British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

I will put it out there that years ago, people smoked in doors. Both my Mum and Dad did. Later after my Dad died I became my Mum's carer 4 days a week for about 10 years and  in the last 5 years 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. She had COPD but didn't care and smoked her brains out in a tiny 1 bed bungalow. I have a blood test and it's not hereditary. Just my bad luck.Second hand smoke.

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

I will put it out there that years ago, people smoked in doors. Both my Mum and Dad did. Later after my Dad died I became my Mum's carer 4 days a week for about 10 years and  in the last 5 years 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. She had COPD but didn't care and smoked her brains out in a tiny 1 bed bungalow. I have a blood test and it's not hereditary. Just my bad luck.

Did you smoke too?

Just now, DC2 said:

Did you smoke too?

Never

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Never

I think you posted the other day about going shopping but obviously you shouldn’t if there’s any way you can get in delivered, whether by supermarkets, the council or volunteers.

The Council is delivering shopping for free to the medically vulnerable ones in Swindon.

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Same as me. 

Look out for those 2 cops , watching your front door, in plain clothes , sent from Derbyshire to enforce this.......hope you have plenty of tenners handy for the fines coming your way if you threaten to head out to the off licence or any other essential shopping destination. They are armed with tazers, pepper spray and truncheons if there is any lip. 

See you in July.....

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I think you posted the other day about going shopping but obviously you shouldn’t if there’s any way you can get in delivered, whether by supermarkets, the council or volunteers.

The Council is delivering shopping for free to the medically vulnerable ones in Swindon.

Yes, the food delivery arrangement is included in the letter we were all sent at the start of the lockdown.

1 minute ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Look out for those 2 cops , watching your front door, in plain clothes , sent from Derbyshire to enforce this.......hope you have plenty of tenners handy for the fines coming your way if you threaten to head out to the off licence or any other essential shopping destination. They are armed with tazers, pepper spray and truncheons if there is any lip. 

See you in July.....

Won't happen me as I show them respect. They can be useful  just the same as I have been to them when I have pitched in and helped them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Won't happen me as I show them respect. They can be useful  just the same as I have been to them when I have pitched in and helped them.

Good luck, stay safe and avoid them cuffs!!

50 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes they called me yesterday :t:

The odd things you find on the internet, while reading David Ickes forum tonight, I searched the word speedway and it turns out the guy who committed the NZ terror attacks was photographed wearing a hoody with the badge speedway 1986 STH/LNDN which the forum has taken to mean Wimbledon speedway, it turns out it was a clothing company but there is various mentions of our sport and even a picture of a belle vue rider as an example of what a speedway rider is 

• Confused 1

No doubt we'll be hearing on the news today and over the weekend the morons who will be out enjoying the sunshine and next week being Easter weekend people acting selfishly panic buying at the supermarkets despite all the warnings to the contrary. Whether one believes in all the hype or not is neither here all there...we are all in it together and must take collective responsibility of our actions having no other option but to follow advice and eventually, things will get back to some sort of normality overwise anarchy will reign prolonging the agony.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

The odd things you find on the internet, while reading David Ickes forum tonight, I searched the word speedway and it turns out the guy who committed the NZ terror attacks was photographed wearing a hoody with the badge speedway 1986 STH/LNDN which the forum has taken to mean Wimbledon speedway, it turns out it was a clothing company but there is various mentions of our sport and even a picture of a belle vue rider as an example of what a speedway rider is 

Hmmm..... speedway 1986 STH/LNDN....Sounds like Iris 123 to me :D

• Haha 1

There’s about 67 million people in the UK, 500,000 of whom are frontline doctors or nurses, so medical staff have on simple numbers a one in one hundred and thirty four chance of being in the daily death figures.

If you take out the over 65s and the under 16s and say that half of the deaths goes with them that gives medical staff a 1 in 88 chance of being in the remaining figure.

As we’re about to hit 800 deaths, 4.5 medical staff will likely be dying every day.  Many of them also have underlying conditions.

Just to add some input to the earlier discussion about how covid 19 and other conditions are recorded on death certificates, a doctor happened to be talking about it on the radio this morning.

I am paraphrasing what was said, but it seems that basically the doctor has to answer two questions. The first is what was the immediate cause of death, which might be simply put down as breathing difficulties ( expressed perhaps in medical terms) , and the second is what was the condition that led to the condition that caused death and the answer to that would be one or a combination of things, ie it could be just covid 19 or it could be covid 19, pneumonia, asthma and anything else relevant so , it does seem the statistics for covid deaths don’t necessarily distinguish between those deaths directly caused by it and those caused by a combination.