• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Probably because;

1) He has a life away forum this form like most (not all) of us 

2) He hasn't got time to spend every waking moment on this forum 

3) He has other things to do 

4) He hasn't got time to trawl the web searching for link after link after link which backs up his opinions

5) He isn't obsessed with COVID

6) He isn't sad enough to be on here all day every day

Yep, I think that probably that covers it :party:

And at that point DC2 disappeared.  :D  But just give it a few minutes....

:D:D:D

2 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

You’re obsessed with me, aren’t you?  

Presumably Gillian’s done a runner?  :D

Just now, chris4gillian said:

The difference is DC2 will come back and address the points raised, something Tsunami never does as he is just a shill of left wing sage and this corrupt government...

Point proven :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

The difference is DC2 will come back and address the points raised, something Tsunami never does as he is just a shill of left wing sage and this corrupt government...

And Chris missed the fact that Tsunami returned later and ignored the request for facts, figures and research.  As usual.

But, of course, making a coherent argument is not a strong point for Chris or Tsunami, whose only contributions are “the government says it’s right so it must be right” and to bombard those who disagree with insults.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The UK is eating itself to death...what a surprise. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I genuinely believe that he doesn't realise it.

He still thinks he's voting for Thatcher:rofl:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Othering.

Not a scholar of history are you?

:D

Not your slant on things then?

Good description though, but I'd have said 'under the bed' rather than 'in the basement'.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DC2 said:

What?

Your article is irrelevant.

I said BBC hadn’t shown the march on the TV news.  That’s on the TV, that millions watch, not in print that many fewer read.

You said you thought you had seen it and then came back and said you definitely had, but you haven’t produced any footage or told us what evidence made you change your mind.

I won’t make a gratuitous insult about your memory, but I suspect there is deterioration between the age of 58 and 75.

The article is relevant as it shows BBC covered the event. You saying 'I can't remember' is as positive (or negative, in your case) as my 'I think'. 

So, my adding 'I think', into a sentence is, you know, just a habit, like. Get it? Sorry for the confusion it caused at the start of my initial post on this particular topic. I was more positive in the next post after seeing your confusion at my use of the two words previously.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow

35 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

We have been over the vaccine compulsion before. All are currently experimental, pharma need no indemnity, those who feel at risk should get them.....this should be personal choice. If not then we become Nazi Germany, forcing individuals to take “ medicine” without consent, as long term benefits and risks are not known. 

If those individuals who have taken the jab are worried about those who have not, the sentiment is touching, but please don’t. If you have confidence in the vaccine, you have nothing to fear. I can’t alleviate your neurosis, by jabbing my arm. You can consider yourself invincible....I would like to carry on living, making my own choices. You may consider me an idiot, many do, but that should be a freedom I am afforded. 

“But it’s for the greater good”....well not for me, significant damage from vaccine or virus, is roughly equivalent for my age, so I would like to pass. 
If the original premise held, we would jab all boys against HPV, to protect the girls. We don’t , even though males would get some benefit from reduced oral cancers, because we focus the effort on those deemed at risk, women from cervical cancer. 

Why then is this vaccination any different? It should be focussed on vulnerable groups, no more , no less. There should always be choice. Persuade by all means Prof Whitty  et al. but compel, or coerce, even covertly and you are no better than Mengele.....

This is an attempt to put  sections of the public against one another, transfer blame for political impotency back to the unvaccinated. There should be no surprise in this, from a government who wish to terrorise its population rather than face scrutiny. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Why then is this vaccination any different? It should be focussed on vulnerable groups, no more , no less. There should always be choice. Persuade by all means Prof Whitty  et al. but compel, or coerce, even covertly and you are no better than Mengele.....

Something of an exaggeration I would suggest .:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I agree that the vaccine should be voluntary.

But I think that those who work in the medical and care professions should have it.

And that it would be reasonable in season for certain “benefits” to accrue only to those who have it, such as being able to travel abroad and attend indoor events, but only until the virus is no more of a threat than flu.

In my view, this winter it would be acceptable for some pubs etc to allow only the vaccinated access.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

I agree that the vaccine should be voluntary.

But I think that those who work in the medical and care professions should have it.

And that it would be reasonable in season for certain “benefits” to accrue only to those who have it, such as being able to travel abroad and attend indoor events, but only until the virus is no more of a threat than flu.

That's a fair comment.