British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

45 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Saw something about Vitamin D and the role it could play in battling covid, and someone asked....'if vitamin d is important, why are there outbreaks in the Australian summer ?' . Well I wondered if they were asking the right question, but about the wrong place. After all Australia has very few cases. But I thought, what about Manaus in Brazil ? They have a major problem atm

Average monthly sunhours in Stockholm, Sweden   Copyright © 2020 www.weather-and-climate.com

Look at the average monthly sunhours in Stockholm and we can see that it might play a part, if we ignore the first wave, but looked at the second wave

But looking at Manaus, it has a fairly constant season and anyway, has had its major outbreaks before the sun drops in February

Average monthly sunhours in Manaus, Brazil   Copyright © 2020 www.weather-and-climate.com

Temps stay nice and warm the whole year round as well

Average min and max temperatures in Manaus, Brazil   Copyright © 2020 www.weather-and-climate.com

And then look at one of the regions in Europe that is being hit hard atm, Portugal

Average monthly sunhours in Lisbon, Portugal   Copyright © 2020 www.weather-and-climate.com

Well, that’s a lot of graphs but you haven’t said what the Covid deaths figures were for each month!

There’s no point in using case figures as we’ve seen over the last month that our government’s very own daily cases figures from tests, which have shown a 50% decrease, are not an accurate indicator according to the ONS and Imperial College studies which show that cases have remained at the same level.

16 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Well, that’s a lot of graphs but you haven’t said what the Covid deaths figures were for each month!

There’s no point in using case figures as we’ve seen over the last month that our government’s very own daily cases figures from tests, which have shown a 50% decrease, are not an accurate indicator according to the ONS and Imperial College studies which show that cases have remained at the same level.

But doesn't the Zoe App suggested they are coming down and they also explaining the timing difference in the video on youtube last week

22 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Thought we had already done all of that. I have posted a few bits in Manaus the last few weeks and we had the discussion on Portugal last week. If it interests you enough then do some research. Easy enough

Was an interesting piece the other day that in a couple of people in Manaus two different strains of Covid were found to have infected people simultaneously. But probably freak cases. And of course I posted a bit about how it was thought 75% of Manaus had been infected and they had herd immunity, but then the second wave came....

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Thought we had already done all of that. I have posted a few bits in Manaus the last few weeks and we had the discussion on Portugal last week. If it interests you enough then do some research. Easy enough

Was an interesting piece the other day that in a couple of people in Manaus two different strains of Covid were found to have infected people simultaneously. But probably freak cases. And of course I posted a bit about how it was thought 75% of Manaus had been infected and they had herd immunity, but then the second wave came....

So what have the monthly death figures been in Manaus and Portugal over the last nine months?

Do you know?

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

So what have the monthly death figures been in Manaus and Portugal over the last nine months?

Do you know?

So you are saying you have paid no attention to what has been posted here or mentioned in the news ? Or you haven’t understood it ?

Just now, iris123 said:

So you are saying you have paid no attention to what has been posted here or mentioned in the news ? Or you haven’t understood it ?

Why do you have to act like a clown?  :rolleyes:

I haven’t seen monthly deaths figures for Manaus or Portugal.

What’s the point in posting a load of graphs about sunshine if you don’t show the correlation with deaths?

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Why do you have to act like a clown?  :rolleyes:

I haven’t seen monthly deaths figures for Manaus or Portugal.

What’s the point in posting a load of graphs about sunshine if you don’t show the correlation with deaths?

Because we have already had that and it seems to be a regular thing in the news. As I said we have discussed it recently. If you don’t follow the discussion then go and do some research. A recent article in the Lancet is a good start on Manaus.....

Which makes me wonder just how much vitamin d plays a part, if two of the hardest hit areas of Europe are Portugal and Spain

Portugal’s deaths graph doesn’t look much different from ours and there is certainly a correlation in favour of Summer sun and its seasonal decline when they averaged fewer than 10 deaths a day compared to 300 now.

13 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Because we have already had that and it seems to be a regular thing in the news. As I said we have discussed it recently. If you don’t follow the discussion then go and do some research. A recent article in the Lancet is a good start on Manaus.....

Which makes me wonder just how much vitamin d plays a part, if two of the hardest hit areas of Europe are Portugal and Spain

The deaths in Portugal and Spain are seasonal though in favour of the Sunniest months so your point against vitamin D looks invalid.

And Spain’s deaths this season have been incredibly low (500) compared to ours (1200).

And Portugal has had only 12,000 deaths (equivalent to 78,000) compared to our 110,000.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 1

Vit D hasn't stopped me from getting it.Having been told from a doctor a long while ago to take vit D for another problem.I now have covid.

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Vit D hasn't stopped me from getting it.Having been told from a doctor a long while ago to take vit D for another problem.I now have covid.

Are you ill, or just had a positive test...?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The deaths in Portugal and Spain are seasonal though in favour of the Sunniest months so your point against vitamin D looks invalid.

And Spain’s deaths this season have been incredibly low (500) compared to ours (1200).

And Portugal has had only 12,000 deaths (equivalent to 78,000) compared to our 110,000.

Yes just look at how fast the figures are rising in Portugal and compare their sun hours and vitamin d from that compared to Northern Europe . They and Spain and Brazil should be way below Sweden and the UK , especially atm

23 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Yes just look at how fast the figures are rising in Portugal and compare their sun hours and vitamin d from that compared to Northern Europe . They and Spain and Brazil should be way below Sweden and the UK , especially atm

Its not determined by sunlight hours, its about the lower amounts of UVB radiation penetrating the atmosphere in the winter months...

• Like 1

I’m no conspiracy theorist but why am I not surprised that with overall figures falling there is suddenly news of the South African variant spreading in Surrey. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Are you ill, or just had a positive test...?

Depends on what you call ill.I feel ok to be honest.Felt as if i was getting the flu last weekend with chills then feeling hot etc.But then felt fine until Thursday where i completely lost my taste and smell,got a bit of a cough too.The loss of smell and taste remain my cough is getting better.Tested positive on Saturday.Apparently you can still test positive 3 weeks after testing positive before.But all in all i have felt worse with just the common cold.

• Like 2