British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Flu virus usually does not have a marked effect on industry and the financial markets.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grachan said:

According to Google, the death rate in South Korea is 8 out of 893, which is around 0.8 percent.

Iran looks worse, with 12 out of 61, which is nearly a 20% death rate.

Ooops, I am usually good at math, now bottom of the form, my excuse is I had just got up and was on my first brew.

56 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Flu virus usually does not have a marked effect on industry and the financial markets.

Flu virus isn't hyped endlessly either..

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Flu virus isn't hyped endlessly either..

I'm sure someone will come up with a miracle jab for it soon enough, and make billions in the process. Make everyone scared enough and they will be queuing up for it...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/25/2020 at 7:15 PM, Blupanther said:

I'm sure someone will come up with a miracle jab for it soon enough, and make billions in the process. Make everyone scared enough and they will be queuing up for it...

Hope u get a jab in the face

Some things I'd like to know, which we don't seem to be getting told.

First thing is, how many people have this virus at the moment. It is easy to find out how many people have caught it, but a lot of those will have recovered by now.

Also, how about seeing some information from someone who has had it and has now recovered. How long were they ill for? What is the best way to cope with the symptoms. In other words - how bad is it?

Instead, all we are getting is newsreaders auditioning for a part in an apocalyptic movie.

• Like 4

Working within the leisure industry, as I do, I guess that I am on the front line as regards susceptibility in potentially catching the virus despite all the precautions one hears and reads about. However I'm trying to put it into some sort of perspective and not getting wound up by it all.

Edited by steve roberts

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Some things I'd like to know, which we don't seem to be getting told.

First thing is, how many people have this virus at the moment. It is easy to find out how many people have caught it, but a lot of those will have recovered by now.

Also, how about seeing some information from someone who has had it and has now recovered. How long were they ill for? What is the best way to cope with the symptoms. In other words - how bad is it?

Instead, all we are getting is newsreaders auditioning for a part in an apocalyptic movie.

Yesterday I saw the guy that was doing webcam broadcasts from the cruise line in Yokohama on TV again. Think his name is David Abel, and it was a vid of him recovering in hospital and looking a tad better and his son had said last week that he was very ill and likely to be put on a ventilator., but he now thinks he is beginning to recover. It would be interesting if he did some more webcasts about his experience and the seriousness of the virus.

I always get the feeling that government are just offering platitudes and stressing that in some people it can be very mild. I actually think the government are totally unprepared for a pandemic and the resources that it requires. They probably did a money saving risk assessment.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Working within the leisure industry, as I do, I guess that I am on the front line as regards susceptibility in potentially catching the virus despite all the precautions one hears and reads about. However I'm trying to put it into some sort of perspective and not getting wound up by it all.

Yeah, but imagine what it’s like working in a gym where you see a swell of new members in January only for some mystery pandemic to hit them in February and they’re never seen again!

Fortunately most are able to recover in all you can eat restaurants.  :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Yeah, but imagine what it’s like working in a gym where you see a swell of new members in January only for some mystery pandemic to hit them in February and they’re never seen again!

Fortunately most are able to recover in all you can eat restaurants.  :)

You're far too critical of yourself   ;)

What a Government to have eh !

They're going to have an emergency committee meeting (presumably) COBRA, but not until Monday morning over 60 hours away !

It's a good job none of them work in big business when there's a crisis that needs averting. Mind I hear that the so called PM doesn't like working weekends.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One thing's certain. We're not being told the full story by the Chinese Government.

Some interesting info from Dr Bergman...

16 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Some interesting info from Dr Bergman...

Conspiracy theory alarm !!!!

• Like 1