British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

Maybe similar thing happening as what I said was happening on Hamburg. That people are just imagining they have the symptoms and ringing the hotline for a test 

I’m pretty sure the imaginers are being turned away from hospitals rather than tested.

• Like 1

On the day that we report 684 Covid deaths Germany reports 31.

Something’s up!

Germany has carried out almost 1 million Covid tests and only 87,000 (9%) have proved positive, compared to our 22%, probably due to us testing only serious cases.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

Another illustration. In January before we had heard of COVID 19  my daughter came back from ski-ing in Italy , feeling a bit off colour to nights later she was showing the symptoms that we now associate with COVID 19  -ie feeling very ill,, a violent cough and could hardly breath. She was so bad  dialled 111 at 3am and they made an appointment straight away to go to hospital were a chest infection was diagnosed and anti biotics were prescribed and she recovered slowly over the next two weeks. A day after I took he to hospital I started to feel ill, with a violent cough and a complete lack of energy which knocked me out for about two weeks.  Now, without being melodramatic did we both have a Covid 19 or a variant of it ? I am not a doctor and I don't know.

COVID-19 was already in Europe back in January, and was pretty well publicised even then.

But so what if you had known whether you had it or not? There's no cure, so either you get sick enough to have to go into the hospital where most likely you'll survive with fluids and oxygen, or you stay at home feeling under-the-weather where very likely you'll make a full recovery within a week. 

I'm not really sure how testing is really supposed to help, because by the time you're showing symptoms you'll have probably already passed it on to someone else. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Something’s up!

Germany has carried out almost 1 million Covid tests and only 87,000 (9%) have proved positive, compared to our 22%, probably due to us testing only serious cases.

Could it be that Germany is reporting those that died of covid while our figure is those possibly with?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

COVID-19 was already in Europe back in January, and was pretty well publicised even then.

But so what if you had known whether you had it or not? There's no cure, so either you get sick enough to have to go into the hospital where most likely you'll survive with fluids and oxygen, or you stay at home feeling under-the-weather where very likely you'll make a full recovery within a week. 

I'm not really sure how testing is really supposed to help, because by the time you're showing symptoms you'll have probably already passed it on to someone else. 

Well, if I had serious symptoms I would definitely rather be tested andmonitored in hospital and on a ventilator than taking my chances at home!  Wouldn’t you?

Just now, DC2 said:

Well, if I had serious symptoms I would definitely rather be tested andmonitored in hospital and on a ventilator than taking my chances at home!  Wouldn’t you?

If I had serious symptoms yes, but most will not. And does the test reveal how severe the symptoms are going to be?

15 minutes ago, Vince said:

Could it be that Germany is reporting those that died of covid while our figure is those possibly with?

Could be. Whatever it is the two health services should liaise and be more consistent or admit their differences so that we can learn from the figures.

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Only  if  clearly  deteriorating, breathless  with minimal  effort , or  unable  to  complete  sentences, suggesting  you are  hypoxic. Otherwise  stay  at  home  , don`t  go  to hospital , goodness  knows  what you will  catch in there.........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Only  if  clearly  deteriorating, breathless  with minimal  effort , or  unable  to  complete  sentences, suggesting  you are  hypoxic. Otherwise  stay  at  home  , don`t  go  to hospital , goodness  knows  what you will  catch in there.........

Like Eddie Large?

Just now, DC2 said:

Like Eddie Large?

Do we know the full circumstances of someone who'd already had a heart transplant and would no doubt be on anti-rejection drugs that suppress the immune system? 

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

UK deaths up 684. Up from 569 yesterday.

On our way to the 800s.

Only 22% of tests are positive. Weird.

173,784 tests done, only about 10,000 at most are NHS workers, the rest are people going to hospital with severe Covid symptoms which turn out in 78% of cases not to be Covid. Are the tests flawed?

If the non-Covid test patients are serious cases of pneumonia or flu instead and just 2% of them die that’s 2,711 non-Covid deaths (for which we close no businesses).

Compared to 3,605 Covid deaths giving us total lockdown.

Comparing Sweden with Denmark/Norway, the lockdown has saved the UK 2,551 lives.

Edited by DC2

1 minute ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Do we know the full circumstances of someone who'd already had a heart transplant and would no doubt be on anti-rejection drugs that suppress the immune system? 

Wasn't he already in hospital with heart failure?

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Something’s up!

Germany is 91..  they don't tend to report all in one go, more come during the day.

They're on the increase and will be at our levels in a week or so I expect..130,  156, 176 the last three days. 

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Capacity still good in London and Nightingale not needed yet:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/03/nightingale-emergency-coronavirus-hospital-london

Meanwhile Swindon cases up 4 to 44.

I guess if they keep dying at the rate they are or even higher. Hancock thinking it will get to 1,000 a day by Easter then beds are freed up ?