British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

5 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Go out, avoid the NHS , save lives. 

How about,,,

'Be careful, avoid hospital, cos ye might not get out'?

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Amazing that the November lockdown made b*gger all difference but that this one is “responsible” for a 75% fall in “cases”!

Has the “new variant” gone on holiday?  :D

Have closing schools, vaccinations and the waning season not contributed more to the decline than a lockdown which November saw to be ineffective?

A reminder for you. The ONS graph for cases during the pandemic shows three dips in the numbers of cases,  March20, November20  and January21. All coincide with the dates that Lockdown was applied. FACT

There are new cases of the new strains which have been found in the last couple of days and will be targeted as other outbreak places have.  

Closing schools has played a part on the Lockdown progress on cases. Vaccines are only relevant since very late December20. It's only a waning season when going down without intervention.

Edited by Tsunami

Quite comical watching the chairman of the spineless covidcult trying to defend a government that has overseen the second worst death rate on the planet, and only beaten by Belgium who, surprise surprise, also had strict lockdowns...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

I can understand the blanket approach in the first wave because preparation time was short, but there is no such excuse for this winter season.

The government should have required care homes both to prepare for this season and to give residents the choice of contact or none, segregating them as appropriate.

Contact with family for many old people is the only thing that makes life worth living.

So to put your idea of segregation into practice, take my mother for example. Since moving into the car home she has made big pals with another woman in there, the two of them are inseparable. Say one of them wants to see their family, the other chooses not to. Do you segregate the two of them in the home, telling them they cannot see each other? Do they have to make a choice, friendship or family?

9 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Fantastic to see the progress made to get the deaths, cases, hospital occupancy and reduced number of ICU being occupied. Excellent perseverance by the medics and government to continue with the lockdown knowing it would work eventually, and get this pandemic more under control. Certainly makes the exit date brought forward much earlier, folks getting back to a normal and lives saved because of it. 
Believe it or not but there are some who don’t want to believe the above, namely DC2 and the Shrub. Oh well, there’s always some dissenters who welcome bad news.

Get the jab, you know it makes sense.

Find me one post where I have welcomed bad news.

I share your happiness in seeing deaths and hospital admissions falling but you're deluding yourself if you're saying it's due to lockdown and quite laughable saying they 'knew it would work eventually.' All along I have argued that lockdown is the wrong policy and will end up killing more than the virus. The ONS estimated 200,000 deaths due to the first lockdown and has so far not updated that figure taking into account the additional lockdowns. A Bristol University study put the figure at the equivalent of 560,000 lives because of the deep and long recession the lockdowns will cause. The UN world food programme gave a global figure of 270,000,000 people facing starvation as a result of the global impact of lockdowns and restrictions - that's more than Stalin, Hitler and Mao killed combined. I sincerely hope those figures are wrong and overblown but there is no getting away from the fact that lockdowns kill and destroy lives and livelihoods. They don't fix problems, merely postpone them.

And despite your enthusiasm for the governments actions we still have one of the worst death rates in the world and the second worst crashed economy - lose lose.

As I have said to you before take your Covid blinkers off and see the utter carnage the policies are causing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, topsoil said:

So to put your idea of segregation into practice, take my mother for example. Since moving into the car home she has made big pals with another woman in there, the two of them are inseparable. Say one of them wants to see their family, the other chooses not to. Do you segregate the two of them in the home, telling them they cannot see each other? Do they have to make a choice, friendship or family?

Yes, they should have a choice.

That’s not a hard concept.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shrub said:

Find me one post where I have welcomed bad news.

I share your happiness in seeing deaths and hospital admissions falling but you're deluding yourself if you're saying it's due to lockdown and quite laughable saying they 'knew it would work eventually.' All along I have argued that lockdown is the wrong policy and will end up killing more than the virus. The ONS estimated 200,000 deaths due to the first lockdown and has so far not updated that figure taking into account the additional lockdowns. A Bristol University study put the figure at the equivalent of 560,000 lives because of the deep and long recession the lockdowns will cause. The UN world food programme gave a global figure of 270,000,000 people facing starvation as a result of the global impact of lockdowns and restrictions - that's more than Stalin, Hitler and Mao killed combined. I sincerely hope those figures are wrong and overblown but there is no getting away from the fact that lockdowns kill and destroy lives and livelihoods. They don't fix problems, merely postpone them.

