British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

46 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I get what your trying to say, but DC's posts will only be seen by a handful of the population that might read the posts. Whereas, there is a hell of a lot more ghoulish statistics everywhere, everyday being churned out by media and politicians which may be affecting the mental health of a lot more.

I don't disagree with any of that.  It's why I barely watch the news at all now. Ghouls, the lot of them, especially the sickening relish they do it with.  It doesn't mean any of us have to do the same!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why are UK covid deaths so high Doctor ?  ''That's an easy one, its because of the way they are counted.''

• Thanks 1

Has anyone seen this on the news today by any chance ? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

I don't disagree with any of that.  It's why I barely watch the news at all now. Ghouls, the lot of them, especially the sickening relish they do it with.  It doesn't mean any of us have to do the same!

Yes, but there is so many that watch the telly and many think that if it's on the telly, it must be all true, which may affect their behaviour. If some don't believe it, they don't believe it, doesn't mean it is all true. 

• Like 2

Failure or fraud, or both...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Failure or fraud, or both...

Who's Nick Hancock?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Badge said:

Who's Nick Hancock?

Comedian, who was the host of They Think It's All Over.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lucifer sam said:

Comedian, who was the host of They Think It's All Over.

Well it won't be long at this rate. ;)

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

My memory isn't what it used to be but I cannot remember the BBC or any media outlet publishing figures for people who have been treated and subsequently left hospital. 

Whether that's down to the lack of figures from government or not, I don't know but surely any good journalist (an endangered species) could at the very least get a question asked at the almost daily press conferences. Would make a change from the repeated questions that to me seem only to want to catch them out or provide sensationalist headlines. 

• Like 9

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England   973     68494

Scotland   92  (5888)

Wales   49   (4610)

NI   16   (1779)

Total  1130   - last  Wednesday 1185

Edited by racers and royals

2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Has anyone seen this on the news today by any chance ? 

Is this taken out of context ? Just ask because they are now concentrating on other ways to treat Covid, rather than let people just get infected

Merck will now focus on developing drugs to treat Covid-19. The company has a deal with the US government worth up to $356m to sell a drug to treat the inflammatory response for severe Covid-19 patients if it receives emergency use authorisation. 

The second drug is an antiviral in phase 2/3 clinical trials, being developed with Ridgeback Bio. It could be the first oral therapeutic, which patients would be able to take outside the hospital. 

Would people agree with me over my view of how the Government has handled the pandemic? Try to be objective, putting your party allegiances to one side.

Lockdowns - Poor  ( Too slow, even if for understandable reasons)

Provision for furloughed workers - Good  (Borrowing billions to pay for this, will take years to repay, but was the right thing to do)

Keeping borders secure - Poor  (Should have been far tighter)

Vaccine programme - Excellent  ( Best in Europe, second best in the world after Israel)

Seems some anger at people in high positions using that to jump the queue for a vaccine

Saw a millionaire tricked his way to the front by claiming he was a local helper on Native Indian land in I think Canada

Now in Hamburg some bosses for the Fire Brigade and the Red Cross have also been vaccinated whilst those on the front line go without

Also see that you can go on a 25,000 euro or pound holiday to Dubai and a vaccination is included

I imagine more and more cases like this will come to light over the next days, weeks and months

• Like 1

Flu has essentially disappeared in the US for the first time in a million years. Experts say this is because people are wearing masks. The same experts also say covid19 is spreading because people aren't wearing masks...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

My memory isn't what it used to be but I cannot remember the BBC or any media outlet publishing figures for people who have been treated and subsequently left hospital. 

Whether that's down to the lack of figures from government or not, I don't know but surely any good journalist (an endangered species) could at the very least get a question asked at the almost daily press conferences. Would make a change from the repeated questions that to me seem only to want to catch them out or provide sensationalist headlines. 

Corona virus map on youtube,    United Kingdom only country with people recovered from virus saying  N/A, weird or what?.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Edited by Bluenose