British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

35 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

200,000 NHS staff are refusing to take the jab. I’ll clap for that...

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Appalling.

Presumably they don’t want PPE either.  :rolleyes:

That sounds like a lot of staff don't trust the boss!!! ;)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Appalling.

Presumably they don’t want PPE either.  :rolleyes:

You can take PPE off, you can’t take an experimental gene therapy out...

• Thanks 2

I didn’t realise 500 claps and a vocation certificate pays a nurses mortgage for a month.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

You can take PPE off, you can’t take an experimental gene therapy out...

Can I get this straight in my head if you don't believe that the vaccine is the answer and if that is indeed the case how are we then able best to control it?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Edited by topaz325
Fault

12 hours ago, Shrub said:

A great post and precisely the sort of questions that should have been properly, thoroughly discussed and resolved after the first failed lockdown. Personally I didn't agree with the first one but it happened and it achieved little apart from finding out that plenty of people liked working from home but caused the colossal collateral damage we all know about. Johnson even said in July that he didn't envisage using one again, it was the 'nuclear option', recognising the enormous damage it had caused. If the government recognised this then that was the time alternatives should have been researched, particularly because it was around this time the seasonal nature of the virus was being realised and the likelihood that it would return in the autumn.

None of your questions have an easy or simple answer that can be answered in a few lines; multiple agencies would need to work together to come up with workable solutions. There was time in the summer to attempt this. Any solution could and probably would be deemed as harsh or unfair on some but surely would be better than using a blunt object that effects and restricts everyone. That nothing was done in summer and that the Great Barrington Declaration was dismissed without debate with a few glib words leading to the government falling back on what they had already admitted was hugely damaging was a disgrace. 

But we are where we are now and hopefully vaccines and the ending of the virus season will see the end of lockdowns. It's all academic saying what should have happened, what's happened can't be changed but we can just hope that lessons are learnt - though with this lot in charge I won't hold my breath. A plan should be being worked on right now for future use, just in case.

I fully realise I haven't directly answered any of your questions and will probably be criticised for not doing so. I don't consider myself qualified to give a thorough answer, I'll leave that to the  people who fully understand the subject and all the potential pitfalls. At least now there is some real life evidence from those areas which didn't pursue lockdown  to consider too. But it got to be done. Saying it's impossible or too hard and instead relying on failed and damaging lockdowns again is just not good enough. 

All fair points. Not sure I am with you all the way but that doesn’t mean you are necessarily wrong.  Whilst I agree that it would be sensible to have a plan for future eventualities, I think part of the problem is that successive governments ignored the warning signs with SARS outbreaks over the last 15 or more years. As I have said before the attitude in much of the Western world seems to have been “It won’t happen to us “so they don’t spend money on preparations 

In a sense it’s a bit like the lack of provision for heavy snowfall but on a greater scale.  We dont get much snow these days and it costs a lot of money to keep snow clearing equipment standing idle for several years, so rather than invest in it governments spend money on other things, then when we eventually do get a heavy snowfall it brings the country to a standstill costing millions.

Same with flood defences. Investment has been cut back for years , now we are paying the price.

Of course, the public bear some of the blame. All these things cost money that can only come from taxation and much of the public, hypnotised by celebrity culture and materialism, are happy to turn a blind eye to risk rather than pay more taxes.

• Like 5

On 3/2/2021 at 11:59 AM, Blupanther said:

That's just a wild guess on your part, you have no idea why BWitcher has not posted recently. Facts are not your strong point obviously...

Well throw a fact into the pot about where Twitcher has gone then... 

Until something else is known or until Twitcher posts here once again, his 'retirement' from this thread is a perfectly reasonable assumption to make.  FACT.

Facts are obviously not your strong point either my good fellow.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2021 at 5:29 PM, proud panther said:

Deaths are going down because we have a vaccine, & the weather is improving. Nothing to do with lockdown.

Lockdowns reduce the numbers of infection (as folk are not running around spreading the virus) which in turn reduces the number of deaths.  Rocket science it is not.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Well throw a fact into the pot about where Twitcher has gone then... 

Until something else is known or until Twitcher posts here once again, his 'retirement' from this thread is a perfectly reasonable assumption to make.  FACT.

Facts are obviously not your strong point either my good fellow.

Just more silly assumptions on your part...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/3/2021 at 12:04 AM, Fenway Bleachers said:

Lockdown remains the useless tool of choice. It does not work and is destructive in its effects. A bit like getting rid of a wasps nest by burning the house down. Once started it’s difficult to reverse. 
This is a seasonal respiratory virus, it will all but disappear in the next week or two, and being endemic will return as Winter starts, November being a good bet, just like influenza. Future vaccines to combat changes in spike protein coat will be needed for the vulnerable, a new flurona jab for the over 65s. 
The rest of us should carry on as normal, but governments won’t allow it. 
Let’s have a Winter lockdown every year, from late November to early March, close schools , shut businesses, print money . 
You know it makes (no)sense. 

Just like it did 12 months ago, yes? :rofl:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

Just more silly assumptions on your part...

Perfectly acceptable assumption (singular) on my part. 

Just because you intimate you 'know' something contradictory and will not share it, it doesn't make what I've posted any less credible. FACT.

The troll is back...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Can I get this straight in my head if you don't believe that the vaccine is the answer and if that is indeed the case how are we then able best to control it?

I am sure there graph somewhere that will provide the answer

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

The troll is back...

Twitcher hasn't posted for months on end on this thread.  Therefore that intimates he's retired from this thread.  I didn't say forum, just this thread.

The above is factually correct, but posting it makes me a troll.  It's astounding how some brains work on this forum sometimes!

Edited by chris4gillian