British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

2 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Sturgeon thought it was fine for her to stay.

No comment!

• Haha 1

Seems a small protest against the lockdown was broken up yesterday in Berlin, where the police seems to have clamped down harder than most other places. Turning people back from the Hamburg/Schleswig-Holstein border, sending them back to Hamburg. But all the talk of religious groups ignoring the social distancing rule and yesterday on my trip out in the sun and typically the only group i saw ignoring the ruling was a bikers caff that seemed to be doing a roaring trade in the lovely weather

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Seems a small protest against the lockdown was broken up yesterday in Berlin, where the police seems to have clamped down harder than most other places. Turning people back from the Hamburg/Schleswig-Holstein border, sending them back to Hamburg. But all the talk of religious groups ignoring the social distancing rule and yesterday on my trip out in the sun and typically the only group i saw ignoring the ruling was a bikers caff that seemed to be doing a roaring trade in the lovely weather

Slightly off topic, but my wife washed her car yesterday. Her sister said that in Germany people aren't allowed to wash their own car, and if they do the police will come and make them stop. Is that right?

Reports of battles between Rishi Sunak and Matt Hancock. Hancock understandably wants to keep the pressure on to beat  the covid problem Sunak is having worries about how he is going to revive the economy afterwards. 
I’m not taking sides or making a judgement on either. Both have unenviable tasks , but it just helps us to understand the massive scale of the problem

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 4

None of the links I have in China and Japan, believe that the death figures for China overall are anywhere near the truth. Up by a factor of 8 to 10 would be a much more likely reality. 20 - 30,000

• Like 2

True or fake news ???

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

True or fake news ???

Sounds true.

Unless they’ve been testing Professor Ferguson’s “40 million infected people” and can’t believe that none of them has been infected! 

• Haha 1

Covid killing old people.

In France: 5,889 deaths in hospital (mostly old people) and 2,189 deaths in care homes.

Probably 75% of deaths are old people and 95% old or ill.

41 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

True or fake news ???

Neither. Just a piece of manure stirring by a disgruntled ex- Referendum party ex-Bexit party MEP. Typical of most of the drivel that seems to polite social media. The statement means absolutely nothing on its own, or depending on your viewpoint can mean whatever you want it to mean. 
“Millions “ of tests ?  Really? Do we detect a degree of exaggeration there? 
It’s been reported this morning that scientists say they estimate they are two months from a reliable antibody tests.  

• Like 1

with all these different figures being thrown around can you imagine if Diane Abbott was Home Secretary

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, stevehone said:

with all these different figures being thrown around can you imagine if Diane Abbott was Home Secretary

She’d be helpful only if the “figures being thrown around” were in a wrestling ring!  :)

2 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Reports of battles between Rishi Sunak and Matt Hancock. Hancock understandably wants to keep the pressure on to beat  the covid problem Sunak is having worries about how he is going to revive the economy afterwards. 
I’m not taking sides or making a judgement on either. Both have unenviable tasks , but it just helps us to understand the massive scale of the problem

Battles between Sunak and Hancock?

Sounds a bit handbags and slaps.  :)

13 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Battles between Sunak and Hancock?

Sounds a bit handbags and slaps.  :)

Media looking for something that is not there more like  !

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

Slightly off topic, but my wife washed her car yesterday. Her sister said that in Germany people aren't allowed to wash their own car, and if they do the police will come and make them stop. Is that right?

Haven’t heard that. But we have the problem of each state making their own rules. Lower Saxony closed the diy shops, so people were then traveling further to go to those open in the neighboring state. The diy shop owners were complaining they were losing customers. They have re-opened them today with some restrictions. I think it is one customer to every 10m2