And despite your enthusiasm for the governments actions we still have one of the worst death rates in the world and the second worst crashed economy - lose lose.

As I have said to you before take your Covid blinkers off and see the utter carnage the policies are causing.

Yes, all those extreme deaths estimates way over our current figure, and something must have got our numbers down. Now I wonder what that is. Lockdown is and has been used worldwide to contain the virus, and the vaccines will eventually make it manageable. You have and are blinded in YOUR thinking that Lockdown hasn't played a major role worldwide to control the virus before the vaccines take over. I wonder what your magic solution was going to be say at the end of December20 with the discovery of the new strains. Herd doesn't work so I  suppose your solution would have been to do nothing, send everyone back to work, open the pubs and everyone one  that wasn't sick, and let the hospital patients just die meaning you would just let the virus rule everything waiting for the waning season.  Nurse Nurse. 

11 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes, they should have a choice.

That’s not a hard concept.

Hey DC2, hope you're well.

No judgement here, however many nursing home residents don't have a choice, the Mental Capacity Act has taken it away.......... 

Cheers

James

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

A reminder for you. The ONS graph for cases during the pandemic shows three dips in the numbers of cases,  March20, November20  and January21. All coincide with the dates that Lockdown was applied. FACT

There are new cases of the new strains which have been found in the last couple of days and will be targeted as other outbreak places have.  

Closing schools has played a part on the Lockdown progress on cases. Vaccines are only relevant since very late December20. It's only a waning season when going down without intervention.

Nonsense.

“Cases” peaked on 10 April, three weeks into lockdown, at 7,000 and were pretty much level throughout the month, dropping to 5,600 on 1 May.

Just now, JC71 said:

Hey DC2, hope you're well.

No judgement here, however many nursing home residents don't have a choice, the Mental Capacity Act has taken it away.......... 

Cheers

James

Those that don’t have capacity may not have a choice, unless of course they have given someone power of attorney.

But those who do have capacity have no choice either.  They have had that removed.

13 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, all those extreme deaths estimates way over our current figure, and something must have got our numbers down. Now I wonder what that is. Lockdown is and has been used worldwide to contain the virus, and the vaccines will eventually make it manageable. You have and are blinded in YOUR thinking that Lockdown hasn't played a major role worldwide to control the virus before the vaccines take over. I wonder what your magic solution was going to be say at the end of December20 with the discovery of the new strains. Herd doesn't work so I  suppose your solution would have been to do nothing, send everyone back to work, open the pubs and everyone one  that wasn't sick, and let the hospital patients just die meaning you would just let the virus rule everything waiting for the waning season.  Nurse Nurse. 

What nonsense you 'suppose'. What got the numbers down? In my opinion it's acting like other respiratory viruses and the season's coming to an end.

It's impossible to have a reasoned debate with you. You don't answer points that are put forward and then just make stuff up. 

15 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Quarantine the vulnerable, preserve the economy.

Simple.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

But those who do have capacity have no choice either.  They have had that removed.

Again, I'm not going to judge, but that really must be a living hell.......... the Ricky Gervais show (ah can't think what it's called, but set in a residential home) shows perfectly that some societies value their oldies, but some find them a burden......... personally I don't think there is a one size fits all answer, but can't argue with your comments....... just very, very sad all round

*** Derek*** was the show, great TV, and I don't really watch much TV..........

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Shrub said:

What nonsense you 'suppose'. What got the numbers down? In my opinion it's acting like other respiratory viruses and the season's coming to an end.

It's impossible to have a reasoned debate with you. You don't answer points that are put forward and then just make stuff up. 

Don’t expect any straight answers from Tsunami.

I’ve asked him twice what he thinks of the government’s lie that joggers and dog walkers are highly likely to have Covid.

But he hasn’t replied.  He can’t, can he.  :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Quarantine the vulnerable, preserve the economy.

Simple.

But the non-vulnerable still get it, still need hospital treatment and still take up beds and resources that would ordinarily be used for routine operations. We'd be in the same position as we are now with postponed ops and folk waiting god knows how long for their treatment and folk dying through lack of available hospital space. And would it have preserved the economy if millions of infected folk were milling about everywhere as before the pandemic with the virus moving about unchecked? In my opinion, no. 

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1