British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Yes I would be totally isolated from fellow anglers at my usual lake as the 'pegs' are placed well apart and no interaction with other people required...that's one of the main reasons why people fish! I can understand not fishing on tow paths (although it's off season here at the moment) but fishing at designated lakes?

After 30 minutes I'm usually asking the bloke next door what bait he's using:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Exactly. 

So many seem to be operating under the belief nobody dies normally.

Up until April 2nd there were STILL less deaths this year from respiratory diseases (includes flu, pneumonia, covid-19 etc) this year than the average for the previous five years at the same point.

The fact we had such a mild flu season has meant there are a lot for covid-19 to pick off. 

I guess the question is now why a Tory Government with an 80 seat majority, is not exposing this stuff for what it is and appears to be quite happy to go along with the social media lines.

Sky reports Italy’s declining cases today:

Italy has recorded its lowest daily coronavirus death toll in over two weeks, providing more glimmers of hope for the country.

Another 525 deaths have been reported, taking the total to 15,887.

That is the lowest 24-hour tally since the middle of last month, while the number of patients in intensive care has also dropped for the second day running.

6 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

I guess the question is now why a Tory Government with an 80 seat majority, is not exposing this stuff for what it is and appears to be quite happy to go along with the social media lines.

Because people are so thoroughly indoctrinated it doesn't matter now. They'll only believe what they've seen shared all over facebook.

If the government tries to say something different, like they did originally, social media reacts strongly.

They do anything different, every death is blamed on them.

The media/social media have been very clever throughout this process. 

First of all they drove it thoroughly home to people this virus was 10x more contagious and 10x more deadly than flu and other related viruses. Article after article.. meme after meme until the majority of the nation was convinced. Scare chart after scare chart showing tens of millions infected within 2 months and hundreds of thousands dead. Not one of these drones has stopped and asked.. err.. why aren't we on those figures yet? 

Then came the campaign to drive it into peoples heads it wasn't just dangerous to the old and vulnerable, every younger persons death reported with massive headlines as if young people had never before died. The majority lapped this up with .." I told you its deadly to everyone".. 

Then you had the calls for the lockdowns. If we don't lockdown 20 x more people will die etc...  (and even higher figures). 

In terms of the government, they didn't want to stop sporting events, medical advice was that it wasn't an issue. But all the sports organisations reacted to social media pressure and stopped, making the government outcasts. Pressure continued to be applied till a lockdown was announced.

Now that isn't enough, they want to take it further, the calls now to ban all forms of outdoor exercice.

As I said on an earlier post, when will this stop? Who is/are actually driving this on social media. Many of these memes and infographics start from certain places and then the indoctrinated public does the rest.

Is it VERY VERY dangerous. Far more so than any virus.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 5

Not only Facebook.

The entire media bought into “The end of the world is nigh”.

And chose to ignore comparisons with flu or pneumonia.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Because people are so thoroughly indoctrinated it doesn't matter now. They'll only believe what they've seen shared all over facebook.

If the government tries to say something different, like they did originally, social media reacts strongly.

They do anything different, every death is blamed on them.

Social media went on an all out 'dump the Tories' campaign prior to the election. They ended up with an 80 seat majority. This Government need to come out and answer the questions you, me and millions are asking otherwise it confirms that they are happy to go along with the current narrative.

3 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Good, so they were more spread out.

The more places are closed, the less places people have to go and the more congested everywhere will become.

And yes, of course they were kicking off, it's the latest agenda on social media.

What next after it gets all outdoor exercise banned?

Battersea and Brockwell park along with London fields, and Richmond are miles apart so it's not the same people spreading out. 

Where else do you foresee becoming "more congested" in London as a result of parks closing.  

People won't be roaming the streets. - that's too boring for them. 

2 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Battersea and Brockwell park along with London fields, and Richmond are miles apart so it's not the same people spreading out. 

Where else do you foresee becoming "more congested" in London as a result of parks closing.  

People won't be roaming the streets. - that's too boring for them. 

It's already been foreseen. The more places that close, the more congested others become. It's not a difficult concept.

It's a proven concept.

My question is what is next? Soon all outdoor exercise will be prohibited. Then what?

If this is a curve and by the end of April we’re down to 14 deaths a day, like we were three weeks ago, will it not be impossible for the government to relax the restrictions?

Edited by DC2

16 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Social media went on an all out 'dump the Tories' campaign prior to the election. They ended up with an 80 seat majority. This Government need to come out and answer the questions you, me and millions are asking otherwise it confirms that they are happy to go along with the current narrative.

I don't see that millions of others are asking I'm afraid. 

Across social media it's a ratio of about 100 to 1 of indoctrinated people.

• Sad 1

Just now, DC2 said:

If this is a curve and by the end of April we’re down to 50 deaths a day, like we were three weeks ago, will it not be impossible for the government to relax the restrictions?

If they carry on recording all deaths that simply have 'symptoms' of covid-19 then they will NEVER be able to relax the restrictions.

• Like 1

Just now, BWitcher said:

If they carry on recording all deaths that simply have 'symptoms' of covid-19 then they will NEVER be able to relax the restrictions.

Actually it was 14 deaths on 15 March!

These restrictions will rapidly look stupid.

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

It's already been foreseen. The more places that close, the more congested others become. It's not a difficult concept.

It's a proven concept.

My question is what is next? Soon all outdoor exercise will be prohibited. Then what?

So a non-answer then.  Londoners will not just roam around the streets.  That's not enough for them. They will sit and sulk.

Outdoor exercise will be banned i imagine yes.  

After that who knows.. i do know tho that hospitals across london are busy and Reading where my family work is at triple capacity whether it's with your blessed flu or whatever.  Thats with no a&e work either.  That's pure respiratory distress patients. And the longer this carries on, the chance of these hospitals toppling will get more and more real.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

It's a proven concept.

Tha'll be blood on the streets.

33 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

How many have died in previous years in the same time period?

Obviously none died from covid 19 in previous years so unless the claim about those seven is completely fabricated then those deaths or wholly or partly due to the virus.

It may well be the case that lack of PPE was a contributory factor , but that is for another day. We are where we are. There strategy seems to be to control the numbers - flatten the sombrero as Johnson put it - until we have a vaccine to control it. I note all the arguments on here about people  not being able to go to remote locations because PC plod will be booking them but there are a lot of people who are so thick or selfish or both that they spoil it for the rest , and it is almost impossible to have other than a one size fits all directive. I saw Epping Forest was mentioned earlier with its packed car parks . I know Epping Forest and High Beech very well . It’s always packed on a sunny day, these days often with boys racers who probably barely know there is a viral problem. That’s what the government are up against.

I take the point about social media. I don’t do social media as it seems tome to be the place where common sense goes to die, especially twitter. However I accept that the press are adept at bouncing the Government into decisions they don't necessarily want to take. That has always been the case, at least since 1914.  As of today Nicola Sturgeons chief adviser has been forced to take a back seat because her opponents are prepared  to capitalise on;a stupid mistake, for no other reason than to make political capital . That’s the world we live in.

However I do think there are things where the Government are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. The armchair experts are in the ascendency now, asking for a complete lockdown perhaps but less than two weeks ago all I heard were neurotic women phoning radio stations, complains not for any discernible scientific reason but because their little darlings couldn’t take their GCSE ‘s and even a radio presenter talking about the emotional stress the teenagers were supposedly under.

Anyway I can’t get too wound up about any of it. Personally it seems that round here everyone obeys the guidelines without too much trouble and the application of common sense without a policeman in sight. But that doesn’t make the headlines. 

• Like 3