British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

6 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

My mistrust of Mr Depopulation by ‘good’ vaccines runs very deep...

I get that . My mistrust of many things that come from the Establishment and the media runs very deep. Thats why I constantly ask myself the question why should I trust this bloke against the next man ?

6 minutes ago, iris123 said:

There is a strategy that has been ongoing since the tobacco industry started it, by attempting to put doubt of science in people's mind. It proved quite successful and has been followed by other industries and political movements. The oil industry followed suit. Both the tobacco and oil industry know the truth, that their products have a negative effect, but by paying enormous sums to scientists to put out information that they can use it puts doubt in people's minds.  Blu is a paid up member of this group on many fronts. Documents showing the tobacco industry knew the negative effects were leaked, but they held a secret meeting of the top 7 producers and came up with the strategy in around 1969...... and it seems documents from the oil industry have also been found

Yes. I remember years ago a top executive of Philip Morris was asked if the smoked and his answer was " I dont have to smoke this (excrement) I just have to sell it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Yes. I remember years ago a top executive of Philip Morris was asked if the smoked and his answer was " I dont have to smoke this (excrement) I just have to sell it. 

Tobacco products should have been outlawed years ago on the grounds of public health. The question is why haven’t they...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Tobacco products should have been outlawed years ago on the grounds of public health. The question is why haven’t they...

Easy answer to that one. Money. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Tax income has often been the smokescreen (pardon the pun)

Now though that becomes an insignificance when looking at the cost of the pandemic 

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

I believe in my 99.9% effective immune system, it’s never let me down...:)

Wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the Covid victims thought the same until they succumbed to it. 

• Like 3

Trouble is, at your age, you might be about to have your thousandth “cold”.  :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the Covid victims thought the same until they succumbed to it. 

Well I didn’t, just had very mild symptoms and went to work as normal...

11 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

No, I suspect a lot of the victims were unknowing innocents in care homes or doing their best to stay safe at home.

Oi, lay off me baccy pal:rofl:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Another way...

Seems the 'other way' is as strange as 'the way', because as of Monday  (they propose) in Sweden they have announced that alongside restaurants now having to close at 20:30 even if they don't sell alcohol, you will only be allowed to eat in one that doesn't have its own entrance, i.e in a shopping mall for instance, on your Jack Jones !!! :blink:

Only one person at a time should be served in restaurants and cafes that do not have their own entrances.

The Swedish Public Health Agency wants to see this as a rule from 1 March

This means that you should eat alone at restaurants located in, for example, shopping centers and larger department stores, ie restaurants without their own entrances.

From 1 March, it is also proposed that all visitors to these restaurants be able to keep at least one meter away from each other.

Later opening hours

The other proposals are similar to those previously communicated at press conferences this week: those who run a restaurant, whether it is a restaurant, café or other business, must close at 20.30.

If alcohol is served on site, the business must not reopen until 11 am the next day. Non-alcoholic restaurants may open as early as 05 in the morning.

This applies to food and drink to be eaten or drunk on site. According to the Public Health Agency's new directive, it should still be possible to order takeaway food later in the evening

The things is, if they know restaurants aren't a problem, what is the use of putting more and more restrictions on them ? Or has Blu posted a carefully edited quote ?

Trouble is even in Hamburg we seem to get useless measures.......even though there is no study that shows the virus is passed on outside in the fresh air, from tomorrow here at several popular places to walk and jog, the wearing of masks will become compulsory !!!

And that sort of brings us back to Sweden, and their wish to stay free, but the virus dragging them more and more in the direction of other countries. As they get hit more and more, they have had to clamp down further each time. Now they have the directive that in Stockholm masks should be worn on public transport at all times rather than just rush hour. When it was mentioned that people don't seem to be taking any notice, at the national press conference it was first said quite tersly 'you should direct that question to the Stockholm authorities' :D Then when asked if certain messages aren't getting through and things should be tighter, I think Tegnell it was , said we have repeated the message many times, it can't be clearer'. So that is his answer to people not complying ? And like happened in the summer, if he gets it wrong he will probably put the blame elsewhere.   But basically although the vaccine campaign is falling behind schedule and especially in Stockholm, that is where they are putting all their hopes it seems

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England   307     82717

Scotland     27   (7111)

Wales   16   / (5300)

NI    2  (2050)

Total    352   - last  Friday 367

Is there an echo in here?  :D

4 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Well it obviously did blu, as you told us that you contracted covid19 back in last March :unsure:

• Like 1