 52

W/E October 11th 58 other 10 total 68

W/E October 18th 82  other  35 total 117

W/E October 25th 149   other  30  total  179

W/E November 1st 214  other 46 total 260

W/E November 8th 272 other  60    total 332

W/E November 15th 331 other   80    total   413

W/E November 22nd  355  other   87       total  442

W/E November 29th  357 other 103    total  460

W/E December 6th  345  other  84        total 429

W/E December 13th  332  other  88    total  420 

W/E December 20th  369 other    93    total  462

W/E December 27th 392  other   82       total  474

W/E January 3rd  478   other  126      total  604

W/E January 10th 712  other   197    total  909

W/E January 17th  876   other    243    total  1119

This week ( Mon/Sat )   936  other   409     total   1345

6 hours ago, DC2 said:

If your good lady was having a suspected heart attack you would be calling 999,  not your local surgery. Do you really not understand the pressure these people are under? Let’s not get in the way of another opportunity to have a good old moan. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Can't believe anyone actually listens to this propaganda. I can show you winter headlines going back decades that all say the same thing: "NHS workers at the absolute limit," "Hospital on the brink," "A & E at breaking point," etc, etc. The figures show this year is no worse than average. The truth is the NHS is a behemoth that never learns from its mistakes and, no matter how much money we throw at it, its leaders do not have the capacity to think out of the box.

I've paid into NHS coffers for 50 years and, by God's grace, never had to draw out. I've never spent a night in hospital in my entire life and it's probably 30 years since I last went to see a GP. But I've paid in dutifully in the belief that in my old age they'd be there to look after me when I finally give up the ghost. But what happens? At the age of 70, they tell me that in order to "Save the NHS" I've got to wear a mask, stay at home, not see my grandkids and should I dare to venture out, people will die and IT'S ALL MY FAULT! I always thought the NHS was there to SAVE ME - not the other way round!

Want to know the truth? The NHS is not worth saving. It should be broken up, all the super-annuated bureaucrats sacked and local management boards set up to run health services in the localities (made up of proper working people with a vested interest in the health of the local community). 

Excellent post. Sums up my feeling about it all pretty well

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

If your good lady was having a suspected heart attack you would be calling 999,  not your local surgery. Do you really not understand the pressure these people are under? Let’s not get in the way of another opportunity to have a good old moan. 

GP surgeries are not under any more pressure than normal. The problem is that most consultations are being done by phone, which is tying up staff and phone lines for long periods of time. NHS 111 on the other hand are under pressure, with staff who are self isolating being supplied with laptops and phones so they can continue to work at home.