British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

39 minutes ago, jrs said:

Perhaps old Fenway was thinking of George Michael , who apparently had similar talents  ;)

She wasn't really his type :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

Does that apply to forum members who are selective in what they post?

Indeed.

But correcting a slant that was intended to deceive is different.  :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

As if they'd say that.

They did just that.

And you’ve supported it.

49 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Mass panic and fear on the streets in Sweden yesterday...

Hang in there, that'll be us soon

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Badge said:

Hang in there, that'll be us soon

Remember 'just three weeks to flatten the curve'... :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

As if they'd say that.

Like I said, best to agree to differ.

You do realise that was a hypothetical example don't you?, it wasn't meant to be true 

• Thanks 1

If there's still anyone who's had/will be having the gene therapy in order to 'get back to normal' the Government has a message for you.

It isn't going to happen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, DC2 said:

They did just that.

And you’ve supported it.

:D

24 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

You do realise that was a hypothetical example don't you?, it wasn't meant to be true 

Really?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Governor Kristi Noem nails it yet again...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England   149     83123

Scotland    2    (7131)

Wales   24  (5340)

NI   3  (2055)

Total   178    - last  Sunday  283

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It will be via a tracing study

They would look at cases where the carrier has not been vaccinated and the R rate estimated for their contacts against the R rate for a sample where the carrier has been vaccinated

Presumably it has then shown that for every 4 transmissions from non vaccinated carriers only 1 has occurred from a vaccinated carrier

I can see how it could be done with the vaccine but I've never seen any similar study for asymptomatic cases and transmission of the virus. So surely that would be saying that 75% of vaccinated people who are asymptomatic don't pass on the virus - but for all we know 80% of unvaccinated asymptomatic cases don't pass on the virus either.

It has always been an important distinction for me and why the case numbers derived from an undoubtedly dodgy test may not have any real importance when you could just worry about those with symptoms. In the same way there I have yet to see death or hospitalisation numbers for any group that has been expected to carry on as normal (as I've said before supermarket workers would seem ideal for this as in theory they should be at greater risk than most people outside of hospital) as against a sample who have been locked down. To make lockdown worthwhile the percentage would have to be considerably higher.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Must admit listening to our great Chancellor this morning saying it was caused by Covid, did have me thinking it was actually caused by the Government not Covid

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Yes, but it doesn't really matter too much if a local council or regional government stays open, if they are surrounded by others who close. As I pointed out before, Sweden has suffered even more economically than neighbours that did close. And South Dakota has suffered as well because of others. As the WHO keeps telling everyone, we are in it together and we only get out of it together

Overall, Minnehaha County has lost 36% of its taxable tourism income this year due to the coronavirus pandemic. South Dakota has lost 12.8% of its total visitor spending, sitting with nearly $2.97 billion spent this year, the Sioux Falls Argus Leader reported.

The loss threatens to leave thousands of people unemployed and shutter businesses — even years after the pandemic is over, local officials and national reports say.

“When people don’t travel, they don’t stay in your hotels, they don’t eat at your restaurants, buy gasoline, shop retail,” said Teri Schmidt, executive director of Experience Sioux Falls. “This affects people locally with their jobs, taxes and overall economic benefit of a community

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topsoil said:

She wasn't really his type :D

He notoriously had the same talents as her, it is rumoured. ;) 

• Like 1