British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

3 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

There are over 1 billion people living in central Africa. The Imperial College model, which shut down the world, forecasted a best case scenario of 230K deaths in this region. Guess what...

They were only off by 1134%

Even a cynic like must have enough nouse to realise it depends on the parameters set , but if a series of countries don't take the thing serious, or don't have the means to take action, then the estimates are not relevant. And not wrong.  

22 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think I might rather see one of your comic clips rather that a flippant attempt to ignore information and think you are humorous in your attempt. Must try harder, or perhaps not at all. 

I shall take your opinion on board.....and completely ignore it. :)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Even a cynic like must have enough nouse to realise it depends on the parameters set , but if a series of countries don't take the thing serious, or don't have the means to take action, then the estimates are not relevant. And not wrong.  

They were completely wrong on every single forecast model by huge amounts. Sweden cough cough cough...;)

Here comes the Blue Nose variant...:D

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

They were completely wrong on every single forecast model by huge amounts. Sweden cough cough cough...;)

I think you should take advice about that cough you have acquired. At your age, and not vaccinated, things could turn out serious and bang goes our  'jokes of the day' contributions. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

There's nothing to be  "in on",  but it just shows the standard of some Welsh plods and the company they keep.

A know, have you seen 'Twin Town',,, the plods in that are really dodgy, even dodgier than English plods.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think you should take advice about that cough you have acquired. At your age, and not vaccinated, things could turn out serious and bang goes our  'jokes of the day' contributions. 

I have left instructions in the event of my demise, you won't go without...:D

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

There are over 1 billion people living in central Africa. The Imperial College model, which shut down the world, forecasted a best case scenario of 230K deaths in this region. Guess what...

They were only off by 1134%

Africa, of course, was never the target.

Western democracies were always #1 in the cross hairs.

• Like 2

Van Tam has announced that Pfizer has developed a shot which is 100% effective against the Indian Variant.

It will be known as the Punjab.

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Africa, of course, was never the target.

Western democracies were always #1 in the cross hairs.

Well apart from that bloke in Tanzania . You are forgetting the bloke in Tanzania. He was obviously a target

And the next one please.

The McVariant.

E1dDvaRXMAQJPJJ?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, djr said:

So , have I got this right ?

you have gone into a shop, and there is a lady who has a different attitude to Covid than you , instead of just respecting this & minding your own business , you start acting like a weirdo 

Is that right ?

I have lost 2 friends to Covid , and both of the widow's are very cautious about Covid  whenever they go shopping etc.

I can respect this , and don't act like a weirdo if I see them in a shop 

They’re both happy to go shopping though?  :blink:

• Sad 1

Hancock says that 'early evidence from Oxford University has given the government a high degree of confidence that vaccines work against the Indian variant'

Meanwhile the most visible headline on MSN just now was 'Vaccines less effective at reducing transmission of Indian variant' from the Mail. Reading the whole article is a fine example of the scaremongering we have seen from Sage and the press over the past 18 months. Vaccines 'less effective at reducing transmission of Indian variant' (msn.com)

• Like 1

The Times of India reports reducing cases in India:

NEW DELHI: The Covid-19 crisis in India is far from over as the country continues to maintain a 7-day daily average of close to 3.5 lakh Covid cases.

However, the numbers from the last few days suggest that perhaps the worst of the second wave is behind us. 

For the last few days, the daily cases have been on a downward trend after touching an all-time high of over 4.14 lakh on May 6.

On Saturday, India's daily case count dipped to 3.26 lakh, its lowest in almost 17 days. The deaths stayed high at 3,890 but the tally fell below the 4,000-mark after three days.