Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

 

If the police stop you and ask for your details, be courteous, give them your details and don't act like a tw@t. I would say the same to my own son.

It's not difficult.

 

100% agree with that.

There was a similar video come up on my FB feed of a interaction between some vile chav & a policeman who had stopped his car. The reason being that the car was coming up as a white Audi and this one was black so it was suspected stolen.

Apparently the car had been wrapped but was still within legal requirements without informing the DVLA but rather than confirm his details and explain the discrepancy to the officer he decided to act the cock while his mate filmed the whole thing. He refused to open his window or give his details and kept going on about how the police had no right to stop him, he didn't have to tell him his name and goaded the policeman into a reaction. Nearly all the comments supported the chav and the officer who probably did subsequently over react got suspended so a victory for the people??

All he had to do was confirm his details as the legitimate owner & explain the reason for the discrepancy and everyone would have been on their way but no let's create a sh*t storm and post it on social media. How the hell are the police expected to do their job if they can't ask anyone who they are?

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England    907      69401

Scotland   82    (5970)

Wales   56   (4666)

NI   13   (1792)

Total  1058   - last  Thursday  945

Edited by racers and royals

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

100% agree with that.

There was a similar video come up on my FB feed of a interaction between some vile chav & a policeman who had stopped his car. The reason being that the car was coming up as a white Audi and this one was black so it was suspected stolen.

Apparently the car had been wrapped but was still within legal requirements without informing the DVLA but rather than confirm his details and explain the discrepancy to the officer he decided to act the cock while his mate filmed the whole thing. He refused to open his window or give his details and kept going on about how the police had no right to stop him, he didn't have to tell him his name and goaded the policeman into a reaction. Nearly all the comments supported the chav and the officer who probably did subsequently over react got suspended so a victory for the people??

All he had to do was confirm his details as the legitimate owner & explain the reason for the discrepancy and everyone would have been on their way but no let's create a sh*t storm and post it on social media. How the hell are the police expected to do their job if they can't ask anyone who they are?

 

Absolutely shocking 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-55813850

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

The lad has grounds to make a claim here on at least four counts, it appears someone has already offered to help him bring a case. Just imagine what these thugs are like when they are not being filmed. My son is a DS in the Met, he told me always film any police interactions because bad eggs have a habit of not turning on their body cams...

Regulation 9 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (All Tiers) (England) Regulations 2020 states that police officers and relevant persons may take such action as is necessary to enforce any of the tier restrictions. This may extend to asking members of the public questions, such as their name and address, why they are out of their house and the purpose of their travel. 

If members of the public purposely refuse to assist officers, then they may commit an offence of obstructing an officer but this will depend on the exact circumstances.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Agreed, but there was no suggestion that the PC suspected weed.  He didn’t mention drugs.

That seems to have been solely a product of Grachan’s mind.

It's not difficult. They looked at his whole demeanor and considered it worth stopping him and asking who he was. The half smoked, slightly thick roll up obviously was a whole part of that.

They are doing their job and this kid was clearly goading them to get some footage to upload.

By the way, if you think that a suggestion of weed is a product of my own mind, can you please point to the post where I mentioned weed? I didn't mention it at all. So you clearly know in your own mind what that thing he was holding looks like.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

I didn’t say it was either reasonable or unreasonable for the police to ask my name . This is how these discussions get escalated to a ridiculous degree. All I said was it costs nothing to co-operate and civility and politeness cost nothing .

It’s a question of life skills and how you are going to get through life.

The policeman in the video was not well endowed with tact and was a bit of a Wally , but what’s easiest, tell him who you are and be on your way in 20 seconds or start standing on your rights have an argument, get Daddy to splash it over Twitter then Godfrey Bonkers re tweets it, now it seems some other bod wants to chip in and help with a complaint , so that takes over your life for a couple of months.

Frankly , for me life’s too short to faff around with all that, when it can be over and done in a few seconds. If the police are still aggressive after that, you’ve still got the video, and you can still make the complaint if you want to.

To put it another way round, a few years ago one of my neighbours had his car stolen, and a policeman called on me to see if I had seen or heard anything suspicious . So what would you do ? Stand on your “rights” and refuse to give any information, or do what I did and give what little information I was able to give to help him do his job? 

Well, that is your view.

Others share your view.

But some do not.

And those who do not are perfectly entitled to refuse to answer a question if the law does not require them to do so and they should not be criticised for doing so.

It is the law, not the individual, that should be criticised by those who think it wrong.

As it turns out dj350z seems to have found a provision that says we should now give our names and addresses.

So the PC could have said “you are obliged to give your name and address under the new Covid laws” or some such thing to make it clear that that is now a legal requirement.

