British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

I agree with your sentiment and pragmatic views.

My objection is chiefly when the politicians say with certainty that something is and has happened when palpably its nonsense. Testing and delivery of PPE fall into that bracket. Hancock and Freeman have told the public “ facts” at press conferences which are laughable , make promises that things are planned in the coming weeks ( which means it’s on the wish list and they haven’t a clue) and this undermines their credibility. It makes you wonder if anything they say is accurate.

Lets have the truth, though I accept politically this is the first casualty in a crisis.

Still we can hope.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DC2 said:

I think you posted the other day about going shopping but obviously you shouldn’t if there’s any way you can get in delivered, whether by supermarkets, the council or volunteers.

The Council is delivering shopping for free to the medically vulnerable ones in Swindon.

Edited by Bald Bloke

53 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Is David Icke peddling the theory that the virus is caused by 5g network radiation?

I've only just seen this in the news of people burning down masts unless I missed it mentioned on here.

Yes he is and making a very good explanation of it and to a point I do believe there is something in it but not because of what icke says but because I watched a documentary about a year ago about how the American military are using 5G as a weapon against their enemy’s, they showed how using 5G they could make it feel like your skin was burning and so you would run away, back to Ickes theory, he also talks about the end game of all this 5G and the whole AI thing and the seemingly Orwellian state that we seem to be heading towards and quite frankly I feel he is right about this and to me that alone is enough to be very sceptical about 5G and the worlds government’s 

• Like 1

I think now might be the time to start seriously worrying about some member's mental states during this lockdown.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, JCookie said:

I think now might be the time to start seriously worrying about some member's mental states during this lockdown.

You're right.. and you're the first on the list.

• Haha 4

Today so far deaths in Sweden are at 15 and Denmark/Norway 24, but numbers will be added throughout the day. On total deaths Sweden is running at a ratio of 1.68:1 with the other two.

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Today so far deaths in Sweden are at 15 and Denmark/Norway 24, but numbers will be added throughout the day. On total deaths Sweden is running at a ratio of 1.68:1 with the other two.

Yet we are told it should be about 5:1 at least?

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Yet we are told it should be about 5:1 at least?

Ferguson said 40 million infections with no measures or 2 million with the measures currently in place.

A ratio of 20:1, compared to 1.68:1.

His ratio is more likely to be the size of the economic cock up if we do not get back to work this month rather than May as he prefers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Ferguson said 40 million infections with no measures or 2 million with the measures currently in place.

A ratio of 20:1, compared to 1.68:1.

His ratio is more likely to be the size of the economic cock up if we do not get back to work this month rather than May as he prefers.

How about deaths?

Just now, BWitcher said:

How about deaths?

Ferguson likes 3% while all the other pointers suggest less than 1%.

Just now, DC2 said:

Ferguson likes 3% while all the other pointers suggest less than 1%.

So he was saying difference between 1.2 million deaths and 60,000 deaths effectively (based on his 3%)?

At the moment Sweden showing it to be 100,8000 to 60,000.

By JOHN P.A. IOANNIDIS

The data collected so far on how many people are infected and how the epidemic is evolving are utterly unreliable. Given the limited testing to date, some deaths and probably the vast majority of infections due to SARS-CoV-2 are being missed. We don’t know if we are failing to capture infections by a factor of three or 300. Three months after the outbreak emerged, most countries, including the U.S., lack the ability to test a large number of people and no countries have reliable data on the prevalence of the virus in a representative random sample of the general population.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

So he was saying difference between 1.2 million deaths and 60,000 deaths effectively (based on his 3%)?

At the moment Sweden showing it to be 100,800 to 60,000.

Just taken your extra “0” out.

Yes, on Ferguson’s model.

But at 1% deaths our current measures are based on 20,000 deaths.

Without our measures that figure could be 33,600.

But more specific measures for the old and infirm and renewed economic activity would mitigate that number.

• Like 1