British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

My 53 year old girlfriend with no health issues is having her jab on Thursday!

So much for it being “over 65s” at the moment!

16 minutes ago, DC2 said:

My 53 year old girlfriend with no health issues is having her jab on Thursday!

So much for it being “over 65s” at the moment!

Maybe she's been lying to you?  ;)

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe she's been lying to you?  ;)

No. She’s wonderful and I’m very lucky!  

But humour noted.  :D

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

Well that sounds like nonsense.  Everyone in our family has had a cold on and off for the last two months.

Time you started leading a healthy life, try some vitamins from Blu ;)

• Haha 1

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England    474     79593

Scotland   49   (6764)

Wales   8   (5145)

NI   9  (2009)

Total    540    - last  Tuesday  587

2 minutes ago, jrs said:

You know...:D

27 minutes ago, jrs said:

I can only think the colds come from shopping at the supermarket, even wearing a mask.

Makes you wonder what else people pick up there, especially the elderly!

Interesting situation in the Netherlands where a judge has overruled the Dutch government’s curfew rule. I wonder who else in mainland will jump on this bandwagon and challenge decisions made by authorities in relation to covid restrictions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Here’s a more rational BBC article, hopefully once and for all kicking into touch Iris’s favourite, Devi Sridhar, and her flawed Zero Covid argument.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55985916

She is hardly my favourite, just because I have put about 3 or 4 links to her twitter feed. That is nothing compared to how often Blu links to Tony Heller the renowned geologist on subject like Covid :D

Actually though I doubt it will put into touch the zero Covid, as she always seems to point to countries where it has worked a hell of a lot better than the UK's strategy. But hey-ho, the old British attitude of 'we know best ' with Boris in charge :blink:

Some good news from a study released today in Sweden

After nine months, 96 percent still had their antibodies to the coronavirus.

In addition, the risk of re-infection or infecting others seems very small for those who have been ill.

- It is very positive, even if you test yourself in the middle of the second wave, it seems that you are protected against pregnancy and reinfection, says Sebastian Havervall, one of the doctors in the Community study.

Having been ill with covid-19 provides strong protection against the coronavirus - both for you and others.

Mild symptoms can also give long-term immune systems, shows the third follow-up in the Community study, which includes 370 hospital employees, which is performed by researchers and doctors at Danderyd Hospital and Karolinska Institutet . The study examines long-term immunity to covid-19 and according to the results published today, 96 percent of those who had antibodies in the spring still had them - nine months later.

Seems there has been a number of bad reactions from the AZ vaccine. I did mention they stopped giving it to care workers in Sweden after a large number went sick the day after. Now a number of similar incidents have happened in Germany, the latest involving the fire brigade

13 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Interesting situation in the Netherlands where a judge has overruled the Dutch government’s curfew rule. I wonder who else in mainland will jump on this bandwagon and challenge decisions made by authorities in relation to covid restrictions.

We have already had numerous challenges in Germany, as has been posted here before. Was over 270 cases a few weeks back. Can only imagine more now. Some have been successful as well, although some only temporary until the decision was challenged

45 minutes ago, jrs said:

Must say I haven't had a sniffle and nobody I know seems to have. And I don't take any vitamin supplements. But do try to get out in the fresh air. And they say nature does help the soul and trees give off positive healthy energy :D Bet Greta Thunberg hasn't had a cold in her life

13 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Seems there has been a number of bad reactions from the AZ vaccine. I did mention they stopped giving it to care workers in Sweden after a large number went sick the day after. Now a number of similar incidents have happened in Germany, the latest involving the fire brigade

Anecdotal scaremongering is counterproductive.

I now know at least ten people who have had the AZ vaccine over the last week with no side effect other than a sore arm and fatigue for 24 hours, just as with the flu vaccine.

Swindon alone must be vaccinating 4,000 a day.