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It's not difficult. They looked at his whole demeanor and considered it worth stopping him and asking who he was. The half smoked, slightly thick roll up obviously was a whole part of that.

They are doing their job and this kid was clearly goading them to get some footage to upload.

By the way, if you think that a suggestion of weed is a product of my own mind, can you please point to the post where I mentioned weed? I didn't mention it at all. So you clearly know in your own mind what that thing he was holding looks like.

You posted a photo of an arm, a hand, a lighter and a roll up.

So cunningly I thought Grachan means the roll up might be weed.

My second choice was Grachan thinks the lighter is a petrol bomb.

My third choice was, blimey, Grachan thinks that lippy kid has cut off someone’s arm when they were about to light a cigarette and now he is threatening the police with it. 

You never can be too sure.  :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You posted a photo of an arm, a hand, a lighter and a roll up.

So cunningly I thought Grachan means the roll up might be weed.

My second choice was Grachan thinks the lighter is a petrol bomb.

My third choice was, blimey, Grachan thinks that lippy kid has cut off someone’s arm when they were about to light a cigarette and now he is threatening the police with it. 

You never can be too sure.  :D

Proof, as if it were needed, that you know what it looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, dj350z said:

Regulation 9 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (All Tiers) (England) Regulations 2020 states that police officers and relevant persons may take such action as is necessary to enforce any of the tier restrictions. This may extend to asking members of the public questions, such as their name and address, why they are out of their house and the purpose of their travel. 

If members of the public purposely refuse to assist officers, then they may commit an offence of obstructing an officer but this will depend on the exact circumstances.

They can ask, and he clearly answered he was going to work and told them what road he lived in. He had every right not to produce any id as he was not committing a crime, or suspected of committing a crime. The only time you have to produce id on demand is when you are in charge of a motor vehicle. Notice how the cop was triggered after the lad asked for the bodycam to be turned on. The cop never identified himself, he lied, was verbally abusive and never articulated why he was arrested. That cop is a wrong un, and drunk on power...

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

They can ask, and he clearly answered he was going to work and told them what road he lived in. He had every right not to produce any id as he was not committing a crime, or suspected of committing a crime. The only time you have to produce id on demand is when you are in charge of a motor vehicle. Notice how the cop was triggered after the lad asked for the bodycam to be turned on. The cop never identified himself, he lied, was verbally abusive and never articulated why he was arrested. That cop is a wrong un, and drunk on power...

He refused to give his name so how can the officer ascertain that he actually lives in the road he gave them. In my opinion the officer was completely within the law but should really have asked for ‘name and address’ as opposed to ‘your details’. No defence really because if he did not know what was meant by ‘details’ why did he refuse to give his name?

I think you are drunk on paranoia if you ask me!!

Edited by dj350z
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, dj350z said:

He refused to give his name so how can the officer ascertain that he actually lives in the road he gave them. In my opinion the officer was completely within the law but should really have said name and address as opposed to ‘your details’. No defence really because if he did not know what was meant by ‘details’ why did he refuse to give his name?

He doesn't have to give his name, you don't even have to give that in a stop and search. However, the officer must id himself and articulate what station he is working from. If he fails to do that the search becomes illegal...

Share this post


Link to post

Surely, if he'd been civil and polite in the first place, then wouldn't have been a problem.  Instead he made a huge scene of it, got it recorded on his phone and then, when he got home, went crying to mummy and daddy.  Entitled little sh*t.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Well, that is your view.

Others share your view.

But some do not.

And those who do not are perfectly entitled to refuse to answer a question if the law does not require them to do so and they should not be criticised for doing so.

It is the law, not the individual, that should be criticised by those who think it wrong.

As it turns out dj350z seems to have found a provision that says we should now give our names and addresses.

So the PC could have said “you are obliged to give your name and address under the new Covid laws” or some such thing to make it clear that that is now a legal requirement.

 

I'm struggling to think of a valid reason other than "because I don't have to" as to why a law abiding citizen would refuse to give an officer of the law their details when requested.

Surely preventing crime is part of police work & profiling forms part of that. If you are going about your legitimate business why would giving your details be an issue?

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, AFCB Wildcat said:

I'm struggling to think of a valid reason other than "because I don't have to" as to why a law abiding citizen would refuse to give an officer of the law their details when requested.

Surely preventing crime is part of police work & profiling forms part of that. If you are going about your legitimate business why would giving your details be an issue?

 

I've been pulled over twice over the years...once on my motorbike and the other when in my car. The officer was doing spot checks and I just answered his questions in a civil manner. No problems and I was on my way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy