British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Voting for the best worst option is no longer a viable strategy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wolfsbane said:

Here we go (again).

UCL have reported that GB will hit the threshold, 73.4%, for herd immunity on monday april 12th.

Which just happens to be the date of step 2:rolleyes:

Just another coincidence no doubt...:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Here we go (again).

UCL have reported that GB will hit the threshold, 73.4%, for herd immunity on monday april 12th.

Which just happens to be the date of step 2:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Just another coincidence no doubt...:rolleyes:

Well, does this mean that things can start getting back to normal, but only in a covid-secure way, (cos we don't want this again),,, or is the great reset window of opportunity about to close?

Posted (edited)

So the attack on hospitality, in particular, on this occasion, rural hospitality, continues apace with news that from monday indoor payment will not be allowed. 

Wi-Fi and mobile broadband signals are at their worst in rural areas making outdoor payments impossible, taking an estimated 33% of those establishments which planned to reopen on monday out of the game.

So it's ok to pay indoors at Tesco, Sainsbury's etc but not in a rural pub.

'Use cash' is the solution according to social media.

The Government know full well that folks will get around the ban by using cash. The fictional 3rd wave/ restrictions is coming, they're just looking for the reasons to justify it.

''Hospitality have been accepting cash, the disease is being transmitted on infected notes and coins blah, blah, blah'.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

So the attack on hospitality, in particular, on this occasion, rural hospitality, continues apace with news that from monday indoor payment will not be allowed. 

Wi-Fi and mobile broadband signals are at their worst in rural areas making outdoor payments impossible, taking an estimated 33% of those establishments which planned to reopen on monday out of the game.

So it's ok to pay indoors at Tesco, Sainsbury's etc but not in a rural pub.

'Use cash' is the solution according to social media.

The Government know full well that folks will get around the ban by using cash. The fictional 3rd wave restrictions is coming, they're just looking for the reasons to justify it.

''Hospitality have been accepting cash, the disease is being transmitted on infected notes and coins blah, blah, blah'.

Most takeaway venues in my area, that a use, only accept cash indoors,,, hmmm.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

Still not getting it:rofl:

How can I ? You stated only one politician has died from Covid because you saw that reported on the internet :rofl: Now it was a debatable report anyway with what the bloke died of . Now others have also been reported to have died of Covid . So what are we supposed to be getting Einstein :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry to go off tangent but how do you gents and ladies feel about 6,000 ppl crammed into the crucible theatre early may for the world snooker final, no masks, no sd, nothing.

IF it goes ** up there  we are going to be completely knackered is my view.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Sorry to go off tangent but how do you gents and ladies feel about 6,000 ppl crammed into the crucible theatre early may for the world snooker final, no masks, no sd, nothing.

Made me laugh yesterday.  One headline was 12000 fans allowed into Hampden Park in the fresh Glasgow air, but a full house at the Crucible trapped in doors. 

I know it goes under the guise of an experiment,  but somebody in snooker must be pulling the right strings in the Tory party.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, iris123 said:

How can I ? You stated only one politician has died from Covid because you saw that reported on the internet :rofl: Now it was a debatable report anyway with what the bloke died of . Now others have also been reported to have died of Covid . So what are we supposed to be getting Einstein :rolleyes:

You do love that word don't you?

You'd have been right at home in the GDR.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

That's what SAGE are hoping for, hence permission granted.

17 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Well, at least they won't be shouting and bawling or singing, just a few little whispers. ;)

46 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Most takeaway venues in my area, that a use, only accept cash indoors,,, hmmm.

Rural?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Rural?

A wish, you don't get many takeaways in the countryside,,, my old lecturer from Rothbury once asked me what a takeaway pizza tasted like, lol.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A wish, you don't get many takeaways in the countryside,,, my old lecturer from Rothbury once asked me what a takeaway pizza tasted like, lol.

...and I personally wouldn't know either!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...and I personally wouldn't know either!

Well they're not the same as the ones from Asda. :t:

• Haha 3