British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

A letter from a Hereford GP to her MP, Tory Jesse Norman, on her being threatened with removal for refusing to have the gene therapy injection.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvK3N3aWYAkHeaT?format=png&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvK3gCzWYAAoqik?format=png&name=large

Still think this is about a virus?

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

That's where we'll have to agree to differ. I didn't see the programme but on what you've written, that one in five local authorities have shown an increase in cases does indeed show that this hasn't been beaten yet and that the virus could, just could, take off again.

Your disagreement seems to be that cases found as a result of testing are used here rather than some figure made up by the ONS (come on, how can anybody know how many people are currently infected using guesswork, or estimation as you prefer to call it given that many people, especially those not in the vulnerable groups just get on with it and don't say anything).

If what you post was what was said it was to the point, correct and used a source of figures we are all familiar with.

So if the government said that road fatalities that fire engines had attended were increasing was proof that road fatalities in general were going up, you would think that acceptable, even if they knew that figures for road accidents in general actually showed them to be coming down?

Edited by DC2

11 hours ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

That's where we'll have to agree to differ. I didn't see the programme but on what you've written, that one in five local authorities have shown an increase in cases does indeed show that this hasn't been beaten yet and that the virus could, just could, take off again.

Your disagreement seems to be that cases found as a result of testing are used here rather than some figure made up by the ONS (come on, how can anybody know how many people are currently infected using guesswork, or estimation as you prefer to call it given that many people, especially those not in the vulnerable groups just get on with it and don't say anything).

If what you post was what was said it was to the point, correct and used a source of figures we are all familiar with.

You undermine your own argument there by the fact that the government trusts the ONS surveys and regularly refers to them.

The “1 in 55 people have Covid” type references come from the ONS and Imperial College surveys, not from the government’s daily tests figures.

And the numbers are based on tests, not guesswork, albeit they comprise samples that are then used to estimate the National situation.

May have already been discussed on here but how have they established that the Pfizer vaccine reduces asymptomatic transmission by 75%?

Last I knew whether asymptomatic people transmitted the virus at all was open to debate. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, DC2 said:

So if the government said that road fatalities that the police had attended were increasing was proof that road fatalities in general were going up, you would think that acceptable, even if they knew that figures for road accidents in general actually showed them to be coming down?

You posted

'They said “one in five local authorities reported an increase in cases”, they showed these coloured purple on a map of the UK and they said that this was evidence that the battle was not won and that the virus could take off again if we don’t comply with the restrictions.'

My answer was that as long as one in five local authorities had actually reported an increase there is nothing wrong with what was said in the programme. 

I don't get what you're trying to say in the above post. As far as I'm aware police attend all accidents with fatalities so I'd say the police would have a very good idea about the subject - unless you know of accidents involving fatalities that the police didn't attend. Or is your point that road accidents are coming down despite fatalities increasing?

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vince said:

May have already been discussed on here but how have they established that the Pfizer vaccine reduces asymptomatic transmission by 75%?

Last I knew whether asymptomatic people transmitted the virus at all was open to debate. 

It will be via a tracing study

They would look at cases where the carrier has not been vaccinated and the R rate estimated for their contacts against the R rate for a sample where the carrier has been vaccinated

Presumably it has then shown that for every 4 transmissions from non vaccinated carriers only 1 has occurred from a vaccinated carrier

7 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

You posted

'They said “one in five local authorities reported an increase in cases”, they showed these coloured purple on a map of the UK and they said that this was evidence that the battle was not won and that the virus could take off again if we don’t comply with the restrictions.'

My answer was that as long as one in five local authorities had actually reported an increase there is nothing wrong with what was said in the programme. 

I don't get what you're trying to say in the above post. As far as I'm aware police attend all accidents with fatalities so I'd say the police would have a very good idea about the subject - unless you know of accidents involving fatalities that the police didn't attend. Or is your point that road accidents are coming down despite fatalities increasing?

My point is exactly what I said.

The government has used a small measure to distort the bigger picture and it knows it is disingenuous.

It’s what it’s done throughout the Covid campaign, lied to the public to keep it onside.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

I’ve amended my post to give a clearer example.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

So if the government said that road fatalities that fire engines had attended were increasing was proof that road fatalities in general were going up, you would think that acceptable, even if they knew that figures for road accidents in general actually showed them to be coming down?

As if they'd say that.

Like I said, best to agree to differ.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Vince said:

40 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It will be via a tracing study

They would look at cases where the carrier has not been vaccinated and the R rate estimated for their contacts against the R rate for a sample where the carrier has been vaccinated

Presumably it has then shown that for every 4 transmissions from non vaccinated carriers only 1 has occurred from a vaccinated carrier

Are they not just trying to say that, by having the vaccine it will give you a 75% chance of not passing on something that you don't even know that you've got, cos your asymptomatic? :blink:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

I thought Devine Brown had stopped turning tricks since her wee accident with George. 
How did you find her ?

No idea who the George is, but it was Hugh Grant she was caught with

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The figure isnt one made up by the ONS - it uses the results from random sample tests carried out every week via a study conducted by Imperial College

Ah, so that will be the tests that Mrs R and myself did starting back in September for three weeks (that became nine weeks and only stopped because we moved house). In that case, I'll add another term to VB's description of the system - hap-hazard.

For several of those weeks we were getting constant negatives (by inference, they never actually told us until the last one, rather the tester just telling us each successive week we must be negative because positives are notified) whilst just next door the couple were staying indoors because they had symptoms with nobody  official knowing.

Accurate system, that!

Edited by Barney Rabbit
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, DC2 said:

Unless of course that fact does not prove the point you are making.

To do that would be a lie.

Does that apply to forum members who are selective in what they post?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, topsoil said:

No idea who the George is, but it was Hugh Grant she was caught with

Perhaps old Fenway was thinking of George Michael , who apparently had similar talents  ;)

Edited by jrs
  • Like 1

Mass panic and fear on the streets in Sweden yesterday...

• Thanks 4