British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

11 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Just to add some input to the earlier discussion about how covid 19 and other conditions are recorded on death certificates, a doctor happened to be talking about it on the radio this morning.

I am paraphrasing what was said, but it seems that basically the doctor has to answer two questions. The first is what was the immediate cause of death, which might be simply put down as breathing difficulties ( expressed perhaps in medical terms) , and the second is what was the condition that led to the condition that caused death and the answer to that would be one or a combination of things, ie it could be just covid 19 or it could be covid 19, pneumonia, asthma and anything else relevant so , it does seem the statistics for covid deaths don’t necessarily distinguish between those deaths directly caused by it and those caused by a combination.

Thanks.

That’s been clear for some time, with Covid often cited as third on the list of contributory causes.

9 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

Not surprising in the least that the daily death figures are not accurate.

Accurate figures should be fundamental for the government’s revised modelling and planning.

• Like 2

Brilliant...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guardian reports government advisor Prof Ferguson saying:

“We want to move to a situation where at least by the end of May we’re able to substitute some less intensive measures, more based on technology and testing, for the complete lockdown we have now.”

So, end of May before measures might be relaxed?

That seems a month too long looking at the figures.

29 minutes ago, DC2 said:

“We want to move to a situation where at least by the end of May we’re able to substitute some less intensive measures, more based on technology and testing, for the complete lockdown we have now.”

aaah, yil probly just be getting used to it by then man ;)

Read somewhere that they were hopefully gonna test 100,000 a day,,, that'll still take a long time.

Spain 809 deaths. Still on the plateau.

Remember this from 9 days ago:

“London hospitals are facing a “continuous tsunami” of coronavirus patients and some are likely to be overwhelmed in a few days, according to Chris Hopson, the chief executive of NHS Providers – which represents hospital bosses.”

Only for us to hear yesterday that London Hospitals are managing well and the Nightingale won’t be needed yet?

No Tsunami.

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

There’s about 67 million people in the UK, 500,000 of whom are frontline doctors or nurses, so medical staff have on simple numbers a one in one hundred and thirty four chance of being in the daily death figures.

If you take out the over 65s and the under 16s and say that half of the deaths goes with them that gives medical staff a 1 in 88 chance of being in the remaining figure.

As we’re about to hit 800 deaths, 4.5 medical staff will likely be dying every day.  Many of them also have underlying conditions.

Dear, oh dear:

Death of two nurses sees call for more protection:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/apr/03/coronavirus-deaths-of-two-nurses-lead-to-calls-for-more-protection

Nurses will die, just as will some of the rest of us, regardless of protection and special measures.

9 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

The odd things you find on the internet, while reading David Ickes forum tonight, I searched the word speedway and it turns out the guy who committed the NZ terror attacks was photographed wearing a hoody with the badge speedway 1986 STH/LNDN which the forum has taken to mean Wimbledon speedway, it turns out it was a clothing company but there is various mentions of our sport and even a picture of a belle vue rider as an example of what a speedway rider is 

Is David Icke peddling the theory that the virus is caused by 5g network radiation?

I've only just seen this in the news of people burning down masts unless I missed it mentioned on here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Is David Icke peddling the theory that the virus is caused by 5g network radiation?

I've only just seen this in the news of people burning down masts unless I missed it mentioned on here.

No, but there is a video of a street littered with dead birds near a 5g tower. A lot of people are very anti 5g it would appear...

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Think said prof might be rowing back from his advice already and getting on his tin helmet for future criticism. More technology in such hands could be cataclysmic, and rolling out testing to general public, frankly laughable given capacity at the moment. Indeed the tests at present are taking 5-6 days to get a result, so for front line staff, a waste of time if you have symptoms, you should be fit to return in 7 days or so already, so only worth getting a test if family are symptomatic.

There will be a future day of reckoning when those who crashed the economy will deserve a place in the stocks.....

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

No, but there is a video of a street littered with dead birds near a 5g tower. A lot of people are very anti 5g it would appear...

Okay thanks, I watched the video of his that was posted on here and he mentioned 5g but not in the context of it causing the virus so I wondered if he was building up to it for a future video. I'm not sure I can sit through another hour lol.

To be fair there has been lots of anti protests about phone masts since the early days of mobiles but mostly by nimbys with a mobile in the pocket. 

As long as they are on a council estate somewhere and not by them or Tarquins school they were okay with it.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Think said prof might be rowing back from his advice already and getting on his tin helmet for future criticism. More technology in such hands could be cataclysmic, and rolling out testing to general public, frankly laughable given capacity at the moment. Indeed the tests at present are taking 5-6 days to get a result, so for front line staff, a waste of time if you have symptoms, you should be fit to return in 7 days or so already, so only worth getting a test if family are symptomatic.

There will be a future day of reckoning when those who crashed the economy will deserve a place in the stocks.....

Personally, I don’t like the moans and groans about the tests or whether we should have done or be doing this or that.

We’ve done what we have, practically the same as every other developed country, and I don’t think there should be any recriminations.

But what I do think is that we should be honest about how things stand now from a proper consideration of the statistics and the control experiment given by Sweden.

If the disease is not as virulent or dangerous as first thought, and inordinate damage is being done to the economy, let’s accept and embrace those truths and move on, rather than dwell in the hysteria.

• Like 4