British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

That’s exactly what it doesn’t show.  Which is my point.

If the government wishes to use ONS figures it should not ignore them when they contradict a point it wishes to make and it should instead give a balanced view by taking them into account.

That's where we'll have to agree to differ. I didn't see the programme but on what you've written, that one in five local authorities have shown an increase in cases does indeed show that this hasn't been beaten yet and that the virus could, just could, take off again.

Your disagreement seems to be that cases found as a result of testing are used here rather than some figure made up by the ONS (come on, how can anybody know how many people are currently infected using guesswork, or estimation as you prefer to call it given that many people, especially those not in the vulnerable groups just get on with it and don't say anything).

If what you post was what was said it was to the point, correct and used a source of figures we are all familiar with.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

That's where we'll have to agree to differ. I didn't see the programme but on what you've written, that one in five local authorities have shown an increase in cases does indeed show that this hasn't been beaten yet and that the virus could, just could, take off again.

Your disagreement seems to be that cases found as a result of testing are used here rather than some figure made up by the ONS (come on, how can anybody know how many people are currently infected using guesswork, or estimation as you prefer to call it given that many people, especially those not in the vulnerable groups just get on with it and don't say anything).

If what you post was what was said it was to the point, correct and used a source of figures we are all familiar with.

The figure isnt one made up by the ONS - it uses the results from random sample tests carried out every week via a study conducted by Imperial College

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

That's where we'll have to agree to differ. I didn't see the programme but on what you've written, that one in five local authorities have shown an increase in cases

surely that just shows that 4 in 5 have LOWER?

and as a brucey bonus it's also eradicated flu :t:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, stevehone said:

surely that just shows that 4 in 5 have LOWER?

and as a brucey bonus it's also eradicated flu :t:

Yes, but the way I read what was said is that, since one in five has shown an increase it's too soon to start relaxing just yet. Nothing sinister in that at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Must admit I've had the opposite experience 

Called at 10am - call back at 11am - face to face appt at 2pm all on the same day

Trouble is our surgery has over stretched itself...amalgamated with two other surgeries and that's evident in the terrible service it now provides.

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe there was nowt wrong with you in the first place, your immune system kicked in. The fact that you managed to jump thru hoops etc, would suggest it was nothing to worry about. :t:

...it was related to toilet behaviour I'm afraid without being specific! ;)

55 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

been spending time with SCB?

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

I thought Devine Brown had stopped turning tricks since her wee accident with George. 
How did you find her ?

7 hours ago, stevehone said:

been spending time with SCB?

Smart Alec DC2 had already flagged that one up! ;) No my condition was that I was passing too much urine (well it had to be said!) and visiting the loo much too often causing concerns but apparently it was a mild infection and cleared itself up no thanks to my GP's intervention!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

I thought Devine Brown had stopped turning tricks since her wee accident with George. 
How did you find her ?

Sorry the reference is lost on me?

2 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

but apparently it was a mild infection and cleared itself up no thanks to my GP's intervention!

There you have it from the horses mouth, 'a mild infection and cleared itself up',,, amazing what your own body can do.

Mind you, av lately been having some toilet trouble, but from the other side. Suppose a was a bit embarrassed and didn't consult my GP, but av been struggling to clean myself after the event. A did try using my left hand to carry out the task, but it made an even worse mess!!!,,, Eventually my thumb got better and things are back to normal, true story. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

There you have it from the horses mouth, 'a mild infection and cleared itself up',,, amazing what your own body can do.

Mind you, av lately been having some toilet trouble, but from the other side. Suppose a was a bit embarrassed and didn't consult my GP, but av been struggling to clean myself after the event. A did try using my left hand to carry out the task, but it made an even worse mess!!!,,, Eventually my thumb got better and things are back to normal, true story. 

Too much information! ;) Seriously though although the body sometimes has the ability to clear things up at the time it was a worry...especially at my age...and not to be able to access medical opinion proved doubly worrying especially when the condition had been diagnosed with a family member who was showing the first sign of advancing cancer.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Too much information! ;) Seriously though although the body sometimes has the ability to clear things up at the time it was a worry...especially at my age...and not to be able to access medical opinion proved doubly worrying especially when the condition had been diagnosed with a family member who was showing the first sign of advancing cancer.

Are you sure you don't worry too much Steve?

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Are you sure you don't worry too much Steve?

Each day at a time dear boy! :t:

1 minute ago, steve roberts said:

Each day at a time dear boy! :t:

Just keep plodding on mate.

• Like 1